Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

m90 vs 06 c6 video

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 06:47 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Default m90 vs 06 c6 video

This was not a fair race. My buddy owns the c6, its totally stock and he has never raced it before. He was having all kinds of launching issues and just could not get traction. Our track also was just repaved so we were launching off of new concrete, no rubber on the track very little track prep. All classes of cars from street to the really fast 8 second guys were spinning off the line.

I think my car sounds pretty dang good but wait till the end of the video and that is a 10 second foxbody..........now that is loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLspCJPdhOg

c6 best time was 13.51@106
my best time 12.47@111

Temp 75`/80` humidity 80%, 0 winds(not usual for us) DA was 1364. At 9 pm I was sweating waiting in the staging lanes. This was by far the hottest nite I have ever raced. Most guys times were off several tenths. I was just a little slower than last time. I tried loading up the stock convertor at the line but the 60ft was worse. Best times were leaving off idle. As usual had a great time with my friends. Racing with the blower is awesome. Car screams down the track and is very consistant. Now I just have to slow it down cause I have to run in the 12.90 class the rest of the year.
I also had my sct hooked up to my pc and did datalogging all nite. I got some good info hopefully for JDM to look over. My car is running a little rich. WB gauge was bouncing from low 10s to 11.5 at WOT.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:35 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

nice run
Old 04-17-2011, 07:42 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

I cant wait to see what I put down, there is absolutely nothing other than a women moaning on you that sounds better than a Mustang.......FTW
Old 04-17-2011, 08:13 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
I cant wait to see what I put down, there is absolutely nothing other than a women moaning on you that sounds better than a Mustang.......FTW
Haha....thats awesome!!

Weird thing is, I looked at my autometor boost gauge and it was reading 7 lbs at WOT!! LOL I doubt its accurate since I have all the stock pulleys. It was my Spinal Tap moment........"our amplifiers go to 11"!!
Old 04-17-2011, 10:59 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Haha....thats awesome!!

Weird thing is, I looked at my autometor boost gauge and it was reading 7 lbs at WOT!! LOL I doubt its accurate since I have all the stock pulleys. It was my Spinal Tap moment........"our amplifiers go to 11"!!
It totally went to 11 dude, that is one on the sweetest sounding vids that blue foxbody behind you made some good rumble also.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Nice run, always nice to beat a vette. I'll have mine on the dyno next Saturday with any luck at all see where I'm at. I'm running 255/45's right now so traction will be an issue no matter what when I get to the track lol
Old 04-18-2011, 12:45 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

255's.....oh no thats not gonna do. My KDW 285's go up in smoke on the street long before full throttle. With your power, no way dude. The absolute safest smartest thing I have ever bought was the MT ET streets for the track. Even before the blower I was all over the track. I never knew if first and second gear would hook, drift, or spin me out. I got tired of losing bracket races so I ordered them up.
Looking forward to your numbers Mike. Good luck.

Funny story. On my fourth run of the nite I was so focused on getting my datalogs done....I had the sct plugged in, with the cable running over my legs into my pc which was on the passenger seat. It was dark out, I'm focusing on my second gear burnout, OD off, TC off, put in drive, get a good RT, beat the POS next to me (LOL)....well I come around for my slip and one of the starters runs over and asks me if I have been wearing my helmet at all tonight? Oh sh#T what a fubar. I forgot to put it on. LOL I thought they were gonna kick me out. I wont make that mistake again.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:24 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Was planning to upgrade the back to 284/40's myself for the street anyways. I can already tell the 255's wont work for long, I knew I should have gone that route to begin with. One thing though is I'm only running 373's so traction a little bit less of an issue for me. I gotta get a helmet too, my wife is gonna love that lol.....she hates racing. Based on what JimIII told me when we talked about it I'm expecting around 400whp with my setup, wont stay that low for long though, quite a few people running the TVS and pushing close to 500whp on the stock bottom end with JDM's tune, I hope to be posting videos much like your's this summer
Old 04-18-2011, 12:24 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

To be only running 400 hp are they basically detuning it? The TVS is a wonderful efficient blower. I really like them. You just need self control and keep the HP in the safe range. LOL My GF doesnt like watching me race also.....makes her nervous. She use to come with me to the track, now she doesnt.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I'm running the phase 1 kit with the 105mm(4") pulley. Only other mods that affect the tune would be my tires and gears right now. Roush advertises 475hp/435tq at the crank which would put me around 375-390 at the wheel's. While I do expect more than that with JDM's tune I still wouldn't expect to be too much over the 400whp JimIII and I talked about. Once I get a fuel system upgrade I can up the boost from the 5-6psi I'm most likely at now(I don't have gauges yet) maybe add cams and LT's I should be closer to 475-480 at the wheels. Boost numbers have come from a couple different reputable vendors Roush only advertises the crank power. Keep in mind dyno graphs on the Roush site are engine HP not wheel HP.

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1536

Quick Reply: m90 vs 06 c6 video