Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Are you guys using CC plates?

Old 11-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
i found the ebach pro kit with sways and shock/struts for 820 ... would the adjustable spec d be a better choice? This is my DD no track no wild driving. Just want a smooth ride overall.
As far as shocks go, you can choose for yourself. The tokicos adjustability is pretty neat. You wouldn't think you could notice a difference between full hard or full soft but you can. So what you want to do. I go to the track alot so I always adjust the settings when going to the strip. If I go on a trip, down a long straight freeway, I generally make the ride pretty soft. Twisty roads, I firm the whole car up. So it's whatever you would like to do.

You should be able to find Tokicos for $550 and springs for less than $200. An entire system like Eibach sells maybe a good choice too.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:33 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
so - springs, shocks/struts, adj. panhard, camber bolts, possible bumpsteer kit (don't need it)..

.lca's.....what about the upper adjustable? One or both. I currently have done my upper link but it does need to be done. You can always lower the car and have your pinion angle checked on your drive line.

If you plan on drag racing and driving your car on the street more than anything, I would:

get the relocate brackets HAVE THEM WELDED IN!!.

UCA and LCA.

3 Link is what they call the suspecsion style we have. One upper control arm, two lower control arms with a pan hard bar.

4 link is like the previous mustangs, 2 uppers and 2 lowers.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/UP...60-R/?rtype=10 seem to be a good buy.....may bottom out some they sit so low... my neighbor who is my brother is a welder that should work out. Will get upper adjustable then.. thanks again
Old 11-21-2010, 12:41 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

As far as shocks go, you can choose for yourself. The tokicos adjustability is pretty neat. You wouldn't think you could notice a difference between full hard or full soft but you can. So what you want to do. I go to the track alot so I always adjust the settings when going to the strip. If I go on a trip, down a long straight freeway, I generally make the ride pretty soft. Twisty roads, I firm the whole car up. So it's whatever you would like to do.

You should be able to find Tokicos for $550 and springs for less than $200. An entire system like Eibach sells maybe a good choice too.
This car is my DD never seen a track nor did my last one which i drove for five years. I may want to consider the adj. just because everything i have read about them is good. BUT... the eibach kit includes the front and rear sways for the same price. Not sure how important they really are. Thanks for your input
Old 11-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/UP...60-R/?rtype=10 seem to be a good buy.....may bottom out some they sit so low... my neighbor who is my brother is a welder that should work out. Will get upper adjustable then.. thanks again
I don't have any personal experience with that product, but I do like the zirk fittings on the LCAs.

There is no way to bottom out the relocate bracket unless you lose a tire.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

This car is my DD never seen a track nor did my last one which i drove for five years. I may want to consider the adj. just because everything i have read about them is good. BUT... the eibach kit includes the front and rear sways for the same price. Not sure how important they really are. Thanks for your input
I guess I would want to know the difference between the the OEM and Eibachs. Maybe someone did a test and a review somehwere that wasn't getting paid by Eibach.

I have the stock front and rear sway bar. I may replace the rear eventually with something geared towards drag racing, but not for a while.

I don't think I stiffer swy would adversly effect your ride quality and could most likely only help.

FWIW, the stiffness of the front bar does have some input on how much the front of your travels. So a stiffer bar may make it firmer in front, but I don't know. Just uguessing.

Whatever you do, get quality stuff, designed to work together.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:59 PM
5POINTOH
2nd Gear Member

I just lowered my car about 1.5 inches this past summer with the FRPP spring kit.

If your car is a DD, I would suggest buying the camber bolts along with the springs to start off with. That would be the minimum along with a wheel alignment after it is lowered.

I bought an adjustable panhard bar as well, but ended up not needing it.....which was a bit odd as most people who lower about 1.5 inch have used it. For guys who only lower 1 inch, it generally is not needed and I ended up selling mine afterwards.

You do not really need any of the other fancy stuff unless you are pushing your car regularly or going to track it. The only other thing you might buy is the GT500 strut mounts if you are putting alot of miles on your car. I bought the as well, but in hindsight probably didnt need them as I barely drive my car.....only on sunny days during the summer.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:47 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

I don't have any personal experience with that product, but I do like the zirk fittings on the LCAs.

There is no way to bottom out the relocate bracket unless you lose a tire.
Or have no air pressure....
Old 11-22-2010, 08:37 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
Or have no air pressure....
lol sorry what i was referring to was gravel... i live 2000 feet off the road down dirt rut driveway

Last edited by 99gtstang; 11-22-2010 at 08:42 PM.