Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Help Me COMPLETELY Customize My Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 04:30 PM
pujolsfan02

Default Help Me COMPLETELY Customize My Mustang!

Ok So first off I have a 2005 Mustang GT that i have been wanting to completely customize for a long time. I finally saved up the money to do it! The cost of upgrades is not an issue, so price does not matter. The car is completely stock and I would like to give it a couple extra ponies
I already know how i want it to look, but i need help with what else to get. The specs I am looking for are as follows.. (Also, I would like most of the parts to be ford racing, unless other parts are better)
1. Must be street legal.
2. I want it to be a good track car and a decent drift car.
3. I am looking to literally upgrade anything to make it lighter and faster.
4. I want a short block engine. What would be a good shortblock that i can upgrade? what parts to you recommend for it?
5. I want to supercharge it, but it must be able to work with the short block.
6. EFI or Carb?
7. I want adjustable height. Higher for street and low for track.
8. What size tires?
9. Nitrous
10. Just list anything that can be upgraded on the car to make it better.

Thanks!!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:02 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

ur looking at around id say 15k for a good track and drift car. What is your time slip goal for the track. People are gonna want to know that. Im interested in the answers that people give you. Good luck
Old 09-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Gloves
2nd Gear Member

#9 Nitrous is fun!

My install:
http://www.glovesandclover.com/tutor...kit/index.html

I've always wanted to put a whipple supercharger, that's lot of extra power.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:49 PM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

troll or legit post

if legit please learn about the options you want before you put them in from the looks of it you should
Old 09-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

If money is no option... if I were you I would take it to a renowned Mustang shop
and describe to them what you want out of your car.

Then have them talk to you about your options.
If money is no option... let the pros do it.

Take that baby to Brenspeed or somewhere and have them go buck wild on it
hehe.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:11 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

OK so i mean this seriously, I'm not trying to be a douche. If money is no object, trade that 05 for a 5.0 and you will be well ahead of what you can get out of your current car. As it is you will need a blower to reach the stock power of the 5.0.

That said if the car is sentimental to you for some reason, the FRPP aluminator short block, whipple if you want loads of power, new rims and some drag radials out back for all your power, you will also need some suspension work. that blower alone will cost you in the $8000 range installed (last i checked), suspension mods another 2K or 3K, that SB is $3300, wheels and tires will set you back in the $1500 range minimum. One thing that noobs to these cars always forget is with great power comes the need for great traction. I've seen 700whp cars get hosed on the street by cars with much less power because they can't put that power down.

My recommendation if you stick with your 05 is to get a bit more realistic in what your ultimate goals are. I'm no expert by any means, but without spending huge money about 450whp and up is all that most of us are skilled enough to use on the street me thinks. And that is plenty of power to rape most cars you will run across. spend some of your unlimited funds on the driver mod too.

If it were my 05 and warranty was no issue, i would go wheels/tires, procharger HO, suspension work, make it look like you want it and call it a day. You can easily drive the car on the street and wont spend as much time working on it as driving.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:29 PM
smythge
4th Gear Member

THIS MUST BE A JOKE.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:23 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
If money is no option... if I were you I would take it to a renowned Mustang shop
and describe to them what you want out of your car.

Then have them talk to you about your options.
If money is no option... let the pros do it.

Take that baby to Brenspeed or somewhere and have them go buck wild on it
hehe.
very true...a good mustang shop will get you going in the right direction with your car...
Old 09-06-2010, 06:02 PM
pujolsfan02

mustang shop it is!

haha a joke.. didn't think that mustang drivers were douchbags. but thanks to the suggestions from people that ACTUALLY wanted to help. much appreciated!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:08 PM
pujolsfan02

Originally Posted by pujolsfan02
mustang shop it is!

haha a joke.. didn't think that mustang drivers were douchbags. but thanks to the suggestions from people that ACTUALLY wanted to help. much appreciated!
douchebags*

Quick Reply: Help Me COMPLETELY Customize My Mustang!