Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

M90 Shakedown Runs

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 11:13 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I hear ya guys but jdm is confident that it is fine. My mechanic friend whom installed with me told me the same thing.

Not sure if I will go with the smaller pulley. Don't we have to do other upgrades too, like gt500 fuel pump etc..? Changing out to a PI torque converter should net great results without pushing the limits of the motor. IDK, plenty of time to decide. Heck I'll prolly do it all in the end. Lol

I did notice a small spot of red like fluid under the car. About a teaspoons amount at most. Can't see where it's coming from without jacking it up. Will do that on thanksgiving. I did change the trans fluid 6 weeks ago, maybe it's leaking there...? Does our auto trans have some sort of purge valve if there is too much fluid in there?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:45 PM
jobeonnet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
I hear ya guys but jdm is confident that it is fine. My mechanic friend whom installed with me told me the same thing.

Not sure if I will go with the smaller pulley. Don't we have to do other upgrades too, like gt500 fuel pump etc..? Changing out to a PI torque converter should net great results without pushing the limits of the motor. IDK, plenty of time to decide. Heck I'll prolly do it all in the end. Lol

I did notice a small spot of red like fluid under the car. About a teaspoons amount at most. Can't see where it's coming from without jacking it up. Will do that on thanksgiving. I did change the trans fluid 6 weeks ago, maybe it's leaking there...? Does our auto trans have some sort of purge valve if there is too much fluid in there?
Im sure Jim knows what hes doing.

I e-mailed Justin about fuel pump but i haven't heard from him in a long time, still waiting on revisions.

should be a vent on the trany, these things are a bitch to get the fluid right especially without a lift. i had a lot of leaking problems that the stealership fought with, they built my trany 5 times ended up being a broken torque.

my mod list is prolly on hold for a bit, rolled my truck today and it landed on my boat.. gotta see how that turns out. i walked away so no big deal.

now i gotta put a hitch on the stang.. i new i needed a blower for something.lol
Old 11-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Good deal Simon, thanks for the input. Both our DA's are awful compared to what those east coast boys get.
Lately the DA has been negative, but it's too cold to race now.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I talked with jdm today and he said mid 12's for the a/f is ok but not any higher. I will keep my eye on it. I also plan to datalog and have jdm go over the info. No more racing till Jan as our track closes for two months.
That's no bueno.

I would not be happy.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

You could just get a BAP for fuel needs.

ANd probably on the tranny fluid. Crawl underneath and look at least. Wipe it off and then check a day or so later to see what you find.

A convertor will get you some serious ET. As it stands now, you will hit a mid 11 with a good track, better burnout and launch with the convertor.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:09 AM
jobeonnet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
You could just get a BAP for fuel needs.

ANd probably on the tranny fluid. Crawl underneath and look at least. Wipe it off and then check a day or so later to see what you find.

A convertor will get you some serious ET. As it stands now, you will hit a mid 11 with a good track, better burnout and launch with the convertor.
Do you have any recommendations on stall for race and drivability?

I use to have a vette and i was s**t on the street but i believe it was 4500rpm.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
That's no bueno.

I would not be happy.
Yeah I agree, its up to you and your comfort level though 808. To me, running that lean of an AFR is trying to pump every last ounce of power out, at the expense of any safety margin. It may be "ok", but put in some "bad gas" or get her real hot, and I'd be wondering. Hope it stays good for ya though man!
Old 11-23-2010, 02:03 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I appreciate every bodies input here. I will talk with jdm again about it. How does a BAP help me? I know it pumps fuel but that's it. Where does it install?

What converter should I be looking at? Jdm told me the tci one was a single disc and not good for a blower.

I will defiantly crawl underneath and check out the leak, just too busy till turkey day.

Kirk, how did you roll your truck onto your boat? Hope you have full coverage.

Am gonna cut out the hf cats and replace with resonators or glass packs. Do I need blower capable ones or are they all workable?
Old 11-23-2010, 03:12 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

The Precision industries one is supposed to be one of the best.

A one piece light weight drive shaft will also help out tremendously off the line.

re:jobeonnet

wtf?! Glad you're okay.. holy smokes.. must look worse than it actually was...
Old 11-23-2010, 07:19 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

808:
I was told by John at BBR that you will need a Boost a Pump if you go with the 2.57 pulley kit having also our type cams and headers. They even recommended the BAP with the standard pulley and my mods. I'm not gonna take any chances on going lean. At 230 bucks it's cheap insurance. It's an easy install. Taco Bill in his sticky has a step by step on it. It's easy.

I just wonder from your video when your car laid flat in fourth gear if you were running out of fuel? Thats another thing I like about the AeroForce gauges is that not only can you monitor fuel pressure but it will monitor fuel pump duty cycle as well.

I know your situation is tough with no dyno on the island so good data logging is your best option. For me I just need a good safe tune so I can drive 3 hours to Memphis to Dynospeed to get mine fine tuned on the dyno. I think I just might go with BBR on the intake, tune, BAP and pulley kit. I'm just real curious to see if there will be a difference in your JDM and the BBR tune. No biggie for me since I will put it on the dyno anyway.

Quick Reply: M90 Shakedown Runs