Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:56 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

2009 GT Glass Roof Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:32 PM
dkerns

Default Glass Roof Shade

Originally Posted by mapitts
Yes they had a shade. It is a manual roll type of deal at the rear of the window. Look at the rear of the glass, and you should see a lip. Pull on that and you shade should roll forward towards the front. If you see a lip, pull on it and othing happens, then the roller attachment chords are screwed up. Hope this helps you. By the way, I had a '09 with the glass roof and mine was broken when I picked it up.
I notice you mentioned you had a messed up glass roof shade.

On the drive home after purchasing a new 2011 mustang with a glass roof I slide the shade back an out fell the roller chord on one side. The dealership is telling me they have to pull the glass roof to repair it.

Did they have to do that with yours to make repairs.

Thanks,
Old 08-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Borowicz

Thumbs up

It sounds like the original poster stated that the roof was an aftermarket addition to the car. However, on a similar note, my 2010 had a problem with the shade (probably from folks trying it out while on the lot. Anyway, I noticed it right away (before I even left the dealer) and they replaced it. I don't know what they had to do to replace it, but it works just as advertised. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but after about nine months, I haven't regretted getting it. I'm not an engineer, but I think it actually adds structural integrity to the car.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Borowicz

Default 2010 Glass Roof

I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but after about nine months, I haven't regretted getting it. I really like the way it opens up the interior. The shade as was mentioned, does a great job on sunny day. I'm sure your daughter will absolutely love to be able to look out the roof!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:55 PM
dkerns

Originally Posted by Borowicz
It sounds like the original poster stated that the roof was an aftermarket addition to the car. However, on a similar note, my 2010 had a problem with the shade (probably from folks trying it out while on the lot. Anyway, I noticed it right away (before I even left the dealer) and they replaced it. I don't know what they had to do to replace it, but it works just as advertised. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but after about nine months, I haven't regretted getting it. I'm not an engineer, but I think it actually adds structural integrity to the car.
The service writer at the dealership I purchase the car from told me the following on how they would repair the broken cord for the sun shade on my new car ( comedy relief to follow).

"Mr. Kerns I have performed some research on how to repair you glass roof sun shade. We first will have to remove your headliner. Then call in a glass company to remove your glass roof. While they are here we will have them also pull the windshield just in case. This service will take up to five days to perform." This to just diagnose what is wrong as they have never even looked at anything, just say you got a string hanging out of the track.

I am in shock! All I can say well I have the extended warranty so that should cover the loaner..... and with that I am informed I can only have a loaner for 3 days if I need something longer talk to the person who sold you the car. I am think OMG. ok schedule the work..... We can get you in on, say August 3rd (why am I getting the destinct feeling they do not want to service my car?). So after getting my jaw off the table I notified Ford customer service to report them for jerking me around. Did some research on line (finding this thread). Made an apointment with another dealership.

Ford customer service was great and followed up with me. They contacted the dealership I made me appointment at to make sure things went well. The replaced the shade assembly by pulling the head liner out. No dirt or finger prints on the pieces the pulled out so I am happy with the resolution.