Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Edelbrock SC owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Knechtion
1st Gear Member

ill try switching the caps but i find it hard to believe that the original cap that came with the supercharger and the new one they sent me after the install are both bad hah. Ya i run the car for couple minutes and open the cap and its foam inside. But....once again i talk to the e-force tech people and they are sending me a new cap lol. Ill tell you what happens after the switch caps and new one being sent
Old 05-05-2011, 07:36 PM
GlassVapor
2nd Gear Member

My thought is if its not the cap and its not over filled, the pump could be sucking both coolant and air on the intake side. The front fascia pan should have evidence of coolant leaking at this point (under pressure car off). I never had your problem but I did have evidence of coolant on the fascia pan. Double clamp the intake side of the pump.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Knechtion
1st Gear Member

theres no evidence of coolant on the front fascia pan, the only leak comes out the top of the resivoir cap, i recieved the 2nd new cap today so im gonna try tomorrow, ill tell ya how it goes. if not im totally stumped and very annoyed
Old 05-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Knechtion
1st Gear Member

the new cap they sent me of course failed but i got them to send me a new pump should be here by wed. im hoping that the pump is the problem
Old 05-11-2011, 08:44 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

With the engine (and the coolant) cold, turn the key on and open the cap. Do you see the coolant swirling? If not, your pump is not circulating coolant.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Knechtion
1st Gear Member

yea we turn the key on with the engine on and engine off and open the cap when its cold. it works fine and then it starts to create a bubble and splashes over the top, then it will go away, then it will come back, and do the process over and over so eventually if the problem wasnt fixed there would be no coolant left. its hard to explain, but they r shipping me a new pump and should recieve it today or tomorrow i hope its the pump.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:13 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I wonder if it is possible that your pump is running backwards - pushing coolant up instead of pulling coolant down.

Have you checked the electrical connections?
Old 05-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Knechtion
1st Gear Member

but i dont think that would explain the foam would it? Let me install the new pump they sent me and ill let you know.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:54 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Update?
Old 06-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Knechtion
1st Gear Member

was on vaca last week but..... I FINALLY got it worked out. They sent me a a new reservoir (the place where you pore the coolant into). i took the old one out of the car and before put the new one in i blew into the old and heard air out come out the top and figured that was the problem. installed the new 1 and no problem. funny how something so little can cause so much problem. finally i can drive the car! just in time for nice weather in ohio.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock SC owners!!!