Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:04 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

Supercharging my 09 GT - Supercharged 4.6's STEP IN

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

If you want instant off-the-line acceleration from low RPMs, you want a twin screw.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
If you want instant off-the-line acceleration from low RPMs, you want a twin screw.
My TVS is pretty good at that, don't discount the roots
Old 04-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mikes_BLK_GT
My TVS is pretty good at that, don't discount the roots
The TVS is a rare breed among roots. Definitely a good product... but I still prefer my twin screw.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Wayno

Default Twin Screw

I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned Kenne Bell. Almost every install of this blower in MM&FF and 5.0 mag articles I have read puts out the most HP without screwing with tuning. They have already done all the research It is already tuned to give the most HP and reliability. No tuning. Comes with the tune. Just bolt it in! I have the 2.6L Kenne Bell twin screw with the intercooler and with only a cat back am putting down 431.8 rwhp and 450lbft. All HP and TQ is in the power band where you drive it on the street.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Wayno
I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned Kenne Bell. Almost every install of this blower in MM&FF and 5.0 mag articles I have read puts out the most HP without screwing with tuning. They have already done all the research It is already tuned to give the most HP and reliability. No tuning. Comes with the tune. Just bolt it in! I have the 2.6L Kenne Bell twin screw with the intercooler and with only a cat back am putting down 431.8 rwhp and 450lbft. All HP and TQ is in the power band where you drive it on the street.
Without screwing with tuning? All major supercharger brands come with a tune. For the record, I put down 460+rwhp with the tune that came with my whipple and that was with 10psi. If you want to make more (with any supercharger), you have to "screw with the tuning". Kenne Bell is an awesome system (hell, most superchargers are), but your knowledge of other superchargers seems basic and limited at best. It's also highly debatable that Kenne Bell provides the "most HP and reliability". Pretty much all of the centri, roots and twin screw setups have proven reliability. Everyone wants to believe that their brand is the best, but there are plenty of good choices when it comes to supercharging.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:27 AM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

Pretty much all of the centri, roots and twin screw setups have proven reliability. Everyone wants to believe that their brand is the best, but there are plenty of good choices when it comes to supercharging.
yep yep yep
Old 04-15-2011, 09:19 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

ROTFLMAO!
THIS HAS TO BE THE FUNNY THING I HAVE EVER READ!
"However, best hp for the buck lands in centrifugal territory." Quoted from SCCAGT.

Based on what?? I non-intercooled setup?? A 100 shot of NOS will do the samething. We all know no cooler means no power, yes it may make some OK numbers on the dyno but in the real world or at the track that setup is extremely limited with no intercooler as are ALL SC'S, and torque numbers will be very disappointing. Your making 487rwhp at 10psi I noticed there are no torque numbers in your sig, what are they like 390rwtq??? Not trying to knock a Procharger but Damn at least be honest.

Get a twin screw. KB, Whipple, Saleen.... They are by far the best and most reliable setup to go with. Most kits come complete, ready to bolt on.

With any SC heat is the killer, whether it be a centi or a twin screw. If you want to make power you have to keep it cool! That is the bottom line.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:47 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

I don't know about you but I got exactly what I want. I'm making 421whp with an M90 at 6 psi, you really cant beat that for 5k.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:35 PM
PSUSkier
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sactown
ROTFLMAO!
"However, best hp for the buck lands in centrifugal territory." Quoted from SCCAGT.

Based on what?? I non-intercooled setup?? A 100 shot of NOS will do the samething. We all know no cooler means no power, yes it may make some OK numbers on the dyno but in the real world or at the track that setup is extremely limited with no intercooler as are ALL SC'S, and torque numbers will be very disappointing. Your making 487rwhp at 10psi I noticed there are no torque numbers in your sig, what are they like 390rwtq??? Not trying to knock a Procharger but Damn at least be honest.

Get a twin screw. KB, Whipple, Saleen.... They are by far the best and most reliable setup to go with. Most kits come complete, ready to bolt on.

With any SC heat is the killer, whether it be a centi or a twin screw. If you want to make power you have to keep it cool! That is the bottom line.
Wow, now THAT is the prime example of a ignorant post. Yes, the ICless version of the centris are dirt cheap, but even the H.O. kits are cheaper than any twin screw or roots supercharger (RoushCharger not included - but that operates at a lower boost than the comparable centri H.O. kits). What is the cheapest twin screw system with comparable boost? 6k+. The centris come in at just north of 5k. Also you think the centris only make 390 tq? My Paxton was just dynoed at just over 440rwtq with 508 rwhp on the Brenspeed tune. Also the new TVS and Edelbrock blowers perform very comparably to the twin screws.

And reliability? Do you have any data to back that up? I've seen cases of blowers of every type grenade a motor. Completeness? They all come with everything you need. And best certainly is a very subjective to the application of the user.

The reality is if you want off the line boost the twin screws and TVS screws are great for that. They make great power at (literally) the flick of a switch. I've driven them, they're fun as hell, but so is any boost generating device. The centris are a bit smoother in the way they build power and they put out higher HP than the rotor-style blowers which is why I went that way. Is mine any better than any other? Hell no, it just fit my desired application better than the others. Perhaps you should educate yourself a bit more before you start spraying ignorant drivel across the net.

Last edited by PSUSkier; 04-15-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sactown
ROTFLMAO!
If you go strictly by peak HP per $$ spent, he's right. Not everyone has the same goals though, and the power curves between centris, roots and screws differ dramatically.

Quick Reply: Supercharging my 09 GT - Supercharged 4.6's STEP IN