Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Modifying my baby

Old 06-30-2017, 06:18 PM
DanStang78

Default Modifying my baby

Hi all, so I haven't done any modifications to my 2014 Mustang for nearly 2 years now and the only thing I've done really is new rims... I THINK ITS TIME TO UPGRADE MY BABY!

Money is not an issue, but I don't think I want to supercharge her just yet. Possibly next year unless I stick with my original plan and keep saving up to get my dream corvette, then I probably won't end up supercharging her idk.

Mods I am currently looking to add:
1. CAI (Ive heard Roush and C&L are really good)
2. Borla Stinger Catback Exhaust System (Heard Atak screams instead of roars)
3. BBK Long Tube Headers
4. BBK Throttle Body
5. Gears (I don't know much about gears or how they work but I have heard of other mustang owners doing theirs, any details and knowledge is greatly appreciated)

Thanks everybody for the help!
Old 06-30-2017, 07:45 PM
DanStang78

Anything else I could add to increase performance/horsepower/torque?
Old 06-30-2017, 08:29 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Since the mods you listed are performance related and money is no object, go FI and be done with it. You will always be looking for more power until you do. What is this corvette thing you speak of???
Old 07-01-2017, 07:29 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Stang is on track. WE all have that idea especially if your financial situation is good. I started the same way. CAI, tuner, gears, cams, IT kept me good for awhile but then I wanted more. Im not sure if you are installing those items yourself but if your not. Your looking at a few grand for that. Probably 1800 to 2000 for parts id say another 1000 to have installed. This is just off the top of my head here. If you supercharge it you are already half way there with purchasing a supercharger. And if you are really considering corvette then pass on any upgrades and purchase that.

You may want to reconsider an BBK TB in the past they were problematic although I'm unsure if thats been fixed
Old 07-01-2017, 01:46 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

I have Kenne Bell 2.8 LC at 10lbs. 3.90 motive gears. It's a beast for sure. I just put 285/35/19' continental extremes (255's on front) on the rear to try and put most of that power to the road but it is challenging. Wants to light up tires through 3rd most times. 4th if tires are cold. Im likely at the safe limit for the stock coyote internals, but I do have 1000 hp dreams.
​​​​​
Old 07-01-2017, 03:23 PM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DanStang78
Hi all, so I haven't done any modifications to my 2014 Mustang for nearly 2 years now and the only thing I've done really is new rims... I THINK ITS TIME TO UPGRADE MY BABY!

Money is not an issue, but I don't think I want to supercharge her just yet. Possibly next year unless I stick with my original plan and keep saving up to get my dream corvette, then I probably won't end up supercharging her idk.
You could end up spending a small fortune adding performance mods and then kick yourself for not saving that money towards buying the car that you really want. Unless you're planning on long term ownership of your '14 GT, don't spend any money on mods.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Coosawjack
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino
You could end up spending a small fortune adding performance mods and then kick yourself for not saving that money towards buying the car that you really want. Unless you're planning on long term ownership of your '14 GT, don't spend any money on mods.
^^^ Solid advice right here!! ^^^

Search this Thread