Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New member here, This my plan for my car what do you think

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 12:23 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
You and me both!

First off, Welcome to the Forum. It's a great base of knowledge and instruction for anything you're planning on doing. Now, as far as your plan, sounds good. I'm with 808 on the springs, NO CLUE! lol...as far as performance you sound like you have everything laid out. From what i've been told, the TB is pointless prior to forced induction and intake manifolds really don't do much for you to justify their cost. Aluminum driveshafts are really just a way to decrease the weight of your ride and I personally can't wait to install 4.10's in my '06 auto! Look into a TCI ratchet shifter too...those look awesome and are fun to have from what i've heard. BAMA (american muscle) makes a good tune and chirps the tires through 3rd as well (been there ) Looking forward to see your plans unfold!
I've heard the same about the throttle body while NA, and I heard our intake manifolds hold up fine, well for my needs that is. I was also looking at the ratchet shifter too, that thing looks awesome . I'm really thinking about getting one of those, it really ads to the interior. I'm starting to lean towards the 4.10s instead of the 3.73s, especially if I'm going with a big cam.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:50 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
My only two suggestions is to go with a twin screw blower and get a custom tune done for the blower.

You will be very happy with any of the twin screw blowers.

All your suspension stuff sounds good.
This is where I've been debating. Between a twin screw or the pro charger. I've always wanted a pro charger, but I love the instant power that a twin screw produces....hmm decisions decisions
Old 08-17-2011, 12:03 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Simon speaks da truth.

Tci Rachet shifter...... FTW!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:10 AM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Haha, i am going to look into that...btw i installed my longtubes today, i just made a new thread with some pics and info. My car runs and sounds great now. My stang is making progress.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:36 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

There is nothing wrong that I know of with the procharger.I have seen so many people so very please with the twin screw blowers, myself included, that it's hard not to recommend.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:03 PM