Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

m90 vs 06 c6 video

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 01:40 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Hey 808, when you say launch off idle.. do you just nail it right as the big GO light comes on?

Sounds crazy enough to work lol

I have been power braking so long, it's been a tough habit to break.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:15 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

When I am racing in the sportsman class I dont rev the motor at all. Just have my right foot touching the pedal ready to go. Left foot is holding the brake. As the amber lights count down 1, 2, 3 I floor it. That gives me my best RT. With the drive by wire I have worked out a solution that works for me. I hammer it on the third amber. With a pro tree in the 12.90 bracket, where all three ambers come on at once, I stack the rpms. With the stock convertor it doesnt take much, maybe 1500 at most. As soon as the yellows flash I hammer it. So far this gives me my best RT. The pro tree is difficult for me as this is the first race season I have raced with it.

I have read where its not a good for the convertor to leave off of idle. IDK if thats true or not. If it breaks, I'll replace it.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:06 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

The way you're launching sounds a lot better than the way I have been. it not only bogs horribly, but there is nearly a 2 second delay from stop to go. This is when the rpm tach is just kinda like "duhhh.. now what", before it finally engages the transmission and takes off.

I hold the brakes down HARD, keep the revs steady at about 1200 rpm then left off the brakes and floor it.. still.. nada. I understand the centri's nature and all but it still doesn't explain that dead spot off of idle when I let off the brakes and floor it. Once the power kicks in though, it really takes off.. and this sucker hooks!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:16 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

If your bogging off the line I would suggest more psi in the tires. Teens and low 20 psi and I was bogging too. 28-30 no bog and better 60fts. If your centri literally takes that long to move through the beams then go earlier. Finding the sweet spot takes practice.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:43 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I really have to try that higher PSI off the line. I may have to up it even more because I am running 17x9's and not the 17x8's like you are. The torque of the 4.6, along with the 4.10s should be enough to propel it off the line for some decent launches..

Friggin' raining like a bastardo today, so it was a no go.. next friday test and tune (no track prep at all!) and Sunday is the best bet.

I have a lot less supporting mods than you do, but I have firm faith in the centri.. manual cars have ran high 11's and solid 12's with just the blower and slicks, but running 93 octane and a dyno tune...
Old 07-24-2011, 07:41 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
255's.....oh no thats not gonna do. My KDW 285's go up in smoke on the street long before full throttle. With your power, no way dude. The absolute safest smartest thing I have ever bought was the MT ET streets for the track. Even before the blower I was all over the track. I never knew if first and second gear would hook, drift, or spin me out. I got tired of losing bracket races so I ordered them up.
Looking forward to your numbers Mike. Good luck.

Funny story. On my fourth run of the nite I was so focused on getting my datalogs done....I had the sct plugged in, with the cable running over my legs into my pc which was on the passenger seat. It was dark out, I'm focusing on my second gear burnout, OD off, TC off, put in drive, get a good RT, beat the POS next to me (LOL)....well I come around for my slip and one of the starters runs over and asks me if I have been wearing my helmet at all tonight? Oh sh#T what a fubar. I forgot to put it on. LOL I thought they were gonna kick me out. I wont make that mistake again.
Is data logging hard to do or is it easy. Can u only data log at the track and only data log at wot. I have often thought about it but I have no idea what u do to do it. How many runs do u make to get a good reading.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:41 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

WOT throttle datalogging for me is only gonna happen at the track. Most of the roads here are 45 mph and I'm not gonna take it to 100 mph on those roads. Dont want to surrender my car and go to jail. LOL
At the track its safer. Except for all the cables running around the car it was simple. I recorded 5 or 6 runs. Sent one of them to JDM

I have datalogged in the garage too. All you need is to download the sct software, connect everything up and follow the prompts. I have a thead or two on how I did it. I did have some communication issues but eventually solved them. I never did manage to figure out the a/f conversion and datalogg that but JDM was able to check my tune with the other pids.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:24 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

How much do they charger for fine tuning via data logging?

I just found out there is a tuner shop that does data logging tunes rather than a dyno tune. They have a solid rep as well.. thinking about trying them out to really make the V3 shine

They have tuned plenty of low-mid 11 second cars up here...
Old 07-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

The place I'm taking my car charges 250(half the cost of a dyno tune). I'm gonna go with a dyno tune just to get the numbers.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:34 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

nice run, 808. can't wait to get a track on this island.

Quick Reply: m90 vs 06 c6 video