Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FRPP parts, good combo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 09:06 PM
usmcmp90
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
I already stated what I recommend.
well i'm having trouble finding heads, any references?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 PM
ReaperStang06GT

Livernois Motorsports has a good set as does FRPP. I have not heard anything negative about the FRPP heads and they don't seem to be much more or less than other sites.

Overall, my opinion to you for pure N/A is:
Ported heads
Kooks custom headers
N/A custom grind cams from Brenspeed or maybe FRPP Hot rod cams
Keep the JLT CAI, but get an SCT tune from Brenspeed
4.10 gears for the acceleration factor
Charge Motion Deletes
Hurst Short Throw shifter cause that just speaks muscle
It also wouldn't hurt to get some new lower control arms, and other various suspension components, a stiffer suspension will definitely help to maximize the power to the ground. See my signature to get an idea of my suspension mods.

Yes, I am an advocate of Brenspeed. BTW, anything you buy from them after you get the SCT tuner, they will send you out another tune for free via email or mailing your handheld in.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:18 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

How good or how much of a difference do the Charge Motion Deletes make....1st time I heard of these? Why would we install these.....I just read about the Steeda deletes in there advertisement and it didn't state much?
Old 02-12-2011, 08:04 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Charge motion deletes might be good for top end power but I suspect it is not much gain
Also, deleting the charge motion blades in the ports might hurt low end performance because they cause the air to swirl to better promote a more homogeneous fuel air distribution in the fresh charge entering the cylinder. But I jut do not know how small or big the sacrifice would be
Old 02-13-2011, 12:27 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I like the Delete plates and it's a fun mod. I have 4.10s so it's hard to tell if I lost any hp down low. It's nothing breath taking like the CAI or gears, but it tops off the combo if you have them already.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:40 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I exchanged an email with Chandler at Brenspeed about a year ago, asking about the C&L intake(FRPP hadnt released yet) with Ported Heads,together with BBK fuel rails(Chandler was unsure if these would fit) and NSR cams you'd probably be around the 350rwhp range with basic n/a mods. Chandler also recommended CNC Ford Racing or Livernoise Heads however they will be very expensive for only 20-30hp gain. Brenspeed now sells both the C&L and FRPP intake as well as the FRPP TB however you'd have to ask them which they recommend, I know they do quite a bit of testing on the parts they sell. True a TB wont do a whole lot NA but the FRPP TB uses OE gears and is the only TB I would consider, aftermarket TB's have a long history of issue's. I will be going with either Kooks or Pypes LT's with catted h eventually, I have shorties but should have done LT's in the the 1st place.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:49 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

For any of that stuff, are there flow bench data on them?
For example, when comparing TBs, if you are only getting 1 or two more CFMs, then the cost would not be worth it because the resulting output at the wheels (Torque & HP) would be minimal.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:46 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

I would suggest an aluminum drive shaft too. That takes 20lbs+ off the stock drive shaft. Helps more power get to the wheels by getting rid of some of the parasitic loss. I have the dynotech from brenspeed and I really like it. It was super easy to install and rated for quite a bit of power, so if you go FI later you will be fine.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:11 PM
usmcmp90
1st Gear Member

i like the driveshaft idea, and i wish i could do LT's but whether i'm here in NC or back in PA i wouldn't be able to pass emissions so i'm kinda stuck with shorties : / and i been looking into heads a lot and it seems kind of complicated. for now as far as my N/A setup is gonna go is driveshaft, 4.10's, shorties, xpipe, hotrod cams and i'll have to save the plenum, heads, and TB for later on
Old 02-13-2011, 01:24 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Do you have a manual trans or any auto?

While you're waiting, you can always get gears (4.10s or 3.73s), an aluminum drive-shaft and lower control arms. Possibly some Boom tubes just for sound. If you have an auto, you could always get a higher stall TC and be a monster off the line. It'll cost you a pretty penny though if you're not doing the work.

You won't be making nearly as much power if you were full bolt on NA, but it'll give you more of a well rounded idea of where to start from and where to go. With all that top end mods your talking about, you'll more than likely loose a bit of your low end, especially if you're thinking about heads. All that high strung power and all...

edit:sorry, did not see your above post until the last page lol

Last edited by stealth_GT; 02-13-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Quick Reply: FRPP parts, good combo?