Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Don't ever say your done w/mods.......Ah uh..

Old 10-01-2010, 10:00 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Default Don't ever say your done w/mods.......Ah uh..

I actually told some neighbors of mine I was done modding my car..... Well that was till Roush put the m90 at a killer price. Now after talking with Jim jr at jdm and having him answer all 30 minutes of my concerns and questions........I got a m90 and jdm cai on the way. Gonna install it with some friends help later this month. Jim said the install was simple compared to the cam install we did, so I feel good about this doing the install. He suggested a autometer boost and wideband gauge. Any other gauges yo guys think are a must have?
They are gonna write me a custom tune since I have longtubes and d rockers. I was very concerned about this, but Jim really made me feel good about what they can do.
I have ceramic hf cats, so I am gonna get them cut out as the charger will just melt them. Gotta take off the jlt cai too. Both items will be up for sale for cheap.

Good times man.....I am excited, this is awesome!

Last edited by 808muscle; 10-01-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:03 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Start a build thread once you get started. Most of us would like to follow along and if you get in a bind and need an answer your chances of getting a fast response will be better with people watching the thread.

How long till you get it?
Old 10-01-2010, 11:08 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

nice dude, i am going to do the jdm tune and pully once the warranty runs out. 6 months i have had the car now and its got nearly 8k on the odo so it may be while though.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:33 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

woo whooo!

Congrats again.. I am on the very same route lol

Ditto on a build thread. we all love pics..
Old 10-02-2010, 03:16 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

A build thread it is. Great idea. I never imagined me having one.....sweet! Jim said it would ship next week. He is gonna find the cheapest most efficient way to ship. Ups ground is prolly it. That'll take 7-10 days. My buddy can't really help me right now anyway and I have a race the week after it shows up. Realistically we won't Install till end of the month, but I can start on the gauges and exhaust right away.

I was looking at autometer widebands, holy sh$t those aren't cheap. I did see you can get a $60 rebate from autometer so that does help. Fricken things cost $300+...,,,,,,that blows. Is that the standard wideband or are there less expensive options? Prolly will only do the wideband and a boost. I am liking the roush gauge pods. Saw a nice pic of two in the middle ac vents. Very clean, uncrowded.

Shane, how are you liking the m90? Auto or manual trans?
Old 10-02-2010, 01:43 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

hmm.. not sure about the gauges, but you might want to check with ShaneM about them.

That M90s instant torque, along with your current mods list is gonna kick some major ***

You're gonna need some serious rubber though, if you want to hook!
Old 10-02-2010, 05:11 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
hmm.. not sure about the gauges, but you might want to check with ShaneM about them.

That M90s instant torque, along with your current mods list is gonna kick some major ***

You're gonna need some serious rubber though, if you want to hook!
Got it....mt et streets bias ply. Am running 30 psi and can't spin em at the track. The m90 will give em a whirl!

Did a lot of reading, looks like you get what you pay for with a wideband...I won't take the cheap route. Nice rebate though.

http://www.autometer.com/wideband/
Old 10-02-2010, 05:53 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

if you are running the stock roush tune a wideband may be overkill. Its cool if you have the loot and space in the car, i didn't want a pillar pod to keep it more stealthy (like you can be stealthy in my car at all) anyway. the roush tune is dead safe, no need for one on it. If you are going with a vmp tune maybe you want one then. all i did was a boost gauge and i didn't really even need that. I just like to see the needle jump around.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:03 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Once you get bit by the speed bug the itch never stops!!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:10 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Shane, jdm is writing me a custom tune since I have cams and longtubes. No dyno here on maui so I am gonna datalog somehow and have them make changes. Jim jr. Suggested the autometer wideband and boost gauge. I am looking at it like an insurance policy. Is a mechanical boost gauge the route or is an electrical one better? I don't like the look of the digital ones. White face analog boost autometer or roush is the look I like. Either a pillar pod or roushpod as a location.
What's the scan tool that can datalog or can my sctx3 do the job?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Don't ever say your done w/mods.......Ah uh..