Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Sell the 06 GT and buy Shelby or Charge my car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 06:34 AM
jchambers
1st Gear Member

Default Sell the 06 GT and buy Shelby or Charge my car?

I am at a crossroads where I am torn between adding an On3Performance turbo or a Paxton HO kit, vs selling my car and looking for a Shelby. I can get the turbo in a couple months vs waiting until around next December to buy a Shelby. I think many of you have seen pictures of my car. I copied the links from another forum as I cant get to photobucket and I apologize if they all arent of the car the way it is now. I cant see them so someone please let me know and I will remove what isnt the newest pics. It is an 06 GT black/black coupe. Completely blacked out with black saleen 7-spokes (replicas), tinted tails, gt500 wing, CDC classic front lip, black billet grills, black badges, tint, and black ceramic coated MAC mufflers. Also has 10" matte black stripes. I love the way the car looks but I have wanted an 03-04 Cobra since they came out and now my passion has moved to the Shelby. My car finally looks the way I want it and only has 43000 miles on it. I only owe around 12k. Should I keep it and charge it or should I sell and save a bit more to look for a Shelby? If I get the Shelby I would like a daily driver but will not have the money to get the Shelby and a daily at the same time. Quite the dilema.........lol. Thanks people!

James

How do I make these direct links instead of urls? I know if you can get to photobucket you can just copy the direct link but I cant get there, sorry.

Last edited by jchambers; 11-19-2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Tried adding pics
Old 11-19-2010, 11:46 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

if you can swing the GT500 money, I'd get that in a heart beat.. always wanted one of those

Paxton ain't bad either, and if you that route you can always go forged but you'll be hard pressed to get the same amount of power to match an upgraded GT500..
Old 11-19-2010, 06:42 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Your car is amazing......supercharge that beast.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:23 PM
RAT281
2nd Gear Member

Supercharge your 4.6. It will be all the power you can handle on the street anyway
Old 11-19-2010, 10:45 PM
5POINTOH
2nd Gear Member

You mention that you really like the way your car looks now....and I am sure it has taken some time and money to get it to where it is at.

If this is the case, just supercharge it. It makes more sense from a practical and financial point of view. Your car looks quite different from a GT500 right now with the exterior mods you have done and because of that it is more unique. It will also cost you a lot less to buy a supercharger as opposed to making up the price difference between your car and a GT500. Also keep in mind what you have spent in terms of upgrades. If you were to sell, you will only get a small fraction back of what you invested in upgrades.

Just supercharge her!!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:09 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

+1 Supercharger!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:40 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

gt500 ftwwww
Old 11-20-2010, 12:46 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

supercharge, unless you have $ to throw away and you won't miss it.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:00 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Originally Posted by jchambers
How do I make these direct links instead of urls? I know if you can get to photobucket you can just copy the direct link but I cant get there, sorry.

I fixed your tags from URL to IMG. The above pic reminds me of this shot we took of Bacon -

Old 11-20-2010, 04:12 PM
jchambers
1st Gear Member

808muscle, Thanks for the compliment!!

28hopup, thanks fr fixing the links. I am in Africa for the next month and cant get to photobucket on this network.

So, any opinions on going with the On3 Performance turbo over the Paxton. We have the money, just dont want to spend so much at one time, lol. Also I had an HP turbo on my 93gt and loved it. I havent had a chance to ride in a centri S197. Actually only chance I have ever had was one lx 5.0 that was ragged all to hell so I dont have any idea how it would feel. I dont plan on racing the car, I just miss the feeling of the turbo on short sprints here and there. Not looking at a twin screw because of price and traction issues with my 20"s and 4:10's. Thanks everyone for the assistance. I have searched my butt off everyday on these and other forums as well as google before someone says that. Im just undecided. Anyone around Charleston with a Centri? Love to get a ride if so. Thanks again.
James

Last edited by jchambers; 11-20-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Sell the 06 GT and buy Shelby or Charge my car?