Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharger install and tune!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 10:42 PM
bigmike06gt
1st Gear Member

Default Supercharger install and tune!

So I have pretty much decided on a Saleen SC, now the question is, where is the best shop to get it installed and tuned? I plan on getting everything done down in the states as it is way cheaper than up here in Canada and I will be using it as a bit of a holiday as well so location isn't really a big concern. I hear alot of good about Brenspeed and their prices seem to be good as well but are there any others that are highly recommended?? Thanks for any help!
Old 03-11-2011, 01:18 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Brenspeed is top rate and even have a house for you to stay in while they do your install. JDM is another saleen dealer. I would call both of them.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:02 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Brenspeed hands down. Best customer service out there. And when it comes to Saleens those are their specialty. Doubt you'll find anyone with more Saleen experience than Brenspeed. Every experience I've had with them from buying parts to tunes has been excellent.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

+1 for Brenspeed. If I had gone with a Saleen, I would have gotten it from Brenspeed. Have you thought about installing it yourself? It really isn't all that difficult.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:50 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I had mine installed by brenspeed. They did a good job and had it done in a reasonable amount of time. Less than a full day. IM going back to get the A/F gauge installed this coming wednesday. Then Im going to order some DR's and head to the track. I would definetly reccomend brenspeed. You wont be disappointed.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:40 PM
5POINTOH
2nd Gear Member

I have heard nothing but great things about Brenspeed. JDM is suppose to be quite good as well. I believe tuning Saleen chargers is one of their specialties as well.

I am looking at getting a Saleen charger too! I am planning to get a Super Shaker.

I am in Canada too and with our dollar being so strong, getting it south of the border is a no brainer. However, I am planning on doing the install myself as everyone on the forum says it is not too bad.....just gotta take your time and be patient as there are a lot of steps. I believe places like JDM or Brenspeed can do an email tune on these chargers.

If you plan on buying now, you will be paying a pretty penny as this is the up season for vendors and there are really no sales.....at most 100 bucks off. Apparently, if you can wait until Black Friday or Christmas.......there are some really good deals.

I plan on waiting for a good sale before I buy mine....though if a good deal came along today, I definitely would consider it. Maybe we can buy ours together or see if anyone else on here is looking for one so we can get a group buy of some sort?

PM me if you are interested.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:03 PM
bigmike06gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5POINTOH
I have heard nothing but great things about Brenspeed. JDM is suppose to be quite good as well. I believe tuning Saleen chargers is one of their specialties as well.

I am looking at getting a Saleen charger too! I am planning to get a Super Shaker.

I am in Canada too and with our dollar being so strong, getting it south of the border is a no brainer. However, I am planning on doing the install myself as everyone on the forum says it is not too bad.....just gotta take your time and be patient as there are a lot of steps. I believe places like JDM or Brenspeed can do an email tune on these chargers.

If you plan on buying now, you will be paying a pretty penny as this is the up season for vendors and there are really no sales.....at most 100 bucks off. Apparently, if you can wait until Black Friday or Christmas.......there are some really good deals.

I plan on waiting for a good sale before I buy mine....though if a good deal came along today, I definitely would consider it. Maybe we can buy ours together or see if anyone else on here is looking for one so we can get a group buy of some sort?

PM me if you are interested.
I am heading there in May to get mine done so probably won't get any good deals but who knows!! I am still kinda hashing over the Supershaker as it looks wicked but I think I will be getting the stage 2 Saleen kit installed which is rated at 500+HP. Hoping to get enough saved that I can get a set of tires and wheels, a ram air hood and some nice hood pins while I am down south as well.

Last edited by bigmike06gt; 03-13-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:06 AM
5POINTOH
2nd Gear Member

When you get it all done, let me know what your experience was like with Brenspeed.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:07 PM
nitrobob

Had a Paxton installed there last month. They definately do a great job. They do love there Saleens and probably the best in N.A.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:02 PM
DougFL
1st Gear Member

Question - why are you going with a Saleen S/C? Not that it is a bad choice. I mean, it is Saleen. But you may want to take a look at Kenne Bell as well:

http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/S...g4.6(5-10).htm

They seem to have a superior product and I have heard of guys with Saleens swapping the Saleen S/C with KB for its superiority. Just a thought. Not sure how big the price differences are - KB is probably slightly higher priced.

IRT Brenspeed I have not dealt with them personally but have heard nothing but great things about them.

Quick Reply: Supercharger install and tune!