Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Watch me outrun a new GTO

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 06:08 PM
LimeStang05
2nd Gear Member

Default Watch me outrun a new GTO

I thought it was gonna be closer than this, but I think his car must have flooded or something.....Sorry, I couldn't help it.....no offence to anyone! http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...truck1/gto.jpg
Old 09-02-2005, 06:10 PM
LimeStang05
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Watch me outrun a new GTO

I hope you guys reallize that I'm not trying to hurt anyones feelings, I'm just glad it wasn't a new GT!
Old 09-02-2005, 08:35 PM
ese

well still that car was somebody's baby... And people dont purchase sports cars just for a car to have. They buy them because they really WANT that car... sucks for them.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

Dude, I don't think that was funny at all
Old 09-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Lawman165
1st Gear Member

That photo should be a good lesson regardless of the original intent. Those of you that live in areas that are hurricane prone should heed the warnings. When they tell you to leave you need to do it. I live about 45 minutes from the Texas gulf coast and I am glad that storm did not hit here.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:57 AM
LimeStang05
2nd Gear Member

Come on guys, I'm a Firefighter/EMT! Sometimes we have a different way of handling bad situations. You should know Lawman! I literally save lives on a daily basis!!! You wont find me cracking jokes about the people in N.O. I've been glued to the TV for days. I wish I could go help with the search and rescue effort....But, you know what?.....If I was told to get out of town....................I'd take my Mustang with me!
Old 09-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Lawman165
1st Gear Member

Hey Lime,

I understand what you are saying. I admit I laughed when i saw the pic at first. People that are not in the business don't understand. We deal with things in a different way than most. We have a twisted sense of humor that helps us deal with all the crap we go through. I'm glad they don't have to see the things we see every day. Stay safe out there firefighter!
Old 09-03-2005, 12:22 PM
firemedix911
2nd Gear Member

Hey Lime,

I understand what you are saying. I admit I laughed when i saw the pic at first. People that are not in the business don't understand. We deal with things in a different way than most. We have a twisted sense of humor that helps us deal with all the crap we go through. I'm glad they don't have to see the things we see every day. Stay safe out there firefighter!
He said it man. Remember people aren't used to hearing this types of jokes speciallt in a ti me of crisis. Your only mistake was that it came a little out of place. Remember this is a car forum and most of us, including you would see those types of losses and feel really bad for the owner. We can relate since we all take prid and really good care of our cars.
And don't get me wrong I know where you r coming from. Just watch it next time if you don't wanna get chew.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:15 PM
PipsBlackStang
4th Gear Member

I laughed alittle and then realized that what is going on is terrible, and then I thought about why the hell he/she would leave that car sitting on the street when a catagory 5 hurricane was coming towards you,so I laughed some more.

I know this isnt the thread for it but I hope everyone in along the Gulf coast is ok and they can locate all thier lost love ones alive.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:51 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I would have left the GTO, Stang, or Vette to be able to ride out of town with my wife and kids in the Expedition (thats why we have insurance). I'm a Police Officer who has to stay behind during the Hurricanes in Panama City FL and all I can do is park my stang in the Car Port, and cover it. It sucks to be gone for two and a half days not knowing how my car is but at least my family is always safe. God Bless everyone in N.O., I almost wish it would have hit over here since the damage and loss of life would have been so much less.

Quick Reply: Watch me outrun a new GTO