Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

cold air intakes. need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 12:36 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: cold air intakes. need help

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Something I'm not getting here. The JLT CAI is what 150 dollars and the tuner is 200 dollars but the kit is 600? What am I totalling wrong here. Has your plastic melted by any chance. I've heard of this in earlier cases. How being that you have about the same set up but it is claimed to give you additional horsepower over names as C/L or Steeda?
ORIGINAL: GWFoos

I have the JLT CAI with the reflash. The kit also came in my car color. I found the seat-o-the-pants feel to be tremendous.

www.jlttruecoldair.com

Check it out.
The $200 is for just the tunes for those that already own the hand held tuner. The $600 comes with the CAI, Tuner, and tunes.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:30 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

The CAI is about $150, $25 for the matching car color, $75 for the JLT tune. I paid $375 on another site for the SCT 1 and that included the PC cable, which some places will charge you $40-$50.

I hope that this helps.

As for the melting problem, I put a piece of insulation tubing on the piping underneath the CAI and have had no problems whatsoever. I have, however, had a problem with the filter coming off, which Jay at JLT is fixing by sending me a brand new kit with a mount through the pipe and a new tune. The CAIs coming from JLT now include this modification.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I talked to a girl at work and her husband owns a Trans-Am with 500 something to the rear wheels horsepower and he tells me really I don't need a tune for the air induction kit. He saids if I added headers or an x-pipe I would need it. But he saids you really don't need a tune for the air induction kit. Has anybody tried this without a tune? I don't have as much money as most. Why doesn't the K-N Kit require one? Anyway is the combination of the two is what gives you the 25 extra horses? Like I was saying earlier he said it wouldn't run that much leaner and it was just a bolt on and don't worry about it. He said he did it to his Trans-Am the first week he got the car. He later got the cams,headers,x-pipe, nitrous and the other stuff that I can't remember. Its a shame that I don't have the ability to know all this stuff. Heck I'm thinking maybe take a corspondence course on Engines maybe this will help?
Old 09-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

By the way thanks for answering my question. Its apreciated.
ORIGINAL: GJP05

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Something I'm not getting here. The JLT CAI is what 150 dollars and the tuner is 200 dollars but the kit is 600? What am I totalling wrong here. Has your plastic melted by any chance. I've heard of this in earlier cases. How being that you have about the same set up but it is claimed to give you additional horsepower over names as C/L or Steeda?
ORIGINAL: GWFoos

I have the JLT CAI with the reflash. The kit also came in my car color. I found the seat-o-the-pants feel to be tremendous.

www.jlttruecoldair.com

Check it out.
The $200 is for just the tunes for those that already own the hand held tuner. The $600 comes with the CAI, Tuner, and tunes.