Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First Parts Order!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 06:11 PM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

Talking First Parts Order!!

Haha, I feel like celebrating!

I just made my first "major" online order for my 2008 GT! Pretty excited Ordered various external components to set it off from the other GT's running around town, but also a Tuner/Bama tunes, CAI, 4.10 Rear gears, and basically the complete suspension system will be upgraded! Nothing too fancy really, and can't wait to post results of all the work when the parts arrive, but I am almost as excited as the night I bought the car! Looking forward to see just how much these first things wake her up!

Have no idea why I am posting this aside from just being excited, sorry

Last edited by OhEightGT; 08-04-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:18 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

4.10's will keep you happy for a little while, they should have come in the car from the factory, I love mine.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:21 PM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

I know there are endless threads about gears, but in your personal experience how did they affect your city/highway mileage? I am really looking forward to the gear swap! (should add that my car came stock with 3.55's so I guess that could change things a bit with how much of a difference it might make for me)
Old 08-04-2011, 07:11 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Your right there are endless threads about RPM's and gas mileage. Really its not that big of a difference. Back when I only had a cai and 410's i was still able to get 23.5 on interstate. Without a lead foot. Now I have cams and a supercharger and I cant still get a bit over 20 in the interstate.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:34 PM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, sorry! I'm not worried about the mileage at all, that's not why I bought the car and by the time the mod's I want to do to it are done in the end, that will be even more true Just a passing curiousity This is my first car of this type, so the "sensible" family car part of me gets ridiculous curiousities! I do love that it gets great mileage right now, but it's not necessary and I am breaking the habit of worrying!

Last edited by OhEightGT; 08-04-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:41 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by OhEightGT
I know there are endless threads about gears, but in your personal experience how did they affect your city/highway mileage? I am really looking forward to the gear swap! (should add that my car came stock with 3.55's so I guess that could change things a bit with how much of a difference it might make for me)
I came from 3.55's as well and there is a big difference. In gas mileage, not so much. If I baby it I get good mileage, but that is so hard to do with 4.10's
Old 08-05-2011, 12:28 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I understand your excitement I still feel it when the ups dude shows up!

Your car will be an entire new animal with the new cai, tune and gears. It's just keeps getting, better only your cc takes a beating. Lol
Old 08-05-2011, 02:31 AM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
I came from 3.55's as well and there is a big difference. In gas mileage, not so much. If I baby it I get good mileage, but that is so hard to do with 4.10's
Glad to hear there's a noticeable difference! Really just getting them because right now, my local performance shop has a good deal going on installs. And these gears fit in with the build I ultimately want so might as well do them now! Good to know that even as she is, I'll notice a difference. I can imagine it's tough to baby it after If I need help babying it I'll just take my wife along, she gets onto me for going over 2,000 rpm

Haha 808Muscle, I can't even wait for him to show Going to be one of those situations where I check tracking constantly! Looking forward to that first real drive after I get it all done! Yeah, my CC (and my wife) are going to hate me by the time it's all said and done with the car sometime next summer
Old 08-05-2011, 10:50 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by OhEightGT
Glad to hear there's a noticeable difference! Really just getting them because right now, my local performance shop has a good deal going on installs. And these gears fit in with the build I ultimately want so might as well do them now! Good to know that even as she is, I'll notice a difference. I can imagine it's tough to baby it after If I need help babying it I'll just take my wife along, she gets onto me for going over 2,000 rpm

Haha 808Muscle, I can't even wait for him to show Going to be one of those situations where I check tracking constantly! Looking forward to that first real drive after I get it all done! Yeah, my CC (and my wife) are going to hate me by the time it's all said and done with the car sometime next summer
It's a big difference, definitely noticeable and if you have stock tires they will break loose easily haha. You have a manual, right?
Old 08-05-2011, 11:40 AM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

Haha that's great to hear My rims are stock, not sure if the tires are. Dealer put brand new Pirelli's on it the day I picked it up. I mean I know they are not the original tires, but may be the same kind it came with, don't know. Anyway, yes, it is a manual, I'm guessing first gear will be pretty short/next to useless? It's already short as it is!

Quick Reply: First Parts Order!!