Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My 05 might be out the door gas is about to eat our lunch

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My 05 might be out the door gas is about to eat our lunch

Oh Yeah and thats why President Bush wants to have him slained. Please people don't blame President Bush for everything. It's not his fault the hurricane happen and the pipelines were damaged. He also wants to look for places in Alaska to drill. Which I'm all for. But there will be some tree hugger that will become angry . Never mind there endless places to drill. But these same people will be complaing because we don't have enough of our own resources to lower prices in fuel. As far as that BP station that was on the news; he raised the prices because he was tired of people draining his gas station. You see people who have to refill everyday just so happens to do their own damage and have gas prices raised. You know price and demand. This is only temporary. It will get better. You know I'm not particular happy how the war is going on forever either but blaming President Bush for everything isn't right. Americans think we should go to war and kick *** for two weeks and then pack up and go home. Well it doesn't work like that. Before this war happen people were pro war wanting the armed forces to kick butt but now its souring some people are quick to lash at Bush. Being honest I wish all the troops could be returned. I'm tired of hearing young men and women being killed. But we started this and I reckon some of us will have to be patient.
ORIGINAL: doc0075579

You do know that Pres. BUSH and his family are business partners with several oil lords in the middle east, to include the BIN LADIN family of Saudi Arabia. Just my two cents.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:03 PM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doc0075579

You do know that Pres. BUSH and his family are business partners with several oil lords in the middle east, to include the BIN LADIN family of Saudi Arabia. Just my two cents.

Dude, you must have watched too much of Michael Moore's slanted film FarenHYPE, I mean Farenheit 911.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Lawman165
1st Gear Member

This thread is going crazy. They just announced they have most of the affected pipelines in the SE running back up at 50%. This should mean prices going back to pre-Katrina levels. (2.59-2.79)
Letting environmentalists dictate how we run our country is one of the biggest reasons we have higher gas prices. We have no new refineries built since the 70's and the ones we have running at 98-99% capacities for the current demand. Do the math..when a hurricane hits a major pipeline that supplies a large portion of the southeast you probably stopped 20% of the national supply in one weekend. Oil prices are artificially high because it is traded as a commodity like wheat and pork bellies. You have people that dont know the difference between crude and corn syrup setting the prices. The speculation is what drives the price up. There is plenty of oil to be had for the forseeable future. Just my .02.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:50 PM
welshstar
1st Gear Member

Hi

Dont understand all this bitching, we are driving big V8 engines. In the rest of the world they drive high perfomance 4 cyls. Gas was $7 a gallon fifteen years ago in the UK.

So just accept that $3+ is here to stay and your still half the cost of the rest of the world

Its time the US realises that the excesses that are taken for granted are not normal, the rest of the world survives on 2 litre engines, 6 oz steaks and 27 inch TV's

PS I love the US and my GT

Steve
Old 09-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Brain
1st Gear Member

Heck, I'd take being able to FIND gas. I'm in Baton Rouge and the stations that have fuel have lines backed up well into the street. It's crazy. I pass 3 or 4 stations on my way to and from work and it was the same at every one, either bags over the pumps or cars blocking traffic at every entrance. I was too amazed at the traffic to think to look at the prices so I don't know what it was going for. My roomate finally found some Thursday night for $3/gal regular, that was after the first station he went to ran out of gas as he pulled up to the pump. [:@]

I stayed home from work on Friday to try to save fuel. Hopefully by the time I need to fill up things will be somewhat less crazy, whatever the price is at the time.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:34 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Another thought: Is speeding really worth it?

ORIGINAL: jt14894

Great points everybody, but here's another thought, especially for you lead footers.
With gas prices so high, there's no reason to be speeding.
If you want to save on gas, you might as well slow down and drive the speed limit because it doesn't seem like there's light at the end of the tunnel any time soon.
Same goes for those of you who own an SUV.
The Government might as well reduce the speed limit back to the dreaded 55 MPH to get people to slow down and conserve gas.
Jt- I gotta disagree just a little- this MAY not always be the case...

I still have the 85 camaro I bought new- its got a puny 2.8 v6 with the tin can exhaust tone... usually got mid 20's mileage. In 1993 I had it out west tracked mileage...found something interesting- faster it went better the mileage got. best was >35 mpg across new mexico in 100 degree heat with the A/C on @85 mph.
Logged 6,000 miles on that trip, every time we drove faster, we did better on gas. Just like in the 70's they decided to reduce power to save gas- it didnt work very well. A friend of mine got a 78 lesabre with that uwful odd fire v6- had to floor it in order for car to roll forward- got lousy mileage. My First car I got from my mom- huge 69 Galaxie 500 429-4v, she consistently got 17 mpg driving to work(mostly highway). I got about 3 mpg for a week before I wrecked it - never give a kid a bigblock She had a 77 ltd 351-2v that was a toad and got about 12mpg same route to her work. Sometimes bigger is better, sometimes faster is better...exceptions to every rule...
driving 55 saves lives right? much reduced damage in accidents, but taking 30% longer behind the wheel probably caused a LOT more accidents, etc...
Old 09-05-2005, 02:07 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

<< My 05 might be out the door gas is about to eat our lunch >>

well, the 300hp v8/stick gets 25 mpg (hiway) epa rating

you could always get the easier to find v6/automatic- oops: its rated 25mpg (hiway) also...

I kinda think eventually if ford adds cylinder cutout, wouldnt be suprised if the v8 in 4 cyl mode got 30-35mpg- that would be quite the feat for a 13.5 second car(I'm very impressed at 25mpg!).

I'm thinking of 'donating' my '93-f150 to the cause this fall- want to try to get close to 40mpg highway out of it, think it can be done(300-six/stick). if it blows up, I'll just junk it- if not it'll be the ugliest rustiest truck ever to hit the newsstands
deal with the wife is when I get the new mustang(still no VIN), two of our other 6 gotta go, and my old reliable 18mpg work truck is looking pretty rough...poor thing sits all summer, only goes out in the salt or to haul stuff...cant decide if second to go will be 89 mkVII or the 85 camaro(my only chevy)...got the camaro new, hate to let go of it, but really like the Mark(probably best driving car Ive ever had)...Cant part with the 69 mustang or the 65 Galaxie(http://www.hometown.aol.com/ford4v429/gal1.html long story), wife has to keep her windstar at least till I get the mustang(second car payment for HER might fly, but not the other way around!)...
we'll see what happens. I just want my freaking VIN number for my 06 order!!!
Old 09-05-2005, 03:56 AM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, that's it. I'm switching my GT over to Biodiesel.