Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Goodie List (Return from Deployment Spending Frenzy)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Langor

Post Goodie List (Return from Deployment Spending Frenzy)

Hello all!

So I have been deployed for almost a year now and I am getting closer to buying a ton of parts for my car. I bought it last year as of this month. So really havent had a chance to enjoy it as much as I have liked. But anyways. My previous car was a 2006 GTO which I sold when I joined the Army. After I joined the Army I bought a 2006 mustang GT.

I love the feeling of driving it and it launches much better than my GTO that I had. But I am very disapointed in the performance after about 60mph. Feels slow to me. I definatly do not want a supercharger. That is a personal decesion I made formyself. I do not care about HP numbers and am a fan of turning heads (show). But I want it fun to drive also. So this is my list of stuff I have chosen so far (will be ordering here in about two months so I can have the stuff by the time I get home). I re-enlisted so I currently have about 10k to spend (More if I want to, but wanting to pay the car off also).

Show:
3d Carbon Boy Racer Kit ~$1,295.00
AM Window Louvers 199.99
AM Sequential Tail lights 139.99
AM Black Halo Projector Lights + Halo Fogs 349.98
AM Eleanor Center Fog Light Grille 139.99
TruCarbon SVT hood 799
Roush Spoiler (Own)
Roush Headlight Splitters (Own)
AM Agent 47 mirrors 'Will paint with kit' (Own)
Clear Corners front and back (own)
LED 3rd brake light (own)
Blacked out tail lights (own)
AM rear gloss black blackout panel (own)
Mustang V6 poney 'I like it better than GT one' emblem and Ford racing V8 emblems (own)
Pioneer DVD player w/ WD 1TB hard drive (own)
Pioneer 8" 120watt door sub conversion (own)
Custom dual 10' sub box (makes it look stock in trunk) (own)
Kenwood 300 watt amp 'powers the 8" pioneer mids' (own)
JL audio 1000 watt amp w/ two 10" JL W3 subs (own)
'I chose 10" JL audio for the sound quality; I listen to a variaty of music'
Optium Red Top battery (own)

Performance:
AM BBK Underdrive Pully 249.99
AM Ford Racing Hot Rod Cams 'for sound' 824.99
AM Ford Racing 4.10 gears w/install/bearing kit 169.99
AM BBK Long Tube Headers w/Shorty catted X-pipe 1009.97
AM SLP Loudmouth Axle-Back exhuast 339.99
Diablo Sport Tuner (own)
K&N Intake (own)
Saleen catback exhaust (remove)

Future goodies:
Lowering kit w/shocks and struts
New 20" rims (not a fan of the spokes I have on now.)
Shortshifter
A bunch of minor dress up items.

Removing:
Front grille and fog light black out covers.

So any feed back on any of the above items would be greatly appreciated. The list is not 100% set yet. If you think I need something else before I get something on the list let me know. I am at about $5645 before discounts and install....

Last edited by Langor; 10-16-2010 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Added exhaust system.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:28 AM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Abit early, but welcome back! You at Bliss? I never got to dump a ton of cash in the car after a deployment

Just curious, but dont you want FI?
Old 10-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Langor

Originally Posted by bluovalguy
Abit early, but welcome back! You at Bliss? I never got to dump a ton of cash in the car after a deployment

Just curious, but dont you want FI?
Thanks. And my duty station is at Ft Bliss. This is my second deployment, my last one I bought the car and got out of debt. Now the only bill I have is a car payment. Which I am hoping to go away after this deployment (looking good).

I don't want a supercharger mainly because I don't trust myself with one. Its a personal choice. And I am fine with show and a little go. I just don't like that it is currently alot slower than my last car, a 2006 GTO.

I was browsing the forums and noticed Roush is having an overstock sale on their supercharger for 3800 bucks. I am trying not to buy it... in fact I have a discussion going on facebook to help talk me out of it at the moment. One of my girlfriends reminded me about when I had my GTO after she accidently spelt a big gulp of coffee (can we say addict?) on my floorboard I decided to get revenge. On a beach trip she was wearing her favorite hollister jacket and when she was about to take a drink of her coffee I downshifted knocking her head back and spilling it all over her. lol. We laught about it now, but she was pissed back than. But anyways.... lol.

I am from Portland myself. I just re-enlisted to go to Ft Lewis so I can be close to home. I am still not sure about the boy racer kit and hood. I might do suspension and exhaust instead to go with the Ford Racing Hot Rod cams.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:30 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Portland huh? When you get back hit me up and I'll convince you to go FI.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:32 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i like your parts list and the overall plan. don't worry to much whether
you should supercharge right now, you can always do that down the road.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:55 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Ft Bliss, eh? How do you like the heat?

Anyway, damn nice ride you have there, and yes, if you can get some Roush stuff, do it. I personally say you should get the Roush front end bumper and fascia; those are damn nice.
If not the Roush one, the Steeda one is damn gorgeous!
Old 10-09-2010, 05:57 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Langor
Thanks. And my duty station is at Ft Bliss. This is my second deployment, my last one I bought the car and got out of debt. Now the only bill I have is a car payment. Which I am hoping to go away after this deployment (looking good).

I don't want a supercharger mainly because I don't trust myself with one. Its a personal choice. And I am fine with show and a little go. I just don't like that it is currently alot slower than my last car, a 2006 GTO.

I was browsing the forums and noticed Roush is having an overstock sale on their supercharger for 3800 bucks. I am trying not to buy it... in fact I have a discussion going on facebook to help talk me out of it at the moment. One of my girlfriends reminded me about when I had my GTO after she accidently spelt a big gulp of coffee (can we say addict?) on my floorboard I decided to get revenge. On a beach trip she was wearing her favorite hollister jacket and when she was about to take a drink of her coffee I downshifted knocking her head back and spilling it all over her. lol. We laught about it now, but she was pissed back than. But anyways.... lol.

I am from Portland myself. I just re-enlisted to go to Ft Lewis so I can be close to home. I am still not sure about the boy racer kit and hood. I might do suspension and exhaust instead to go with the Ford Racing Hot Rod cams.
I wasn't knocking your choice for not going FI, I was just curious. Self restraint is a b1tch, and I struggle with it too

Sidetrack: Whats your MOS? My wife wanted me to go to Lewis, but couldn't handle field time in the rain.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:20 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

That's a nice list, my only advice would be to pass on the halo fog lights. From experience, they are pretty cool at first but they burn out relatively quick. IMO it would be a waste.

Keep us posted on the progress.

Last edited by degeze; 10-09-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:58 AM
Langor

Cool

Siggyfreud: Definatly will do. Have you gone to PIR with your stang? I used to take the GTO there all the time. I would like to bring my mustang there just to play around.

Jim5.0: The heat at Ft. Bliss is not to bad. It snows/ice in the winter time there also. But overall it is not to bad compared to where I am at now.

Bluovalguy: I am a 35F Intelligence Analyst. I am hoping to get into a MI unit, but most likely will be in a Styker or ID unit.

Degeze: Thanks for the heads up on the Halo Fogs. They are only 99 bucks though so I will probably get them and keep my old fogs in case they burn out. I have the AM HID kit for my fog lights, think the halo ones will melt?

I am thinking of getting the BBK Long Tube Headers/Mid X Pipe with SLP Loudmouths. Anyone hear what they sound like with the Hot Rod Cams? I am trying to get a muscle car sound during idle but an echoing mean growl at WOT. Also, are SLP Loudmouths street legal? As being in the military I need to keep it legal for inspections as I may or may not move around alot with the stang.

Thanks ahead of time.

Last edited by Langor; 10-12-2010 at 03:02 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:28 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

don't worry about inspections up there at Ft. Lewis. Washington is a laid back state. Was stationed there for 6 yrs and never had an issue with my Stangs...trucks are a different story. They go crazy with truck laws

car looks pretty mean already. LT's + those cams will sound badass. I've heard it in person and it's a direct throwback to a 60's muscle car.

You might want to look at getting a set of winter rims. Ft. Lewis is on the dry side of the bridge, but it does rain a bit out there, and periodically snows. My 03 GT was laid up 3-4 months a year because I only had Summer High performance tires. It was a slip n' slide whenever the temps dropped.

keep safe out there

Quick Reply: Goodie List (Return from Deployment Spending Frenzy)