Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Guy, 2007 GT/CS, Need opinion!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 07:52 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Spencer Sieler
Thanks for the info guys! and I can tell you right now he will not be down for the tune... lol do any of you guys have and video clips of your exhaust you would be willing to share on here?
My exhaust is loud. My wife can here my stomping on it 2 miles away over TV Although I live in the woods and the road is parallel with my house.

O/R X Pipe + Boomtubes = way to loud
Old 01-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Spencer Sieler

very cool guys, and yea I believe that were just going to go with some axle back stuff and thats it, he is pretty content with the car the way it is, and we both really like the pypes pype bomb ones.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:51 PM
5POINTOH
2nd Gear Member

Exhaust sound is such a personal choice. As another member mentioned try navigating through this forum for some clips. American Muscle also has some clips on their website as wells as there is plenty on YouTube.

If he is looking for the deep throaty sound, the setup I have may be the combo he might want to consider. JBA headers, Pypes off road H and the newer Flowmaster American Thunder classic axlebacks. It sounds deep and is quite reminiscent of the old 5.0 fox body sound. Sorry I do not have any clips, but you can you tube like I did.

If you want a real loud exhaust you can do headers, the off road H and get those SLP loudmouths. Those SLP's are the loudest mufflers I have ever heard on these cars. So loud I just found them to be too abnoxious sounding and driving around with those would surely give me a headache.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Stangaddict
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
Only driving 1500 miles a year makes me think he would want the loudest exhaust possible. I'd get an OR-H pipe and some SLP Loud Mouths.
this will definatley be loud!!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:17 PM
josephspann
1st Gear Member

I have some vids on facebook if you'd like to PM ill show you. My setup is as stated in my sig... longtubes offroad x and bassani axle backs. personally i really like their sound but I've had a little scuffle with the company itself. Something inside my muffler was knocked loose somehow??? I'm not sure what happened but im assuming its nothing i did... they are just on the car and have been since i bought it but they will not warranty them. a mustang just down the street has borla lt's catted x and borla stingers and it is hands down the BEST mustang i have ever heard and theres quite a few around town. I'm going to purchase borla stingers to replace my bassani's when i get the cash but i would either go with borla or magnaflow magnapacks. those seem to have the cleanest sounds because they are made with QUALITY and there is no exception for a higher quality sound. all the others (mac, slp, flowmaster, etc.) have the 409 stainless steel which is just not near as clean of sound as the 304. i would not recommend the 409 at all as it gives it a "hollow" type of sound rather than clean muscle. also if you have a catless x or h pipe the type of steel you use really makes a difference. catted pipes arent really loud enough to highlight the cheap sound of 409 until you take them off. regardless of which you choose i would HIGHLY recommend going with a brand that uses true 304 stainless steel. you will not regret it
Old 02-11-2011, 11:10 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

You gotta convince him to get a cai/tune combo. Its makes such a difference. Brenspeed or American Muscle to purchase.

Check your local craigslist for some good used deals for the mufflers. You would be surprised at how much we change our exhaust setups! LOL