Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Navigation Question for 2011 Mustang Shelby

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 12:59 PM
ewizard2

Default Navigation Question for 2011 Mustang Shelby

Hello All,

I am new to the forum so forgive me if this has already been discussed. I have a 2011 Mustang Shelby and I have the shaker 1000 without the navigation. I should have purchased the car with the navigation but for some reason I didn't (stupid me). Now I want a navigation or a HD radio with the screen. I went to Ford and they stated you can't upgrade to the factory Navigation. I visited a couple of after market places and all of them want to use a harness that puts the screen at the bottom of the console which obviously the stick shift would interfer with parts of the screen.

Anyone have any idea's?
Old 12-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF! ....Lets just see some pics of the Shelby! ...GL with the Navigation set-up
Old 12-04-2010, 05:19 PM
ewizard2

Here is one photo.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:41 PM
PARISTATTOOS

ok i have a question and i need help. i have a 2001 v6 3.8 mustang and my rear end just went out. What am i to do? just buy the gears and wat kind. Or the whole back axle. and i think i have 3.53 but i wnt 3.73. what would help.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:12 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

really? thread jack for the win?
Old 12-04-2010, 07:04 PM
rmurad38
1st Gear Member

Looks like if you want to go aftermarket the dash kits available do put the screen somewhat lower, not the best ergonomics for the screen.

http://www.metraonline.com/products.aspx?s=99-5823CH

However, the bigger issue would be if you go with an aftermarket Nav head unit, you will not be able to use the shaker 1000. Yes better can certainly be had aftermarket but you will have to change out everything to do it right. I have the Nav myself, but only with the shaker 500 (v6 convertible) and while its certainly not the best, its not bad.. I can only imagine how much better the 1000 is. Seems like losing the 100 would be a bit of a waste (unless you could sell off the parts) Might just be better to get a higher end Garmin unit or similar.

One thing you could try, would be to go with a single din aftermarket deck with a flip up screen. I'm personally not a fan of that look, but at least the screen would sit above the shifter.

rmurad38
Old 12-04-2010, 08:52 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the board!

Originally Posted by ewizard2

Here is one photo.
Uh photo no worky
Old 12-05-2010, 12:53 PM
ewizard2

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Welcome to the board!

Uh photo no worky
Yes I tried to post a photo and it didn't work. When I click on the icon it is looking for a URL so I posted the URL from facebook since I don't have my own site. I am not sure how to post a photo without having it posted on a web site first.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:00 PM
ewizard2

Hey Rmurad38,

Thanks for the posting your comments. I saw that after market dash kit but I'm not that is going to work since I have a manual transmission. I would think the gear shift would block the viewing of half the screen. Any other ideas?

I did some searching and found this image posted to another forum. It is a dash kit from Scosche which seems to be a better fit because the controls are below the screen but when I went to their web site I couldn't find the dask kit. On monday I will following with them (scoche's) to see if they really have this dask kit or if it is coming out soon.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:06 PM
ewizard2

Originally Posted by ewizard2
Hey Rmurad38,

Thanks for the posting your comments. I saw that after market dash kit but I'm don't think that is going to work since I have a manual transmission. I would think the gear shift would block the viewing of half the screen because if you are 5'11" or taller you are going to lean the seat back which will make you look at the screen at a lower angle. Any other ideas?

I did some searching and found this image posted to another forum. It is a dash kit from Scosche which seems to be a better fit because the controls are below the screen but when I went to their web site I couldn't find the dask kit. On monday I will following with them (scoche's) to see if they really have this dask kit or if it is coming out soon.

I also noticed that you could replace your rear view mirror with a navigation. I am still chewing on that one. It would probably work for a rear camera but not sure about the navigation or DVD player.

Quick Reply: Navigation Question for 2011 Mustang Shelby