Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

N20 Breakdown...i want spray

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:32 AM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

Default N20 Breakdown...i want spray

Hey guys i am really thinking about installing N20 on my car. Problem is i dont know much about it. I hear the instal is not too difficult and the amount of power you get for the cost is great. I want to run a safe amount, so i wont have to modify anything....Obviously ill need a tune, but what is a safe amount to run on a stock motor. 75 shot-100 shot? I have heard a 125 shot needs new plugs and a fuel pump atleast. I just want a little bit of extra power. How much of a power gain am i looking at? Where can i mount the bottle? How long does the bottle last...etc. I hear wet is better than dry in my case...

This is the kit i am looking at. Would i need anything else with.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/zex-mu...s-2005-gt.html

Any advice would be great. not trying to ask any dumb questions but i am just curious...

Thanks
Old 04-28-2011, 11:10 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I too thought about this (shortly). I hear the bottle only goes for about 3 pushes of the button. And im guessing its around 45 dollars to fill the bottle up now. So really your cost in the begining will be cheap but over time that 45 will add up. Plus If you get pulled over and the officer notices your bottle is hooked while driving down the road. Its a NO NO. If your only looking to use this at the track then by all means go for it but if you like to play a little then supercharge your car. I have heard people having problems with the module for the spray after awhile
Old 04-28-2011, 11:21 AM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
I too thought about this (shortly). I hear the bottle only goes for about 3 pushes of the button. And im guessing its around 45 dollars to fill the bottle up now. So really your cost in the begining will be cheap but over time that 45 will add up. Plus If you get pulled over and the officer notices your bottle is hooked while driving down the road. Its a NO NO. If your only looking to use this at the track then by all means go for it but if you like to play a little then supercharge your car. I have heard people having problems with the module for the spray after awhile
Hey man i just read your thread about your cost break down with all your mods. You have pretty much have the exact setup i want with the saleen blower and the detroit rockers. My problem is im not supercharging my auto..i want a manual. Looking at 04 cobras vs 04 z06s, but for now i just wanted a little more punch for cheaper. I was planning on using this just for messing around, but you make a good point with gettting pulled over and what not.

Btw did you notice big gains from the detroit rockers or... im just not satisfied for now, but i wont go FI on this car i will wait till my next car to go all out
Old 04-28-2011, 04:00 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Refilling that bottle ain't cheap over time. Why won't you supercharge your car? If you plan on moving onto another one soon don't bother with any mods. Sell it now, then start modding your new car.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:26 PM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

You make a good point, i just dont want an automatic car anymore, and i cant decide between a termiantor or a 04 z06. im leaning towards the cobra. A couple cheap mods and your at close to 500 hp. And i dont plan on road coursing it, pretty much want fast in a straight line lol. I dont want to make any impulse decisions right now so im am thinking the whole thing over a little bit...my car only has 23,000 miles and is in great shape... dont want to get rid of a good thing too fast.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Toms_2003_Stang

Id say keep the GT, is she paid for?
Old 04-29-2011, 01:59 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

If you truly want a manual trans, then dont mod it at all, sell and buy the car you want. My bud has an 04 z06. It runs the same times as me. Great looking car but man are the mods expensive. Its that "Vette Tax".....same as the vipers and my vipertruck. Thats another reason why I love my stang, mods are so much cheaper and plentiful.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:58 AM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

Ya, my stangs paid for, i just want a manual, i am thinking about a tranny swap, but i think that runs about 3k and way to much headache. Ive always wanted a terminator. And i feel ya man, my uncles got an srt-10 truck, the headers are about 2k granted its got 10 cylinders but its expensive...blast to drive though.

btw wats your viper truck run, hes got an intake, resonators delete (pops like crazy i love it)and a tune, i mean it pulls, but i was wondering if your gears give it that extra kick.

I am half tempted to buy that off him when he sells it. lol i love cars
Old 04-29-2011, 05:04 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by football7star21
Hey man i just read your thread about your cost break down with all your mods. You have pretty much have the exact setup i want with the saleen blower and the detroit rockers. My problem is im not supercharging my auto..i want a manual. Looking at 04 cobras vs 04 z06s, but for now i just wanted a little more punch for cheaper. I was planning on using this just for messing around, but you make a good point with gettting pulled over and what not.

Btw did you notice big gains from the detroit rockers or... im just not satisfied for now, but i wont go FI on this car i will wait till my next car to go all out
I noticed a good amount of power after the rockers were installed but its not like its a huge amount of power. If i were to guess maybe around 15 to 20 and with longtubes im sure its better but I wouldnt be able to stand the loud exhaust. The car is major fun to drive and completely mine. Everything is mine. I dont owe a dime. If I were u I would keep it since its paid for and supercharge it.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:03 PM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
I noticed a good amount of power after the rockers were installed but its not like its a huge amount of power. If i were to guess maybe around 15 to 20 and with longtubes im sure its better but I wouldnt be able to stand the loud exhaust. The car is major fun to drive and completely mine. Everything is mine. I dont owe a dime. If I were u I would keep it since its paid for and supercharge it.
Im in the same boat as you everything on the car is mine, and paid for. you have a point about keeping my car because its paid off, i just wish i had gotten a stick when i bought it... But all i know is those rockers sound very good IMO i think one of the best sounding cams on a mustang. My car is quick now i cant imagine if i threw a saleen or an m90 roush on there...good bye rear tires lol.

Quick Reply: N20 Breakdown...i want spray