Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My ass is cold. Comfort package installable?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 10:03 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Cold sink! LOL! That sucks, resting your butt on what basically is a block of ice.

Sorry, Nerd alert:
Actually, calling the leather a heat sink is more appropriate in this case too.
What it does is it draws the heat straight out of your *** and into the leather, which is a heat-void from the frigid temps.
Heat travels from the warm place to the cold place because cold is just an absence of heat. Likewise, when it is a hot summer day, and your mom yess at you for leaving the door open and letting the cold go out, that is not a correct statement either, she should have said "close the door, you are letting the hot into the house!"
STFU with your jibberjabber
Old 12-02-2010, 10:05 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Dude my physics teacher was just ranting about this stuff the other day, lol. You don't happen to be named Mr. Fuchs do you jim? lol :P

but yes, cold is just the absence of heat. pretty mind blowing shi*.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:31 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
hahaha, :P

I am so glad texas is hot, rather be hot than cold. Infact I enjoy the heat but thats me.
Yeah, I hate the cold too. After the age of 7 you kinda get over the "oohh pretty white snow!!" thing and realize its the worst weather to ever have to go about your daily business in. But being from the middle east, I guess I am more of a hot weather person too lol.
OP, there are a few (common sense really) tools/tricks I use, like a remote starter to get it heating before I leave the warm house, and also if I have to leave immediately, I keep the car on interior air circulation only, it helps a little in the beginning when the cars an ice box.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT Premi
You need some upholstery work. Sorry.
Noooooo! Kinda figured as much...may look into it, but I'd hate to have some incompetent butcher my interior. Maybe some of those sweet white fluffy autozone seat covers....the ones that leave lint on everything.

Originally Posted by baddog671
California = Cold ?????
It's in the teens in the morning, so a bit nipply in the high desert. Love the weather in this type of area, but some months are a bit on the high/low side. I almost switched out the shifter **** a few months ago, was too damn hot to touch.

...Sorry, Nerd alert:....What it does is it draws the heat straight out of your *** and into the leather....
Engineer alert: Add to that the office work related problem of surface area as related to heat transfer...
Old 12-06-2010, 03:17 AM
jaguarking11
2nd Gear Member

I have the e-bay heated seat kits in my car. They work great. If you know your way around electronics and use some common sense its a piece of cake. Less than 200 bux for the package and about 3 hours to install. If you don't know your way around a circuit though find someone that does. I have had mine for over a two winters. No problems.

The other solution is a heated pad that plugs into a cigarete lighter. Pretty cheap stuff actualy and you can get one that also massages your nutz...LOL
Old 12-06-2010, 05:52 AM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Looking to do this in my sisters vert before doing my car. Got a link to the Ebay vendor you used? There's so many kits out there I can't make up my mind but need to get it ordered soon in time for Christmas.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:37 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

The OEM heated seats work off a relay pack under the drivers side dash.
Your stang does not have this.
You will need these plus the wiring harnesses.
Nor does it have the switches
The heated seats buttons will be needed as well
as the reprogramming of the SJB for it to all be OEM..
Old 12-06-2010, 12:03 PM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Meester_Vapor
May have gotten spoiled by the heated leather seats in my last ride Frozen *** sucks.
I installed an Ebay heated seat kit in my Wife's 06 Mustang a couple of years ago and it worked better than the factory heated seats in her 10 Mustang.

It was the 1st time I've taken seat covers off (leather) and only took about 2hrs to install.

I installed the 2 position switiches in the center dash besel and they looked factory.

The biggest plus for me was the padding from the heaters make the seats feel better.

My son has one of these kits that he might be willing to sell. He was going to put it in his 2000 SS but now he's looking at getting a new SS.

Here's a cheesy video (not mine) but shows the basic install & what the switch looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M16cfhfP6Tg

Last edited by heslekrants; 12-06-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:12 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I once was a dumbass and I put a tranny that required an additional radiator to keep it cool; the stock radiator was insufficient at doing it.
Well, during the winter, because my tranny was burning up, my car ate up cooling fluid like crazy. One of the problems of course was my car heater quit working because there was no cooling fluid!!!!

My GF at the time froze her *** off, so she used to take along a heater blanket and plug that into the cig lighter.

Boy, howdy did I learn a hard lesson, everything else went downhill from there. After the heater quit working, the tranny quit going into reverse! Pushing my car out of parking spaces was really embarrassing. Then, my car got locked into 1st gear and would never upshift. The tranny was forever toast form there.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:27 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

I once was a dumbass and I put a tranny that required an additional radiator to keep it cool; the stock radiator was insufficient at doing it.
Well, during the winter, because my tranny was burning up, my car ate up cooling fluid like crazy. One of the problems of course was my car heater quit working because there was no cooling fluid!!!!

My GF at the time froze her *** off, so she used to take along a heater blanket and plug that into the cig lighter.

Boy, howdy did I learn a hard lesson, everything else went downhill from there. After the heater quit working, the tranny quit going into reverse! Pushing my car out of parking spaces was really embarrassing. Then, my car got locked into 1st gear and would never upshift. The tranny was forever toast form there.
This makes no sense at all.
You had no heater because there was no cooling fluid?
Do you mean anti-freeze?
That has nothing to do with an additional tranny cooler...
Burning up tranny causes loss of cooling fluid?

Quick Reply: My ass is cold. Comfort package installable?