Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How much would this be worth?

Old 03-11-2011, 07:53 PM
poov69

Default How much would this be worth?

Just wondering how much some of you might estimate the following Mustang to be worth. I don't have pictures to provide but hopefully my description will suffice. Thanks for participating. here it goes:

2008 Mustang GT California Special, 12,500 miles and is black.
One owner ( i know the guy ).
FRPP lowering springs (no further suspension mods)
Hurst Comp Plus shifter
Eleanor hood ( painted )
Cervini Window scoops ( painted )
Cervini ducktail ( painted )
4:10 Ford gears ( installed at dealer )
Steeda CAI with carbon fiber neck and speed shop tuned
Kooks LT's and X-pipe with cats ( dealer installed )
Pypes axlebacks and overaxle piping
Boss 336 20x9 and 20x10 wheels with spinners. Wrapped in Toyo 1R rubber staggered 255 and 285 setup

Car looks awesome and adult owned. Clean history. Thanks for the help. I have my opinion, just want yours.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Stockstangs
1st Gear Member

Sounds like a beautiful car. Really depends on how bad you want it, and how attached he is to it!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:18 AM
discofan
2nd Gear Member

I would look up the car's value on the Kelly Blue Book website: www. kbb.com...

Then add in any mods that the car has and determine the overall paint and car quality...

Lastly, determine how much you are willing to pay for this car and how badly the seller is willing to sell it...

All these variables will help determine the value of the car and the selling price...

Dave
Old 03-12-2011, 09:44 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the board!

As far as the value, I am guessing around $20K-$23K ish?

I am basing my guess on KBB site, in Scenectady NY

http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/05-09-...r2300-m90.html

Or you can estimate the value of the car with Edmunds:
http://www.edmunds.com/used-cars/?mk...tid=ga42851983
Old 03-12-2011, 11:08 AM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Go on websites such as Autotrader and Ebay, price out the most expensive with the same year and the least expensive with the same year. Add both numbers and divide by two to get the average, this will give you the average price and a good indication of what they go for. Make sure to tell your friend that a vehicle is worth what a buyer is willing to pay and not what the owner thinks its worth. Those are two complety different concepts.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:07 PM
poov69

With all advice above considered, (these are all the tools used in my opinion thus far) I am looking for a number of value that you men, or women, would give to this senerio without considering either seller or buyers desperation for a vehicle. I know you have to devalue the mods from their original retail and I agree with JIM5.0 about the cars value itself without the mods. I came up with $25,000, mods included. Labor, paint, time of investment also assessed. Is this too much?
Old 03-12-2011, 03:21 PM
poov69

I should also mention that tugging at this experiment is whether one should purchase a new 2011 5.0 6spd for quoted $30,600 out the door versus the 2008 CS/GT mentioned at $25,000 plus tax. This would be a base model GT. They will add leather for about $1000 extra. I believe a new base GT could be purchased way under this but I'm not sure. Thanks for your time and opinions!
Old 03-12-2011, 03:54 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

In my honest humble opinion, I would not spend more than 20 thousand taxes in for the car you mentioned. The primary reason is that your bumper to bumper warranty will be expired this year, and in two years, your power train warranty will go out the window. Not to mention, any mechanical issues you might have as a result of vehicle age and resale value will go down the drain. If he/she won’t sell you the car 20 taxes in, then I would just buy a brand new 2011 5.0 Mustang and spend the 20 g’s for a down payment. It’s a better off deal and you will be able to retrieve your money should you want to sell it a few years from now

PS; Modifications are not worth dollar to dollar value. I mean just because someone spends 10 thousand on modifications, does not make a car worth 10 thousand more market value. And I know for sure that should you wreck the car god forbid, insurance wont and don’t care about what you spend on mods.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:12 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I would probably roughly consider $18-20k and 20k being on the high end. You're not looking at a SC on it. Mostly cosmetic and some performance. Again as mentioned, you won't be paying him as much as he put into the car. It makes it even tougher when it's a friend you're haggling with. With an unknown person, you could low ball and work the game.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:55 PM
poov69

Guys I'm not sure where you're buying your cars but on the east coast, you'd be hard pressed to find a clean, garaged 2005 or 2006 for much less than $17,000 with that kind of miles on it and that would be a bone stock GT. I'm estimating that he most likely has close to $7000 in aftermarket parts including labor, having the appearance parts painted, etc.. Maybe even higher. Most all sellers I've checked in to are asking $21,000 and up for a 2008 GT/CS with the same miles or higher than the '08 mentioned has. Thanks again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much would this be worth?