Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ABC NEWS INVESTIGATION: 2011 & 2012 MUSTANG

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 04:42 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
You spend that much money, the sh*t should work!!
Amen, it ain't about failure rates and what not, you drop 40k on a car it's should run like a champ, I feel bad for the guy in the video and if they won't fix that shame on Ford.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:49 PM
poopile
1st Gear Member

I feel bad for anyone who's having these tranny issues, but how about us poor SOB's who have an 05-08 that can't sit in the rain without becoming a mobile goldfish pond. That's pretty frustrating too. Where the hell was ABC through this whole mess? Just sayin'.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:55 PM
jmatero
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by poopile
I feel bad for anyone who's having these tranny issues, but how about us poor SOB's who have an 05-08 that can't sit in the rain without becoming a mobile goldfish pond. That's pretty frustrating too. Where the hell was ABC through this whole mess? Just sayin'.
ABC is involved because I asked 2011/2012 owners to report their transmission issues to the NHTSA website. Then, after the BMW fuel pump story, I called the Producers directly and asked for their help after no action from Ford for over a year and 2012 owners emailing me in droves saying their cars were also a mess.

If Ford is going to proclaim the the world they value Quality and Safety, they need to behave in ways that honor those values. With regard to the 2011/2012 Mustangs with the MT82, they are not.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:04 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

OP, just curious, is this your first Mustang?

Sorry to hear about your problems, just curious
Old 05-23-2011, 07:57 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by poopile
What are you referring to? I would like to know I have heard nothing like this.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:39 PM
PSUSkier
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
I believe he's referring to the water leaks that can occur on the 05+ Mustangs. I personally never had any issues with mine, but I know there are others that saw some electrical problems and other water related issues.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:45 PM
jmatero
1st Gear Member

Yup, first Mustang... Wanted one my whole life...and still do
Old 05-23-2011, 09:20 PM
poopile
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by PSUSkier
I believe he's referring to the water leaks that can occur on the 05+ Mustangs. I personally never had any issues with mine, but I know there are others that saw some electrical problems and other water related issues.
Yes. Water leaks into the passenger side floor board from behind the kick panel, which in turn can leak onto the smart junction box and fry it causing electrical issues. I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but do a search for water leak and you can find hours of reading material.

The dealer bought my car from an auction in Vegas, so the problem evidentally never reared it's ugly head until it made it to Oklahoma. Lucky me...
Old 05-24-2011, 03:53 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

I'm not sure if this would help your story, but this girl could use some media attention to her situation.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...riving-it.html

I'm sure a lot of you have read the thread, but OP check into this and see if ABC could use it. Basically her car caught fire and Ford is dragging their feet with repairing it.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:21 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
If you own an 05 thru 09 S197 and haven't heard of the water leak TSB, then crawl out from under that rock and read. An incredible # of S197's, primarily 05's and 06's but also some 07's thru 09, experience the leak which begins to cause electrical gremlins and can perpetuate into the car being unsafe to drive and possibly undriveable as a result of SJB corrosion. There's an old poll going around and it's pretty darn scarey how many folks have the leak. There are even some, myself included, that verified NO leak only to find it months or years later. NOT pretty.

Quick Reply: ABC NEWS INVESTIGATION: 2011 & 2012 MUSTANG