Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bama Tunes??? good or bad?

Old 06-29-2011, 10:16 AM
roblee121
1st Gear Member

Default Bama Tunes??? good or bad?

Just installed my C&L CAI and uploaded my 93 octane Bama tune. had another member slam Bama and AmericanMuscle.... referring to the tune as a " grenade " my expirence with them was nothing like this.

what was ya'll expirence on the Bama Tuning?
Old 06-29-2011, 10:19 AM
pdub42
1st Gear Member

I got tunes from them about a month or so ago, along with a C&L intake that I purchased off the forums here. I like the tunes a lot. They are also very good with their customer service, they get back to you right away to adjust things on the tune for you.
-edit: also I did notice a pretty decent increase in power, most of the time you cannot "feel a difference" but I could feel a little harder pull up top with the combination which I tested with a dyno app on my phone ( I know these are not reliable) but it did says 315hp before and 335ish after the intake and 93 race tune. The gain was more in the higher rpms which is where you can feel it pulling harder
Old 06-29-2011, 10:33 AM
chaoscentral
2nd Gear Member

with mail order tunes there is a possiblity of getting a bad tune. I got tunes from bama and they have been great, even got it dyno tested and the a/f was dead on where it needed to be, and I made 282 to the wheels with just the cai and tune(282rwhp is very good for an automatic)
Old 06-29-2011, 10:43 AM
senter75

I've had Bama tunes for several years now and I highly recommend them.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:41 AM
andywalls

Personally I've heard nothing but good things about bama
Old 06-29-2011, 11:42 AM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

There's going to be one unhappy customer everywhere. We try really hard to make sure that our tunes are spot-on. We dyno test everything we do in-house and all of our research and development is done with lab quality sensors and diagnostic tools. We own 9 company Mustangs and have atleast 30 other Mustangs owned by employees. We regularly accuracy test our custom tunes on the dyno to make sure that what we're sending out is as spot-on as it can possibly be.

We've tested our tunes on the street, track, dyno, you name it! We own a Mustang from each generation and submodel that we tune for. Our 05-10 stuff is awesome and many people have been satisfied for years. We own a 2005 V6, 2005 GT, had a 2010 GT, I personally have a 2007 GT, and many of our reps drive S197's as well. Trust us, we're going to make sure your car is perfect!

We're also SCT's largest volume dealer in the world. There are literally at least 3000 05-10 Bama customers, and to hear 2 or 3 bad things, here or there, is someone expected. We have a really smart team (http://www.bamaperformance.com), and they're all SCT certified, Dynojet certified, a few are Ford and SVT Tech certified.

If you have absolutely any questions about Bama tuning, what we do or how we do it, feel free to give them a call directly at the Bama number and hours listed in my signature below! There's also tons of videos on our YouTube channel under the Bama playlist (http://www.youtube.com/americanmusclevideos)

Also, there are TONS of great reviews, right here on the forums! Search away! https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...priceless.html

I hope this helps!
Old 06-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Considering that there were 1 or 2 negative experiences with AM/Bama tunes out of the hundreds that have been satisfied, I think the answer is obvious.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:25 PM
andywalls

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
There's going to be one unhappy customer everywhere. We try really hard to make sure that our tunes are spot-on. We dyno test everything we do in-house and all of our research and development is done with lab quality sensors and diagnostic tools. We own 9 company Mustangs and have atleast 30 other Mustangs owned by employees. We regularly accuracy test our custom tunes on the dyno to make sure that what we're sending out is as spot-on as it can possibly be.

We've tested our tunes on the street, track, dyno, you name it! We own a Mustang from each generation and submodel that we tune for. Our 05-10 stuff is awesome and many people have been satisfied for years. We own a 2005 V6, 2005 GT, had a 2010 GT, I personally have a 2007 GT, and many of our reps drive S197's as well. Trust us, we're going to make sure your car is perfect!

We're also SCT's largest volume dealer in the world. There are literally at least 3000 05-10 Bama customers, and to hear 2 or 3 bad things, here or there, is someone expected. We have a really smart team (http://www.bamaperformance.com), and they're all SCT certified, Dynojet certified, a few are Ford and SVT Tech certified.

If you have absolutely any questions about Bama tuning, what we do or how we do it, feel free to give them a call directly at the Bama number and hours listed in my signature below! There's also tons of videos on our YouTube channel under the Bama playlist (http://www.youtube.com/americanmusclevideos)

Also, there are TONS of great reviews, right here on the forums! Search away! https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...priceless.html

I hope this helps!

I can definitely vouch for AM and their partner bama. they are very professional and will do everything in their power to make you satisfied! Haven't run an AM tune for a while but when I did I was extremely happy not only with my product but with their awesome customer service.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:28 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I vouch for AM's epic Bama tunes!!! I smile everytime I go WOT and hit the highway!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:37 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

My Bama tunes & C&L intake that I had were awesome! I originally had some "equipment" problems (for some reason a GT500 TB wouldn't work with my 08) and Doug worked with me until we figured them out.. and once we found it, oh man.. it lit my stang on fire... thumbsup from here..

and like AMChrisRose says.. they stand behind thier product.. they don't walk away..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bama Tunes??? good or bad?