Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Southern California Body Shops???

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 02:18 AM
Jrodmaster
1st Gear Member

Default Southern California Body Shops???

I want to put black racing stripes on my car and some pin stripes down the side of the door, BUT I do NOT want those stick on stickers, i want them to be painted onto the car. does anyone know where i could get this done in the Anaheim, CA area and about how much it will run me? thanks for all your help.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:12 PM
Dragonscales

Default RE: Southern California Body Shops???

I'd like to know a good reliable body shop as well as I'm in the same area
Old 08-31-2005, 09:28 PM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

Did you guys even looked at the yellow pages? or did reseach on the internet for a nearest shop in your area? C'mon guys, at least do the research first if you have exhausted all of your resources then start calling your nearest shop and ask them if the know someone or a shop that can help you out.
I hope this helps.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Jrodmaster
1st Gear Member

yeah, of course i know how to do that. i was wondering if anyone had it done in the area and what they thought about it. dont test drive a car without buying it.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:16 AM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

I know a shop in Pasadena where I've had quality bodywork & painting done. A friend of mine referred them to me, and I liked the job they did on his Explorer and his sister's SUV. Pasadena is a bit of a haul from Anaheim, though.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:38 PM
brchan
1st Gear Member

I'm also looking for a body shop in the SoCal area to have my body kit fitted and painted. I ran across this article on the web regarding an autobody shop in Montclair. I was going to give them a call to see what their prices were like. If the celebs use them, they must be good (and hopefully not too expensive!).

http://www.dailybulletin.com/Stories...990251,00.html

Bryan
Old 10-03-2005, 09:48 AM
my05toy

I just got my '05 GT and had my dealer (New Century Ford, San Gabriel) send it out for painted stripes. The car is Screaming Yellow and the stripes are black metallic ('05 Chrysler 300C color). Sorry, I haven't gotten around to taking pics, yet. A friend of mine took some for another website, though, called yellowmustangregistry.com. If you look under forums, then 2005, you can see pics of his and mine under the title "GT Coupe and GT convertible" (mine's the convertible).

Well, the dealer sent it out to Marco's Auto Body in Monterey Park. The manager's name is Tim and his number is 626-926-4192. I paid $1200 through the dealer (their cost) but Tim told me that, since they normally don't do this type of work, they would charge $3000 for the next one, since they removed all the parts (hood, deck lid, spoiler, windshield, etc.) and de-trimmed the car prior to painting the stripes. It was a 1st class job! Now, Marco's subcontracts out the lining up and masking of the stripes to a guy named Bob (forgot his company's name). He's the one who did all the prep work on my car and they came out perfect! Anyway, the prep work is probably the most important part of the job! If Marco's is too steep for you, you can call Bob and he can line you up with other shops he works with, maybe one closer to you. I would definitely recommend him! Bob's number is 626-922-1893.

I wish you the best of luck with this project! Just be patient and plan it out carefully. You won't be disappointed!