Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Symptoms of a flywheel installed backwards?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Miracle
1st Gear Member

It's only a good forum, because it's all you know. When it comes to actual tech knowledge and common freakin sense, there are hundreds of threads of people asking some of the dumbest ****, that every time I see it, I wanna punch myself in the face just so I don't have to read the ****... and it leaves me wondering how someone could be so dense.

"
And I don't see how asking about a wild event that some guy told you he had would make a forum a "laughing stock".
Besides, there's nothing wrong with a good laugh on forums every once in a while."

It's not the laughing stock part really.... but just the plain outright stupidity and retarded questions. I tend to gravitate toward THE places to go for invaluable tech knowledge... people that have built their Mustangs up from stock vehicles to running in the 8's at the strip, and outrunning Z06's at the road course.

The funny/no common sense horse**** that comes out of this and a number of other Mustang forums is disturbing at best. I'm tellin ya dude.... holy freakin crap (edited, since you apparently can say **** or **** here). How can you be THAT retarded?

Can you install pistons backwards? How about an oil pump? Transmission? Crankshaft? Oil drain plug? Cigarette lighter? Shift ****? Radio antenna with a cool little Jack in the Box head on the end?

Think about the stupid **** you're asking. If someone asks YOU that, and you don't smack the **** out of him, or at least laugh at him... you are just as dense as he is.

There are just so many things about cars that are idiot proof, and people like that still find ways to be retarded about it and not exhibit an inkling of common sense.

Last edited by Miracle; 10-22-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

There is plenty of good tech knowledge on this forum.
I'd like to see these HUNDREDS of threads on this forum that
makes you wonder what you are saying.

I have seen threads on every single forum that makes me wonder what people are thinking though... I can tell you that. It's because this is the internet.
I know what you are saying in that I have heard stories etc. that make me wonder what in the WORLD?
But I do not apply that to the whole forum.
There is plenty of good and useful info on this forum and plenty of people that are very knowledgeable.

As far as you saying "they get mad" and this and that applying it to this forum it really makes no sense.
Especially when the people in the thread you are in have never done such a thing and talking as if you are
talking to some people who might have done that somwhere else is pointless.
If somoene on this forum got mad at you or something why not take it up with them instead of talking about it
a completely different thread where no one even knows who you are talking about?

And yes don't get me wrong like I said before I did laugh hard when he told me this story.
But I was not going to laugh AT HIM for a story he told me someone else did. Especially when he knows absolutely nothing about cars, never claimed to... and was just taking it to have a clutch replaced.

He told me the story... I laughed at it and did not think it was possible at all..
but I did not point and laugh at him just because he is not knowledgeable about cars.
He never claimed to be.

I can laugh at his story but laughing AT HIM and expecting everyone to know
about cars is just stupid.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 10-22-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

I'm sorry man, but this really does take the EPIC fail thread of the decade. I mean really... FLYWHEEL BACKWARDS!!! I've had a few to drink tonight and still can comprehend enough to know it's not possible to mount anything to a flywheel if it happens to be backwards.... Not even in the realm of possible. And to ask "for some other guy" sort of screws yourself for ridicule.

About the hundreds of other threads linked from Mustangforums... there really are. You may not be aware of them, but I promise you in all sincerity that they exist.

So you ask; "why are you still here then..." Well over the course of 5 years I have met some good guys over here so I like to come over every now and then and say "HI"

So... "HI!"
Old 10-23-2010, 08:30 AM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

It's true. There are people in the forums world who have so little self respect they can only feel good about themselves by finding someone to put down. They will search out questionable posts for the sole purpose of feeling better about themselves. Every time I see it I'm thankful I don't have to do that. For me life is alot better when I'm not being a dick.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Like I said before... I did laugh when I heard the story but simply because I did not think it was possible. But there is a huge difference in laughing and thinking "Woah I don't think that's possible!"
and laughing AT a person for such a thing. It would have been flat out wrong to do so.

And even though I myself have never put a flywheel on a car, I did not think it was possible to put one on backwards. But again.. if someone has never done such a job then how would one know if it was physically possible or not?

Should I have pointed at the guy and said "HAHA YOU HAVE NEVER PUT A FLYWHEEL ON? YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE.... YOU MUST BE STUPID."

No. No one should do that. It is wrong period.
Not only that but when you do something like that you are inviting others to do the same to you
one day.

And I agree with Bruce. Life seems to be much better when acting kind instead of acting like
a dick. Even though we all act like dicks in our lives sometimes.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 10-23-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:03 AM
gorockies

Originally Posted by Miracle
It's only a good forum, because it's all you know. When it comes to actual tech knowledge and common freakin sense, there are hundreds of threads of people asking some of the dumbest ****, that every time I see it, I wanna punch myself in the face just so I don't have to read the ****... and it leaves me wondering how someone could be so dense.

"
And I don't see how asking about a wild event that some guy told you he had would make a forum a "laughing stock".
Besides, there's nothing wrong with a good laugh on forums every once in a while."

It's not the laughing stock part really.... but just the plain outright stupidity and retarded questions. I tend to gravitate toward THE places to go for invaluable tech knowledge... people that have built their Mustangs up from stock vehicles to running in the 8's at the strip, and outrunning Z06's at the road course.

The funny/no common sense horse**** that comes out of this and a number of other Mustang forums is disturbing at best. I'm tellin ya dude.... holy freakin crap (edited, since you apparently can say **** or **** here). How can you be THAT retarded?

Can you install pistons backwards? How about an oil pump? Transmission? Crankshaft? Oil drain plug? Cigarette lighter? Shift ****? Radio antenna with a cool little Jack in the Box head on the end?

Think about the stupid **** you're asking. If someone asks YOU that, and you don't smack the **** out of him, or at least laugh at him... you are just as dense as he is.

There are just so many things about cars that are idiot proof, and people like that still find ways to be retarded about it and not exhibit an inkling of common sense.
You're such a tool! You bolt a fricken blower on your car, and all of the sudden you know everything there is to know about hot rodding huh little boy? You're credibility is bogus because you're a liar, and should be banned from any and all mustang forums! Posting pics of someone elses ride and claiming it as yours is about as lame as it gets. Then creating a big fuss over a damn exhaust leak on another forum, and flaming people trying to help you pretty much throw's what you "think" you know, out the window. Trust me, you don't need to come down on ANYONE for what the do, or don't know about cars...hell, i've forgotten more about cars than you'll ever know! LOL.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:59 AM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

There are people who know nothing about cars, and have not had the luxery of someone teaching them like a father or friends. They might be young just starting out getting their first car. So when they ask a question that they do not know the answer to, they should get flamed? So they should get flamed and are considered stupid and get laughed at because they do not know, and the answer is obvious to the other 99% of people reading the post? This is how we all learn things. There is no stupid question. Isn't this why forums exist so we can all learn off one another? It amazes me how many people on here are so quick to put down other people. BRUCE H said it well. And you get the same type of questions posted on all forums, not just this one. And you get the same a**holes too. Because they usually belong to more than one.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:09 AM
dragline
2nd Gear Member

in the immortal words of one r. king, esq...
Old 02-13-2011, 10:34 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Grinding beyond belief.....crunch....and that's if the starter flywheel would engage.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:11 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gorockies
You're such a tool! You bolt a fricken blower on your car, and all of the sudden you know everything there is to know about hot rodding huh little boy? You're credibility is bogus because you're a liar, and should be banned from any and all mustang forums! Posting pics of someone elses ride and claiming it as yours is about as lame as it gets. Then creating a big fuss over a damn exhaust leak on another forum, and flaming people trying to help you pretty much throw's what you "think" you know, out the window. Trust me, you don't need to come down on ANYONE for what the do, or don't know about cars...hell, i've forgotten more about cars than you'll ever know! LOL.
Do give the guy a break. He realizes he is paranoid, even to the point of being wrongfully paranoid. Hell, check out his nickname under his user handle name.

Besides, He already had figured out the answer last year, in October, when he last posted. That is why he didn't ask any more on this issue from over tree months ago.

Quick Reply: Symptoms of a flywheel installed backwards?