Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ford service dept...fail!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 07:41 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by mulestang
I used to see your car every day at work.
Heath
Ut oh... can you say STALKER
Old 01-17-2011, 07:56 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Ut oh... can you say STALKER
Ha...as big as the internet is...it's still a pretty small world.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:44 PM
mulestang

We bought a 95 V-6 new from MDF. Took it back there for it's first service when the oil change was due. Asked them to rotate and balance the tires while they were at it. When it was "ready", I gave it a quick walkaround before I left, just to make sure the tires had been rotated. They hadn't been. (I always put a barely noticeable mark on the front tires just for this reason. Do for any place...not just MDF). Service writer grumbled, made some BS excuse, and said he's send it back in and make sure it was done right, insisting the whole time that they had been rotated. An hour later, service rep says it's ready. During the walkaround, I notice now the nice aluminum running pony valve stem covers I had on each wheel were gone. In their place were nice, shiny new grey plastic ones. You can guess where this is going. The tire tech insists they were never on there, and how dare I accuse him of taking them. I've learned my lesson by now, and take the keys and my medicine and just want to get the hell out of this place. Less than a mile down the road, I notice the car is bouncing like hell all over the road. If I run over an acorn, it feels like a 12" pothole!! I pull over, and take a look at the tires...everything seems cool. On a whim, I check the air pressure, and there is 55 psi of air in each tire!!!!! WTF? Didn't waste my breath calling them back. I'll never go there again. But, that is just my experience. Your mileage may vary
Old 01-20-2011, 11:46 AM
topbliss
2nd Gear Member

they over torqued the lugs warping the rotor and then re torqued them when you brought it back to the correct specs now eliminating the issue. Simple. Its happens all the time when they use an impact wrench to install wheels which should not be done
Old 01-22-2011, 08:48 PM
slidai
1st Gear Member

Couple of things. 1, did you have front, or rear replaced? 2, do you have a manual or auto? I have 90k miles on my 06 GT manual and my front pads are still over 50%. I did replace my rear about 10k miles ago.

You said when you stop, the steering wheel shakes so that's the front rotors. What happens when you pull the e brake up just a little? Does that also cause some pulsation?

I work at Honda and every brake job we do, includes turning the rotors unless the customer states they just want pads. Just looking at a rotors will not make it obvious that the rotors are warped. Unless they are just crazy bad. You're right though, if he took i for a test drive, they should have noticed and told you.