Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

how to reach 1000hp?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Up to 450 RWHP is the approximate magic number where you don't need to replace other components to keep from torpedoing your power train. After that, it's forged internals and quite a few other component upgrades and changes. Past the 600 RWHP point, you have a car that doesn't lend itself well to being a DD.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:28 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by AsBaNy
thank u guys for ur opinion and really i thought it easy to reach that number but now especially when i didn't find Moral support to reach that number i think now its difficult but still nothing is impossible !!
anyway i am Happy because i am her with mustang owners

thank u all gentlemen
Well, that's the name of the game and you're welcome...
The purpose of the Forums is to get educated without having to consult professionals that are looking at making a profit.
While you'll get stupid input from eventual idiots members at times, you WILL end up getting unbiased answers from real members that know the shizz.

Last year, I bought a new motorcycle without trying it first (because it's a rare beast and not available in my area) and if it wasn't because of all different Forums about the brand, I'd never got the answers to my questions.
I read the most I could find and made the decision to buy the bike and I don't regret it one bit so far.
I still got a woody about that move.

Good luck Sir.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:38 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
I think you need to rethink what you're thinking. If you want 1000 RWHP, then you have the wrong platform unless you're looking at laying out in the $15k-$25k range. And, as stated earlier, it would no longer be street driveable.
I have done a few motor builds for class, swaps and re-builds but I don't know why but for my own personal car.. if I spent a ton of time and money on it, I feel very paranoid driving it daily lol Like "it's my pride and joy.. don't wreck it!" sort of deal

Honestly, at this point in time.. I just want to bolt something on it, make good power and have fun with it without wanting or having to do all sorts of shiet to it...

Old 04-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

for the quick and dirty:

get an engine like this:
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...t.phtml?p=1885

throw a big turbo on it, get a new transmsission like was mentioned, upgrade fuel system, and then you can wait and see what breaks next(drive shaft, rear-end, control-arms/suspension?) or you can just replace things as they break. some big fat tires will probably help as well..

Last edited by Mishri; 04-24-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:39 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

At 1000 HP sh#t would be breaking all the time. Its unrealistic and completly unwarranted. Driving it on the street would be near impossible.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:34 PM
Louie Peterson

Originally Posted by AsBaNy
hi

When I got my mustang GT 2007 4.6L I decide to make it stronger because i think 300hp its not enough for sport car !!! so while searching in website for upgrading the mustang performance i found one thing can give y mustang +400hp over the stouck 300hp = 700hp i as what is written in website
i think u will say WoWOW

I will tell u how and what is that ....?
Kenne Bell Supercharger Mammoth 2.8
http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/S...g4.6(5-10).htm

and also written theire no need for cams,heads,headers,etc....

my questions for expert people
1- is that really give this much of power?
2- 4.6L engine is capable for +700hp without any modification ?if not ,what it need for?
3- if i add cams ,head and headers what will happen ?

my goal to reach 1000 hp ,any ideas ?

my car is mustang gt 4.6L 2007 manual
i added this list of part
1-BBK long header ceramic
2-BBK Off-Road Shorty X-Pipe .
3-BBK Twin 62mm Throttle Body .
4-Steeda Underdrive Pulleys .
5-Ford Racing 3.73 Gears .
6-Aluminum Driveshaft
7- gear shifter.

Thank u
Hi I am looking to do something similar. I have a 2006 mustang gt. My car is procharged and I make about 500 to the wheel with 15psi. Me personally, I am going to buy a forged stroker kit and hot cams so I can turn up the boost to about 30psi. Then add a methanol injection system. I was wondering how your build is going and if you have any suggestions?
Old 03-26-2018, 09:04 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I think he decided against it. 30PSI should about do it... with turbos, but with the parasitic drag of of a belt driven procharger, you may need another 5PSI, unless you are interested in a crank vs RWHP number. You'll need serious fuel, return system/at least 100LB injectors (more if going e85 or straight ethanol). You will want the heads fully ported to go along with the cams (hi lift). Think about the rest of hte drivetrain if you haven't already (flywheel, clutch, transmission, driveshaft, driveshaft safety loop, rear end and axles). Billet oil gears. If you're going belt driven supercharger, you won't want an underdrive crank pulley but an overdrive crank pulley.
It can happen, it's not cheap though. I joke that the only thing stock in my entire drivetrain is the throughout bearing.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:26 PM
sidsthekid678

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMS-RACING-....c100005.m1851
Id say thats a good start along with a bottle with a 500+hp shot of nos if you wanna do it cheap but thats running a plate direct port and an intake sprayer. you could do it with 90mm twin turbos or larger. your most expensive choice is a edlebrock super charger kit.

https://www.maperformance.com/produc...SABEgI3yPD_BwE

https://www.americanmuscle.com/edelb...sc-0509gt.html
Old 03-27-2018, 01:54 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

I think it's pointless spending a shedload of money to get 1000hp unless your goal is to turn it into a pure race car that you won't be able to sell later on. For the street, even half of that would be more than enough, and you won't need a new engine plus an entire drivetrain to get there.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:49 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino
I think it's pointless spending a shedload of money to get 1000hp unless your goal is to turn it into a pure race car that you won't be able to sell later on....
Oh, it would be able to be sold, but for pennies on the dollar. But for 99.99% of people out there it is truly pointless to spend that kind of money. For most people trading in for a higher HP car that still has a warranty makes much more sense.
I think this thread has a mention of the "chevykiller" car, The shop I use did the twin turbo conversion getting it up to 1200RWHP, they tell me the owner ended up selling it to buy some new toy, the owner was asking $50,000 for it and an enclosed trailer, ended up selling for something like $25K, the last motor installed in it was worth $25K, not to mention everything else, and this was probably 5-7 years ago when just a stock GT of the same year was going for about $20K...
Moral of the story is than mods are NOT an investment.

Quick Reply: how to reach 1000hp?