Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dodge forums why all the hate on the 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 03:17 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Never was brand loyal really... Loved the look of the new camaro when I saw it in concept/production form. But it was expensive, among other things.

I did (like many others) become a little partial/biased towards the mustangs after purchasing one, its just human nature to want to believe you have the best...

I guess I am the "young" crowd, being 19 and all. But I still love chevy, ford, and dodges muscle all the same.

I notice some arrogant chally owners around, but they usually never interact with me. Or ever really acknowledge my existence, and I would guess its for the fact that I have a v6... Kind of rude, and impolite when you think of the fact that we all have the same interests.

Last edited by aaquib1992; 05-17-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Ha my whole family is loyal to Chevy, well my dad's side. My mom's side are complete Ford, Mustang in general, fanatics.
My dad's favorite thing to say is that "The Mustang is only faster right now because Chevrolet is letting them"..... That seems like great marketing to me. I don't understand how you can actually hate another American pony type car. When I see a Camaro I don't go "EW Camaro!" They are all better than buying foreign so whatever. Its the same stupidity that fuels the V6 vs V8 debate, too many people who are just asshats.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
But there are gonna be dicks everywhere......
Well said.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Lokota
2nd Gear Member

Some imports done right deserve just as much respect as any American car
Old 05-17-2011, 04:01 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Nah.....Not so much.....
Old 05-17-2011, 04:36 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by potman
All my cars are GM. Then I drove the Mustang and decided I was being an idiot.....
LOL, someone needs to Sig this^^^^.

It's a d#ck size comparing thing with most Challenger guys...
They need a big car to compensate for their little old weewees.

To be fair, it looks better than the Stang (stock for stock) but that's it.
Too heavy to challenge it on anything else.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

I am a member on a Charger site I have have started a thread on this topic. I have posed the question, why do you call Mustangs rustangs etc and I have not gotten much feedback. None actually. The way I see it, if the Charger/Challenger was the cats rear end they would have sales that backed this up. They do not so end of their story. I myself grew up in the 60's so I love all muscle, end of my story.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Ford-a-tude
2nd Gear Member

After I bought my Mustang my old man traded in his brand new Vibe for a Challenger. It's an awesome car and I would own one in a heartbeat. I'll thumbs up anyone in a nice ride, regardless of the make model. I even somehow find the fellow stang owner that won't even acknowledge me when I end up next to them at a light. I'm happy with my choice of vehicles and don't need to prove it to anyone.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:34 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I hate tuners, that being said I'm all about any muscle car. I love it when camaro/challenger guys that I went to school with would talk down on my "Rustang" until I revved it up...utter silence after that and personally, I love the look of a challenger! I wish I could afford one to be my daily driver so my stang could become my garage queen.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:06 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

when the green light drops the BS stops

i like the new Challengers bc they are big and they have that retro look. but stock vs stock a coyote will put the hurt to a Challenger at the track. there are several nice Challengers around here. they look good and sound good, but i still wouldn't buy one.

Quick Reply: Dodge forums why all the hate on the 5.0