Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Modding Stock gt with supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 01:19 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevilay
thanks, Im not looking for a huge expense, maybe a few thousand. I figured i can go up to 450-500 and keep it pretty much stock other then that. I wanna get the most power i can with bolt ons + superhcarger. I want all my power right off the jump. I dont want to get into a complete engine overhaul it will cause me to much. Thanks for all the great info. Im gonna spend alot of time researching all this stuff.

Thanks a ton
Kevin
if 450 is your goal, any one of the tvs/twin screw superchargers will work just fine.. you may not even have to add anything else other than the blower and a smaller pulley and be able to get those numbers you want. I understand what you mean about keeping it a simple no hassle set up..
Old 06-20-2011, 06:05 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Few thousand isn't going to get you very far in terms of forced induction. Figure 4-5 grand minimum, unless you piece together a kit and fab up stuff/install yourself.
Didn't notice he said a few thousand.

Nope that wont get you ANY setup unless you fab up and install yourself as siggy said. NO WAY.
Ditto to what Siggy said about 4-5k min.

I'd say 5k min. if you want it installed and not doing the install yourself.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:10 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

OH and to the original poster of this thread.
You said you did not know anything about superchargers.

You need to do some SERIOUS research and educate yourself on superchargers, PSI and how much you can handle, tunes and how they are SO important to making sure they are good so you don't lose your engine, and much more.

You just don't go slapping one of these on not knowing anything and expect your engine to last you. If you aren't careful you could end up blowing that engine a week after you get it or less and not only be out for the supercharger, but the cost of a whole new engine.

Don't be rushfull or stupid about this.
Be smart end EDUCATE yourself before diving in.

And remember...putting an aftermarket supercharger on your car can mean your engine blows even if you are careful. Crap just happens. I'm saying this to put into your head that if you want a supercharger... you better have the means to replace your engine IF anything catastrophic should happen to it.

Be wise. Don't be immature and stupid with just the "I WANT" fever in your head.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 AM
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

Thanks that's good to know.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:13 AM
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

I'd have it professionsly installed and tuned
Old 06-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Again man.
Do research and educate yourself BEFORE getting a supercharger.
Know what a good tune is. Know what your A/F ratio should be.
Know the safe boost ranges for your supercharger and engine.
Know how to treat the car. Know what to do and what the NO NO's are.

Know what types of superchargers are out there and the benefits of the different kinds and the drawbacks of some.
Some do better in cold than others and are safer in the cold. Some give power right off the bat and some give more at certain RPM ranges.

There are things you NEED to learn before doing this.
EDUCATE yourself first or you will regret not doing so.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevilay
thanks, Im not looking for a huge expense, maybe a few thousand. I figured i can go up to 450-500 and keep it pretty much stock other then that. I wanna get the most power i can with bolt ons + superhcarger. I want all my power right off the jump. I dont want to get into a complete engine overhaul it will cause me to much. Thanks for all the great info. Im gonna spend alot of time researching all this stuff.

Thanks a ton
Kevin
I just dont see 450-500 for less than 6k installed to be quite honest unless you find a killer deal or get a used kit.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:13 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

Buying a COMPLETE kit for less than $6k is easily done. I sell'em. Twin screw blowers are more expensive than centries. $3-4.....no way. Throw in someone to "do-it-for-you", and your talking some serious cash. it doesnt really take much knowledge and tool set to install one. Save some dough and read the how-tos for blower install.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:52 PM
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

Dont worry guys, This is my first step in learning what i need. I will do some research to find out what I need how it works, what I should use. Im not going to get one until next summer probably so I got alot of time to read up.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by SCCAGT
Buying a COMPLETE kit for less than $6k is easily done. I sell'em. Twin screw blowers are more expensive than centries. $3-4.....no way. Throw in someone to "do-it-for-you", and your talking some serious cash. it doesnt really take much knowledge and tool set to install one. Save some dough and read the how-tos for blower install.
What are your other mods on yours besides the procharger at 10 psi and headers to be making almost 490 something RWHP?
Isnt that a bit high for a 4.6 with a centri and only 10 pounds of boost or am I wrong?

Wondering because a stock 07-09 GT500 with a 5.4L engine and and 8 pounds of boost makes a good deal less than that.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 06-20-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Modding Stock gt with supercharger