Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New to forum. supercharger questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 12:56 PM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

The other reasons why I ordered the M90 besides horsepower for dollar was the chrome bling. I plan on showing my car some next year and that chrome blower on top just looks sweet. The Saleen and Edelbrock kits hide the blower. Then on the Saleen you got the whole goofy backwards alternator thing goin on. If money wasn't an object I'd buy a Whipple HO in a heartbeat. Just too much money having no plans to ever go forged.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Yeah the backward alternator thing was one of a handful if items in the Saleen manual that made me not want to install that kit myself...
Old 12-09-2010, 11:09 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Hey Mudflap and stealth this article was posted on another topic here at the forums by another member but thought i would post in this as it was interesting to read. talks about roots and twin which are the same but different as u probably already know but this article breaks it down

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ge...romcatalog.pdf
Old 12-09-2010, 11:25 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Provided the new bracket comes with the alternator, installing it backwards is really really simple on the Saleen set up. Takes about 2-3 mins to have it off or on once you loosen the belt.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Hey Mudflap and stealth this article was posted on another topic here at the forums by another member but thought i would post in this as it was interesting to read. talks about roots and twin which are the same but different as u probably already know but this article breaks it down

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ge...romcatalog.pdf
Interesting link, albeit designed to sell Kenne Bell blowers. It does talk about intercooling and touches on a thought I've often had... the roots style blowers do run substantially hotter. I've wondered a few times how much difference there would be between the Whipple non-intercooled twin screw, and the M90 intercooled roots blowers in terms of raw IATs. They both produce similar power...
Old 12-10-2010, 12:47 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Salee...Q5fAccessories

Fuuuugggggggggggggg!!!