Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Baer 14 Inch GT Plus Brake Kit for 2011 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 07:21 PM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

Default Baer 14 Inch GT Plus Brake Kit for 2011 5.0

Hey Guys,

New to this site. New to Mustangs as well, my 5.0 is my first, formerly a BMW guy. I've done some stuff to my 5.0, mainly bolt-on's and appearance stuff. I'm enjoying it a lot.

I was wondering if anyone is running that Baer 14 Inch GT Plus Brake Kit on their car, and what they think of'em. Also, I'm runnin' 18x8's all around and I'm not sure if they'll fit.

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:52 PM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Uhh, you mean the Brembos?
Old 09-21-2010, 09:55 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
Uhh, you mean the Brembos?
I think he just means the aftermarket Baer 14" Brake Kit, not the one that can be factory ordered (Brembos)
Old 09-22-2010, 12:53 AM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

yeah definitely not the brembo's. I've run'em in the past and haven't been impressed with them trackside, which is why I didn't go with them from the get-go. I've never run Baer before
Old 09-22-2010, 11:45 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I too am curious, especially if someone has experience with using both Brembos and Baers in the same car. Which is superior?

At first, I trusted Ford to have chosen a good factory option aftermarket brake upgrade, and my trust was also bolstered by people who demand the dealer sell them their CS or premiums with Brembos.

But of course, there will always be a better aftermarket upgrade than what the factory can install; it's just a matter of finding out which ones are the read deal or total BS.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:54 PM
94GTLaserRC

From asking different people (not experts, but people in sales, tech, etc) it seems that the Brembo Caliper is definitely better, but as a kit, the 2-piece rotor with the Baer and the fact that it's drilled makes it a close rival, even though it's 2-piston. The pistons in the Baer caliper are supposed to be larger than the the 2-pistons in the stock one. Either is definitely an upgrade. What I personally like about the Baer is that you get the caliper in a nice silver finish, which you cant bet in Brembo unless you go to the $3k+ kits. Im about show as much or more than pure "go" so I may go with the silver Baers and get the drilled rotors.

Good Luck
RC
Old 09-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Ive used brembos (indirectly in porsches) and i have used the Baer Pro+ 14" kit on the track and they both work pretty flawlessly. you can not go wrong with either set. while i can not comment on the GT plus kit i absolutely LOVE my pro + brakes.

to check whether or not the GT + will fit your wheels just use the template they provide online.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:00 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

The Baer GT Plus can be mounted in 'Stangs? I just want to be sure I am not reading into this wrong, but I think the GT Plus kit is meant for trucks (& not so much for cars).

http://www.baer.com/products/complete/gt.php

I agree though, if you can make them work for cars, they would be much more cheaper than the Extreme Plus Kits ($3500 or so).

http://www.baer.com/products/complete/extreme-plus.php
Old 09-27-2010, 03:52 AM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

Yes Jim, it will definitely fit. I've contacted Baer and a reputable 'Stang tuner source and they've both said they'd work. I was gonna do the Steeda upgrade on the rears. That would cost me a little less than 2g's for the full setup. Although, they're all telling me that I may be better off spending the extra money to upgrade to something larger than the the two piston front setup. I've spent quite a bit on the car already, and I've only had it a week and half, so I'm not looking to spend 3g's on just fronts.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:06 AM
94GTLaserRC

This is the one I was referring to:

http://www.steeda.com/store/baer-gt-...d-mustang.html

Quick Reply: Baer 14 Inch GT Plus Brake Kit for 2011 5.0