Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
View Poll Results: Are the pictures parts new?
Yes - NEW
9.52%
No - Used
90.48%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

What say you, ARE THESE PARTS NEW?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 11:04 AM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

This has quickly turned from a frustrating string to one of just pure entertainment now. At first I thought you where trying to make legitimate points. Not sure where I got that from, but I tell ya what, I'll just go point for point for you. Maybe, just maybe, you might get it then. But probably not. K, here goes.

Originally Posted by Menace
My examples were just to show that 1) Forum members can still be trusted, and 2) Even vendors sell you ****ty stuff, and it took me MONTHS to get my money back from that. We are screwed daily by everyone trying to get rich off of everything and anything.
1) I never said NOT to trust forum members... I said don't trust the FRAUD that sold me these... I was very specific. And now even more specifically, I would recommend them not purchasing anything from you as well, knowing full well that you sympathize with this loser. Mind you this is not an attack, it is a simple recommendation to all others purchasing parts on the MF classifieds. You likely missed the fact that that is why I started this in the first place.

2) Your point here is not even relevant. This was not a sale from a Vendor, where recourse is possible. From a Vendor that has a sponsorship on our site. From a Vendor that has a stated return policy. It's just apples and oranges and a crap comparison that has no bearing here. Next...

Anyway, you are right. I did not click on the link, I only read this thread and at no point in time you mentioned contacting the seller. My bad?
I guess even though you SAID you now read the original thread... thats just not true is it. Post #15 and #19 of the original thread. If you're going to comment on it... read it first.

Now after I clicked the link, I see someone asking about the TB, requesting more pics... sounds familiar. I'm not being cocky, and again it does suck that you aren't satisfied but any time you buy something from anyone other than a vendor it would be a good idea to ask for more pics that's all I'm saying.
Maybe you aren't being cocky (which I never said), but you ARE being ridiculous in defending this a-hole. And maybe you didn't hear me say it before, but I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN PICS. But that DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT that there were sold in BRAND NEW/LIKE NEW condition, which should NOT require any pics. I'll admit I should have done more due diligence, but I wont' admit that I'm at fault here or that this idiot didn't screw me intentionally.

Looking at the one picture he did offer, does indeed show the same wear marks on the WP Pulley as you have.
If this was about a few scratches on the idler pulley, I'd have voiced my opinion and blown this off, but thats not the point. That point is that these are much worse that the CONDITION HE STATED and the PICTURES HE PROVIDED.

I'm not in any way siding with him so I don't know why you are coming off insulting me, but if you feel the need to vent and take your anger out on me then that's all you.
Please refer to below comment,"Taking in ALL the facts that have been shown, you recieved the product as shown." Thats "not in any way siding with him"? I believe that is very distinctly siding with him.

And I am not insulting you. How have I insulted you? If anything, I've only pointed out the association with your perception of what BRAND NEW/LIKE NEW condition is so that if others agree with me... and SURVEY SAYS?! (said in Bob Barker-The Price is right-esque voice) 14 out of 15 DO!... then I would caution them from buying anything that is BRAND NEW/LIKE NEW from you either. This is simple advocacy and is in no way inflammatory. If I have insulted you, I sincerely apologize. That is not my intention. My intention is to draw the relatively easy comparison to your version of part conditions to the version of part conditions the fraud that sold these to me has, so that others can know not to ever purchase from him or "anyone else" that has the same definitions of condition as him.

And, I can't believe I have to explain this to you, but I'm not venting on you. I vented earlier. I'm angry with you, admittedly, because you are helping perpetuate the problem that got me to this point. Defending, explaining and sympathizing with someone that obviously, admittedly did wrong to another MF member by knowing the loopholes and weaknesses of this system.

When I mentioned you taking it out on everyone else, on several posts of members offering their opinions you instead attacked them. Myself included.
Show me where I've attacked anyone, including yourself? I just don't see it anywhere.... when I read the threads... did you?[/quote]

I apologize if MY idea of "Like new" isn't what you or Amazon.com think.
No apology necessary, you're just wrong. But you also forgot to mention the 14 out of 15 people on this thread that concur with myself and Amazon "think".

I'm sorry but if a product has never been used, it's still considered "New" to me.
Thank you and I agree. And judging by the wear patterns on the idler pulley which I, others on this thread and Steeda have confirmed, definitively prove that these HAVE BEEN USED. USED being the operative word. I'm glad we agree on this point.

If I walk into a store and try a jacket on... I've worn the jacket, does that make it like new? I should get a discount? Again, not trying to come off as a smart *** just trying to prove my logic of thinking and if you don't agree with that then I apologize.
Again, interesting comparison, just not in anyway applicable (or logical as you put it). Well, maybe it is actually. If you just put the jacket back on the hanger and there was NO EVIDENCE in condition that showed it had been previously worn... or again, as Amazon (a fairly well regarded international marketplace for new and used products) would say... does it appear "in perfect condition." Or are "(t)here are absolutely no signs of wear"? Then yes, said jacket would be considered LIKE NEW, maybe even BRAND NEW.

HOWEVER, if you scratched, gouged, ripped the tags of off the jacket... threw it on the ground and stomped on it a couple times, and threw it back over the rack and told the next guy that passed... hey this is a BRAND NEW/LIKE NEW jacket... you too would be the same category I place the loser that sold me these pulleys.

Taking in ALL the facts that have been shown, you received the product as shown.
As futile as this may be, again I'll ask... WHAT FACTS ARE YOU LOOKING AT? They were stated as being BRAND NEW/LIKE NEW... they arrived with scratches, gouged, previously installed and not in the original box... as stated. Do the WORDS he put on the FOR SALE thread not count?

If the ad said "slightly used" would you still have purchased them?
Easy one... No.

And I'm also curious on what you said to Steeda for them to tell you "not to use them" because again from the pictures you showed us it doesn't look like they are a pile of metal.
I said that I recently purchased some apparently BRAND NEW/LIKE NEW pulleys there were purported to be not previously installed and in the original packaging. They stated that they have no problem with the community resale of such parts. However after I showed them the pictures of what I received, they stated that not knowing the abuse that may have taken place in providing for such damage, they would not recommend installing this set of pulleys, primarily due to the gouges out of the crank pulley which the stated could lead to a slight warping, albeit not visible to the naked eye, that could be fairly destructive to engine components if installed. Further more they themselves theorized that the gouges in the rims of the crank pulley where very conducive to what they've seen when people try and remove the pulley's incorrectly by beating them off, which would cause them even more concern in the "balance integrity" of the pulley.

... and I didn't say they were a pile of metal.

You posted this to show us that there are scammers on the forums, got it. If I was the seller and you weren't satisfied then I would do what needed to rectify the situation.
Awesome. That redeems you in my eyes, slightly. And frankly goes without saying that is what I would expect from any other MF member... and did so expect from said seller.

I really don't know what else you expect from us other than us trying to offer our opinions and suggestions. Take it, be angry with it, do whatever you have to.
I don't expect anything from "you (us)". I expect honesty, integrity amongst us of a common passion. And I don't expect people to try and side against the facts that state this idiot seller is a fraud. I'll admit I was angry with you, but no longer. Especially since I realize you are the only one so far appears to have voted NEW. The numbers and the other members have spoken, which was my intention here. It's just a bonus if I drew out some other people to be cautious of as well.

Also, a little more investigation... The guy has under 200 posts and about 175 of them are selling/buying stuff. Might tell you something.
Indeed it does. My bad. Hard to believe anyone would come to the defense of such a tried and true, honest MFer, huh?

Last edited by 6605stang; 08-24-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I don't recall voting "new" ... I said they were "like new" in my definition, but clearly identify them as being used.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6605stang
Start Rant...

Bought some parts from a fraud by the member name asci01 or ALL STAR COMPUTERS. Here is what he had for sale in the classifieds section;

Item Condition: Brand New

I bought these parts new and a week later a great deal for a supercharger came across so I can't use
them with the supercharger. I paid $320 for the BBK throttle body, $210 for the Steeda pulleys and $210 for the JLT CAI from Americanmuscle. They will add over 50HP to your Stang.

I'm selling the JLT CAI for $160 OBO plus S/H. It's brand new. Never installed.
The BBK for $220 OBO plus S/H. It's in like new condition. Still in the box
The Steeda UDP for $160 OBO plus S/H. They're in like new condition. Still in the box.

Here's the link if you wish to see for yourself.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/part...lt-steeda.html

HERE however are the pictures of the BRAND/LIKE NEW pieces... DO YOU THINK THESE ARE NEW?

You know, it pains me (more than financially) that in this community of folks that there are such predatory scam artists that know the limits of the system we all respect and they fraudulantly step outside those limits, knowing that they can screw anyone that is naive enough to follow. I'll never by parts from other members on this site now, just knowing out vulnerable one can be by offering up such blind trust. I was screwed and by the rules of Paypal, I have no recourse, NONE. Neither do you with ANY sale whatsoever on this or any other non-marketplace website that is approved by Paypal. NO MATTER WHAT EVIDENCE YOU HAVE, they CANNOT and WILL NOT side with you. Though my frustration is very thoroughly with Paypal on this, it's mostly and predominantly with the dishonest and predatory fraud. Bravo, you screwed a fellow mustanger into buying your junk parts. You are a master your domain. Enjoy your karma... it's coming.
Sorry, I knew there was a reason I kept saying "You can still trust members here" ...
Old 08-24-2010, 02:28 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

I said they were "like new" in my definition, but clearly identify them as being used.
While I'm joyful that you finally admit they are used, I'm still baffled by your interchanging the terms LIKE NEW and USED. Not very clear on that.

Sorry, I knew there was a reason I kept saying "You can still trust members here" ...
I never said anything to the contrary. I WON'T buy here again. I KNOW I CAN trust many of the members here, the vast majority for that matter... I just don't know which ones and am not willing to be screwed again. You see where I'm going with this?! It's the same place I was going in the beginning.

Here's the extremely short version for you....

I got screwed by an MF member and the lack of Paypal protection here. I won't allow it to happen again. I suggest other be cautious of the same. Is that clear enough for you?
Old 08-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Dude, there is a reason why I quoted you in that.. because you said... "I'll never by parts from other members on this site now" Look at your first post, and read the bottom paragraph.

I don't recall ever saying they were "new" ... I said they were "Like new" per my description of "like new" and essentially that still means they are used, but still in "like new condition" again according to my idea of what "like new" means. Though you think my idea warrants that I'm some kind of moron... Even "W1ldcat" agrees, used but "like new" ... I guess we're all idiots. =D

The whole purpose of me coming to this thread was not to side with him, you, or anyone. I just wanted to give my opinion that even though they had some scuffs and such that they looked like they could still be functional. Oh well.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:05 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

Dude, there is a reason why I quoted you in that.. because you said... "I'll never by parts from other members on this site now" Look at your first post, and read the bottom paragraph.

I don't recall ever saying they were "new" ... I said they were "Like new" per my description of "like new" and essentially that still means they are used, but still in "like new condition" again according to my idea of what "like new" means. Though you think my idea warrants that I'm some kind of moron... Even "W1ldcat" agrees, used but "like new" ... I guess we're all idiots. =D

The whole purpose of me coming to this thread was not to side with him, you, or anyone. I just wanted to give my opinion that even though they had some scuffs and such that they looked like they could still be functional. Oh well.
DUDE, I swear, it's like I'm talking to a post... I JUST said... I, me, myself, won't buy from members on this site again... just like you so cunningly caught me SAYING IT BEFORE! Where's the "GOTCHA" here? When I say, "I never said anything to the contrary", THAT MEANS, I stand by my original statement and have not since contradicted it.

I said, it before, I'll say it again and I'm sure you still won't get it... I, personally, due to not knowing who I can now trust here and knowing I have no recourse with sales initiated on Mustangforums.com, will no longer purchase parts from this venue. And I suggest all other members exercise caution in doing so, now ALSO knowing that no recourse is available. Proceed as you wish with the reconfirmed knowledge that if things go wrong, you're, not the seller, are screwed.

What part of that have you not understood from the beginning and the god-knows-how-many times I've said since then?! My God.

And I never called you or any other MF member an "idiot" or a "moron" EXCEPT the a-hole that sold me the junk parts. I'll call him every name in the book, short of me getting banned. I never attacked you or called you names. I never implied you were a moron for thinking LIKE NEW means, USED. I only told you were wrong. I addressed your "thoughts" point for point. I provided mainsteam definitions of the LIKE NEW, used by millions of sales on Amazon.com, for example, that clearly stated what they "think" LIKE NEW IS. Can you provide me a source of definition that states LIKE NEW = something to the affect of "functionally operational, but dinged, damaged, scuffed, scratched or scraped?" I'd love to see it.

I tell you what... go the classifieds section and try to make a new sale thread... you know what your options are? BRAND NEW or USED. Which of those 2 classifications would you put these parts under, cuz this seller put them under BRAND NEW.

While I do appreciate what your intentions MAY have been, no matter how unapparent, obscure and completely contradictory to your words, bottom line is you've don't nothing but contradict yourself and stick words in my mouth since you started in here. Thanks for your "contribution". What a waste...
Old 08-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I just wanted to give my opinion that even though they had some scuffs and such that they looked like they could still be functional. Oh well.
It's not a matter of functionality, it's false advertising on the seller's behalf. They shouldn't have been labeled as 'new' because 'new' things don't have nicks, scratches etc. They should have been 'used', 'like new' or 'minor wear'
Old 08-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alec231236
It's not a matter of functionality, it's false advertising on the seller's behalf. They shouldn't have been labeled as 'new' because 'new' things don't have nicks, scratches etc. They should have been 'used', 'like new' or 'minor wear'
They were listed as "like new"
Old 08-24-2010, 03:40 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

The classifieds section intentionally only has 2 classifications to avoid issues JUST LIKE THIS... If you list an item in the MF classifieds you have 2 options. BRAND NEW and USED. There is NO "LIKE NEW". Look it up. He listed these as BRAND NEW.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/part...lt-steeda.html

It's right next to where it says... "ITEM CONDITION".

But you're not defending him, right?
Old 08-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I looked at the thread, and I read where he says...

I'm selling the JLT CAI for $160 OBO plus S/H. It's brand new. Never installed.
The BBK for $220 OBO plus S/H. It's in like new condition. Still in the box
The Steeda UDP for $160 OBO plus S/H. They're in like new condition. Still in the box.

I guess there is some fine print... and no, telling it how it is doesn't mean I am defending anyone.

Quick Reply: What say you, ARE THESE PARTS NEW?