Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The saga continues....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 08:54 AM
AKElroy
1st Gear Member

Again not much of a Saga.

Just a weird short story that ended well for you.
Next time you post saga... make sure you have a SAGA.
As usual, there is more to the story. When the issue became known, the dealer started searching for a car to match what I ordered. Everytime they found one, they would call me & let me know it was on the way. This happend 3 times, with each car more heavily optioned than the last; options that I would be getting for free because of the mixup. Each time, the car was gone when they attempted to reserve it. Finally, the third car was still available, and it was optioned a little lower than the original wrong car I had been driving for two weeks.

I was a little disappointed that they made no attempt to discount over this, but they woudn't budge. The orignal car came with a few options I did not pay for, so the way they see it, I got exactly the right car for the agreed price as the one I finally got is exactly specked as ordered.

Anyway, I am pleased with the strength of the new car. It is clearly quicker w/ the 3.73's, the motor lacks the valve-train tick of the original car, and the shifter feels a little better to boot.

Brenspeed Stage1 is on the way, so hopefully I will have all mods complete in the next week or so. Picks to follow-----
Old 12-30-2010, 11:50 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Good luck
Old 12-30-2010, 12:31 PM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

Something kinda similar happened when we bought my wife her Focus last year. Nothing was actually wrong with the car we "purchased" it had everything we wanted, however, way off in the corner of the dealers lot was another Focus IDENTICAL to the one we received and they ended up mixing up the paperwork and gave us the MSO (title) to that one. So for over a year we were driving a car that we didn't "purchase". All was fine up until she needed to renew her plates a few months ago. DMV said we didn't pay sales tax on the car when we registered it right after purchase, we did, and had a receipt showing that. Got that sorted out eventually.

Then the DMV contacted us asking us to send them the title since our we had sold the car. Problem is, we DIDN'T sell the car, and it was still in our possession. They were swearing up and down that it had been sold and someone else was attempting to register it. Well, that was the OTHER car, the dealer didn't bother looking for whatever happened to the MSO for that car, they just got a new one for it.

That's when the mystery started to unravel. Some lady at the DMV contacted us again about the title issues. I'm like "look, it's our car, it's in front of our house right now, we didn't sell it!" So then she asked me to check the vin number on the car, it wasn't the same as what they had on file, it also didn't match our title.

Had to go back to the Ford dealer, where they found the MSO for the car we actually received, and they were like "We were wondering what the hell happened to this car!"

Idiots, all of them.