Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dash/SCT X2 wont light up (since tune upload)

Old 07-06-2011, 01:59 AM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Default Dash/SCT X2 wont light up (since tune upload)

Hey Guys,

Last night i uploaded my 93 Brenspeed tune with met SCT X2 before a race.
Afterwards i wanted to return it to the 87 tune, everything was going well and once i saw the usual verifying calibration, i just put the SCT device on my seat to go have a quick smoke. When i got back the SCT was off and so was my dash.

I unplugged it and turned the switch off (it was on, but the engine wasnt started) and plugged it back in and switched on again. My dash nor the device went on. I tried this a few times and afterwards i unplugged the battery for about 10 minutes. When i reconnected it was still the same situation.

Does anyone know what i can do to solve this problem? The car does start, just the dash doesnt work along with my signal lights, my lights work and so do my wipers and "bright".

I drove it back to home like that.
Any input would be appreciated

PS, By light up i dont just mean the backlight doesnt work, i mean the dash isn't working at all, same goes for the SCT
Old 07-06-2011, 05:33 AM
JimC

You've most likely blown the fuse (I think it might be #11, check the owner's manual). The OBD and dash lights are on one fuse.

Do you have any aftermarket electronics on your car? I have a Sirius unit that is hard wired in. Wherever Best Buy tapped for power it overloads the system if I have the Sirius powered up and plug my SCT in to the OBD.

Search this Thread