Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 11:32 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hollywub
Hey. Ask the tuner to tune off the traction control. I agree that pulling back fuel and timing is scary under WOT and 9 lbs boost.
I was thinking about having him do this actually, after reading about it here on the forums... but I'm unsure what the best thing to do would be. I suppose just reaching up and turning it off would be easy enough every time I started the car, make a habit of it. I can't see a reason why I would ever want it on though, and couldn't it be re-engaged if I were to ever want to sale the car or take it back to stock?

Originally Posted by Riptide
FYI. If it's turned off in the tune you won't be able to engage the system on demand but perhaps more annoyingly you will end up with the amber tire tracks in your cluster showing up constantly.
Amber tire tracks in my cluster? Not sure what you mean.

Originally Posted by Simon1
Just turn off the tcs and get some good tires.
Tires, no one has mentioned anything about my tires yet in this thread Hehe. I like the 22's, their ZR rated, and I'm not drag racing, or racing at all, so like I've said many times before, it's a good look and what I'm going for. Thanks for the advice on the TCS though, I think I'm going to take your advice and turn it off manually every time I start the car up, in stead of having the tuning shop disable it... I don't know what's best though.

*Also... I have a video of the dyno pull of the car hitting 501 rear wheel horsepower and around 470 torque!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

You don't know what they mean because your system isn't DISABLED. When it's disabled (in the tune) you will get a couple little squiggly amber tire tracks that light up, and stay lit up, indicating a problem with the TCS system. It shows up in your cluster.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Originally Posted by MAXIMUS-GT
Tires, no one has mentioned anything about my tires yet in this thread Hehe. I like the 22's, their ZR rated, and I'm not drag racing, or racing at all, so like I've said many times before, it's a good look and what I'm going for. Thanks for the advice on the TCS though, I think I'm going to take your advice and turn it off manually every time I start the car up, in stead of having the tuning shop disable it... I don't know what's best though.

*Also... I have a video of the dyno pull of the car hitting 501 rear wheel horsepower and around 470 torque!
ZR rating means nothing when you are trying to get traction with 500whp... i guess if the only time you put the pedal to the floor is in 4th gear you'll probably be okay though... maybe....

Maximus-GT, you strike me as a Fast & the Furious type(especially with your mod list/no desire to get traction)... has this been a life long dream ever since you watched the first movie? looking for attention when you park your car in the parking lots and pop your hood on friday nights waiting for people to ask what you have, show them your dyno sheet and tell them they aren't worth your time? then blast your music with your 12" sub? is this your dream? all show and no go(no traction=no go).. since you have no plans on racing...

Last edited by Mishri; 10-20-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

He's running 22s bro traction isn't real high on the priority scale.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:38 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

You don't know what they mean because your system isn't DISABLED. When it's disabled (in the tune) you will get a couple little squiggly amber tire tracks that light up, and stay lit up, indicating a problem with the TCS system. It shows up in your cluster.
Oh I see what you're saying, it shows up on my dash. I remember this happening a long time ago in a Pontiac I owned when I would hit snow or ice, makes sense now thanks. You're saying if I have this permanently disabled by the techs at the tune shop, this will stay on my dash, but if I manually disable the TCS every time I start the car up, I won't see it? Thanks for your advice.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:48 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
ZR rating means nothing when you are trying to get traction with 500whp... i guess if the only time you put the pedal to the floor is in 4th gear you'll probably be okay though... maybe....

Maximus-GT, you strike me as a Fast & the Furious type(especially with your mod list/no desire to get traction)... has this been a life long dream ever since you watched the first movie? looking for attention when you park your car in the parking lots and pop your hood on friday nights waiting for people to ask what you have, show them your dyno sheet and tell them they aren't worth your time? then blast your music with your 12" sub? is this your dream? all show and no go(no traction=no go).. since you have no plans on racing...
A tire comment, how surprising... I bet there have barely been 944 mentions of my 22's in this thread

As far as Fast and Furious, yes... I accredit 101% of my current Mustang build to a movie I saw with Vin Diesel when I was in middle school. I said to myself, sure this movie doesn't have a Mustang, but someday I'm going to go to college, work for years on end, get married, then save for more years on end to afford my dream car chock full of horsepower, all so I can stand in a circle surrounded by Civics and proudly proclaim, "Winning's winning" to the boisterous approval of my fist pumping groupies engulfing me, pumping up my ego while flexing my biceps and winning pink slips after a long day's work!

You pegged me right out of the gate!

See... I can be sarcastic too. Yay. How about this... the way I spend my $40k is my decision, I am here on this forum for FUN, and what... the... F... does it matter what I DO with MY car, as long as it's pleasing to me, and we're all here for the same ultimate reason - to enjoy and bask in the glow of the car culture and manifest what we individually assign worthiness to in our automobile builds?

Now... back on track. If anyone else wants to play couch psychiatrist based on the fact I went a couple inches over what Roush's come with from the factory, or that I put a subwoofer in the back of my car, flame on. For those of you who want to enjoy horsepower, the American revolution of car modding, and polite discourse and discussion of torque and making envisioned dreams come true... you're more than welcome to join me and offer up any and all advice, remarks, and thoughts. Can't believe the blatant rudeness and misdirected hate and flaming stemming from jealously that has somehow infested this thread from some people. To the rest of you, THANKS, and let's move on and keep doing what we enjoy, and respecting what others enjoy at the same time!!!

He's running 22s bro traction isn't real high on the priority scale.
Exxxxxxxxxactly... I'm going to start copy/pasting that, haha!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:04 PM
MustangFTW

but whats the horsepower for......

Old 10-20-2011, 04:11 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFTW
but whats the horsepower for......
To make me happy. Also, as I've mentioned continually, when I do feel the need to get timed in the quarter and have a day at the track with friends, I will take 20 minutes and swap wheels and tires. Is this brain surgery?
Old 10-20-2011, 04:11 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Unfortunately u will run across this behavior at any forum especially the s197 forum. That forum has some great info but wow some of the threads are amazing. It would be interesting to see how people would approach you given it was in person. I beleive the responses would be different however there are few who stay true with there opinions. Im sure anyone who has started a thread about there own car were perhaps a bit dissappointed with some opinions that may have varied from their own. I think its really funny the people that post surveys on what kind of rims to buy or what hood everyone else likes. Then once there poll is done they buy that particular mod.

Anyway enjoy what your doing as there are some here that would like follow along and see this to the end.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MAXIMUS-GT
You're saying if I have this permanently disabled by the techs at the tune shop, this will stay on my dash, but if I manually disable the TCS every time I start the car up, I won't see it? Thanks for your advice.
Correct.

Quick Reply: FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!