Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SCT X3 Owners. Need Some Help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 07:56 PM
everett
2nd Gear Member

Ohhhhhhh. I get it you just want to back this one up and not flash a new one. Sorry I can't help ya on that one
Old 01-01-2011, 08:39 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

You can do what's called a stock "dump" file. This is where you use SCT's "Device Updater" software and click "Get Stock File". This will create a stock copy of your file on the computer.

NOW - with that being said, this stock copy is worthless. In the case that you lost your programmer or whatever the case may be, they wouldn't even use this to flash your car back to stock anyway. So it doesn't really matter.

Us, or SCT would do a recovery based off of your VIN # and factory box code (or if it's been updated, the updated one). We wouldn't need the backup, and saving a backup is pointless because we have the ability to recover the car without it.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Cusp
2nd Gear Member

Thank you for your input Chris. BTW, I really like your all out tune. But if I were to offer feed back based on my own tastes, I would like the throttle response a bit more mellow. Very curious to find out what the result of the meeting of the minds was over at AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
You can do what's called a stock "dump" file. This is where you use SCT's "Device Updater" software and click "Get Stock File". This will create a stock copy of your file on the computer.

NOW - with that being said, this stock copy is worthless. In the case that you lost your programmer or whatever the case may be, they wouldn't even use this to flash your car back to stock anyway. So it doesn't really matter.

Us, or SCT would do a recovery based off of your VIN # and factory box code (or if it's been updated, the updated one). We wouldn't need the backup, and saving a backup is pointless because we have the ability to recover the car without it.
I'm glad Chris answered that. After your new tune, have the tune file not only loaded onto the tuner and therefore your car, but have the shop put it on a thumb drive and/or email to you. Don't worry about what you have now. Just leave it alone.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:36 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Call your tuner and have them send your files to your email and then u can put them on your desktop