Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Salesman Ugh!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 07:35 AM
Couger

I am not sure how some dealers stay in business. My local dealer is bad. When shopping for my new car they told me back in December the 2011s sold for sticker. I drove 1 hour away and got one for much less than sticker.

Since then I tried to buy axel backs from them but they were no help. I ordered touchup paint which they guy said would be there in 2 days - I went back there in 3 days and he did not have it. He said he would call when it arrived in a few days and its been 9 days later with no call. I may have to do all my business with the dealer an hour away.

Anyone been happy with a dealer in the Charlotte NC area for service?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:29 AM
PSUSkier
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Couger
I am not sure how some dealers stay in business. My local dealer is bad. When shopping for my new car they told me back in December the 2011s sold for sticker. I drove 1 hour away and got one for much less than sticker.

Since then I tried to buy axel backs from them but they were no help. I ordered touchup paint which they guy said would be there in 2 days - I went back there in 3 days and he did not have it. He said he would call when it arrived in a few days and its been 9 days later with no call. I may have to do all my business with the dealer an hour away.

Anyone been happy with a dealer in the Charlotte NC area for service?
Just curious where you've been going? I've been taking my car to Keith Hawthorne for the many recurring transmission issues and it finally took the very legitimate threat to sue before they were willing to fix things up. I've also taken it to John Young Ford once earlier and they were instantly on me for my Hurst shifter but after some arguing they eventually fixed it. Haven't tried Hillbish though...
Old 03-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Couger

Originally Posted by PSUSkier
Just curious where you've been going? I've been taking my car to Keith Hawthorne for the many recurring transmission issues and it finally took the very legitimate threat to sue before they were willing to fix things up. I've also taken it to John Young Ford once earlier and they were instantly on me for my Hurst shifter but after some arguing they eventually fixed it. Haven't tried Hillbish though...
Huntersville Ford. I looked KH and Young when shopping but ended up buying from Clinton Family Ford in Rock Hill SC. Its just too seems too far to go for service. It sounds however that most of the Ford Dealers in Charlotte are not very good. Let me know how Hillbish works out.

I still have not heard back from Huntersville Ford on my touch-up paint and its been almost 2 weeks since I ordered it, when they originally said they could have it overnight. I drove there to be told they did not have it and would call later in the week when they got it. That was a week and a half ago.