Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

might trade vette for stang? what can you tell me?

Old 05-09-2011, 08:42 PM
brendan.9

Default might trade vette for stang? what can you tell me?

i am selling my 2002 corvette 60k miles on it fully loaded i just got an offer for a trade on a 06 mustang gt here are the details only way i said i would do it is straight trade. what can you tell me about these cars? i have been more a gm guy than ford for cars. how much power can i run before breaking stuff?
here is the car and what's done to it,2006 mustang gt when the car was new at midtown ford they installed a roush m90 supercharge,basaniti exhaust,Koenig wheels,and a cervantis ram air hood,the car has never been winter driven since new.over this past winter i took the car to a local shop to have installed,jba shorty headers,tci street fighter 3000 stall converter,3:73 rear gear set,auto meter pro light gauges (boost pressure,fuel pressure,water temperature) and the car was lowered & windows tinted.last Friday (may 6th) i installed Mickey Thompson e.t street radials.i also had Shelby stripes painted on the car.all totaled just over 7500 over the last few months.i just put the car on the road about 2 weeks ago so all the up grades have no miles on them.the car it self has just over 20.000 kms on it,a/c cruise,power windows,black leather interior,traction control cd player with a factory stacker and its basically brand new.the car you can drive anywhere in fact i drove it to kanas last summer with my son.its stupid fast it looks amazing and its new and all the work was done professionally by local shops with the best parts.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

That "custom" air intake tube looks a bit ghetto to me; but other than that, looks like a fine specimen. You're gonna get more looks on that mustang than you ever did in your generic-looking corvette, too.

A test drive before buying should be obvious, though.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Here's a recent link regarding what will let loose and when: https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s...d-article.html

You need to read thru the stickies, primarily the one listing the TSB's associated with these S197's. There are a few TSB issues that are more prevalent on the 05 and 06's and the major one to be concerned about is the water leak which will allow the SJB in the passenger kick panel to get wet and eventually cause all sorts of electrical gremlins. Other than that, these S197's are sweet vehicles with that retro look that gives me wood every time I see one.