Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My ass is cold. Comfort package installable?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 02:20 AM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

Default My *** is cold. Comfort package installable?

May have gotten spoiled by the heated leather seats in my last ride (just about the only thing that did work on that piece of Jeep...).

This Mustang leather is a cold sink....gets right through your jeans in half a second.

Should have gotten the comfort package, and now I want to install it.

Anyone know whether the seats are already wired and just need to be hooked up to a control module, or would the comfort package install require some upholstery work?

Frozen *** sucks.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:12 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

You need some upholstery work. Sorry.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:36 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

The GT premium comes with standard with heated drivers seat. Only the passenger seat has optional comfort package.

Right?
Old 12-02-2010, 06:17 PM
KXRM
1st Gear Member

nope, both seats are part of the option. A premium alone has no heated seat.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:43 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

↑ what he said.a premium without the comfort package does not have any heated seats, but does have the electronically adjustable seat on driver side only.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:13 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

California = Cold ?????
Old 12-02-2010, 08:17 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

northern california can be cold, yes. here in san antonio texas heated seats are more annoying than anything else because I found my butt randomly getting extra toasty while riding in my dad's F250. It never/rarely gets cold here, so heated seats did not even run across my mind on my car. Don't want them don't need them.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:32 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
northern california can be cold, yes. here in san antonio texas heated seats are more annoying than anything else because I found my butt randomly getting extra toasty while riding in my dad's F250. It never/rarely gets cold here, so heated seats did not even run across my mind on my car. Don't want them don't need them.
I bet you find those horizontal lines on the back window annoying as well And the red marks on the climate control?

The other morning when I was climbing into my 20 degree car, my shirt came up alittle and my bare back touched the leather seat. I about smacked my head on the roof from the jolt
Old 12-02-2010, 08:38 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

hahaha, :P

I am so glad texas is hot, rather be hot than cold. Infact I enjoy the heat but thats me.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:07 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Meester_Vapor
This Mustang leather is a cold sink....gets right through your jeans in half a second.
Cold sink! LOL! That sucks, resting your butt on what basically is a block of ice.

Sorry, Nerd alert:
Actually, calling the leather a heat sink is more appropriate in this case too.
What it does is it draws the heat straight out of your *** and into the leather, which is a heat-void from the frigid temps.
Heat travels from the warm place to the cold place because cold is just an absence of heat. Likewise, when it is a hot summer day, and your mom yess at you for leaving the door open and letting the cold go out, that is not a correct statement either, she should have said "close the door, you are letting the hot into the house!"

Quick Reply: My ass is cold. Comfort package installable?