Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:35 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hollywub
I used CJ Pony Parts and American Muscle because of there no ground shipping charges. I have used LM Performance as well.

Kenne Bell says that the exhaust mods yield no gains. I can not attest to that statement as my car had everything done at once.

I would do the supercharger first. Dyno it. If it is around 470 rwhp, you are in the zone. Then add on mufflers, then shorties or long tubes.

Ask the guys at Kenne Bell about the exhaust too.
If I'm trying to save money, and ONLY care about the super aggressive exhaust sound and as-deep-as-possible throaty tones to the exhausts... would that only require mufflers of some sort, and no have anything to do with X-Pipes, Cats, and Headers?

Also, what are your thoughts on new rear gears, such as 3.9 here: http://www.americanmuscle.com/motive-390-0510gt.html? I feel as though they would free me up to SAFELY hit that hallowed 500RWHP mark, and also still have a nice blend of both efficiency and still non-track usage status right between 3.73 and 4.10 gears?
Old 09-13-2011, 12:59 AM
hollywub
2nd Gear Member

I kept my stock 3.55's. First gear goes by in a flash. I have asked around and most people suggest staying with the stock 3.55's with the SC.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:02 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hollywub
I kept my stock 3.55's. First gear goes by in a flash. I have asked around and most people suggest staying with the stock 3.55's with the SC.
I just emailed Kenne Bell and told them I'm ready to move forward with the purchase!

Last question before bed... If I'm trying to save money, and ONLY care about the super aggressive exhaust sound and as-deep-as-possible throaty tones to the exhausts... would that only require mufflers of some sort, and no have anything to do with X-Pipes, Cats, and Headers?

Have a good one, can't wait to see what your/others thoughts are regarding this topic, because seriously, I'd be somewhat devastated if I invested all this money into nearly doubling the horsepower, and failed to realize A) the supercharger 'whistle,' and even more importantly B) an amazing and head turning snarling exhaust note!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 10:01 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

The side exhaust has clearance issues so u might want to research that subject as I know some guys since installing the side exhaust said it was a mod they wish they would have never done. 500 RWHP is as high as your gonna go with the stock block. The numbers KB are giving you could be flywheel. I know some tuners say they like to keep the torque number below 450 to keep it safe. Good luck
Old 09-13-2011, 12:24 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
The side exhaust has clearance issues so u might want to research that subject as I know some guys since installing the side exhaust said it was a mod they wish they would have never done. 500 RWHP is as high as your gonna go with the stock block. The numbers KB are giving you could be flywheel. I know some tuners say they like to keep the torque number below 450 to keep it safe. Good luck
Thank you so much... I have never heard that feedback, but I am glad that I have now, because I am also planning on either just buying Eibach springs, or getting the entire suspension system (here: http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...em-0510gt.html) which will lower the ride height 1.6'' front and 2.3'' in the rear. Question: I have 22's on my car, and I hear the 2009 GT has a wheel well clearance of 27'', so will I still be alright with this ~2'' drop?

Anyway, about the exhaust with the supercharger system, thanks a lot for the help, would I be alright just going with a certain type of new mufflers, or in order to get that truly deep and throaty snarling growl I want SO BADLY, will I need an entire system with x-pipe and a cat etc?
Old 09-14-2011, 09:51 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Exclamation

I DID IT!!! Ordered EVERYTHING yesterday, Kenne Bell Stage-2 with Intercooler, complete front-to-back Kooks exhaust system with headers, x-pipe, high flow cats, and mufflers, all labor and installation, all tuning fees for 500RWHP guaranteed, full oil swap from factory to 100% synthetic Mobile One in rear gears/tranny/and engine, and even tax ALL for under $10,000!

I'll have at LEAST a solid month or more of driving heaven before the true cold weather sets in - IT'S ALL A DREAM COME TRUE!

All I have let at this point is to replace the factory side-scoops to match my louvers' design, go with the Cervini ram-air hood, install the Cervini ducktail spolier, and eventually get the front and rear bumpers from their C-300 bodykit and lower the car .5-1'' total (since I have 22's) and I'll be all set!

The only questions I have is since I'm not going with Cervini's side exhaust, does the C-300 body kit side-skirts come pre-cut for side exhausts, and will my dual factory exhausts fit out of the back C-300 bumper from Cervini?
Old 09-14-2011, 11:35 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

You'll really be creaming your panties when you get into the beast once it's blown!
The Kb power comes on nice and strong, you'll like it a lot.

Personally though, 390's is not a gear I'd go with this blower; 373's or even 355's. You'll go through 1st so quick you won't believe it! But that's up to you.

What are your plans for tires? You'll need some better rubber to get that power to stick.

Pushing past 500 with the stock engine is risky, but there's no single magic number that your engine will be good to. A lot will have to do with the tune, fuel, etc. You can push things too far, still run and build power, but cause damage that'll eventually cause the motor to let go.

And welcome to the world of KB-blown Mustangs! ... we need a 'KB MFer' image...
Old 09-15-2011, 04:56 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
You'll really be creaming your panties when you get into the beast once it's blown!
The Kb power comes on nice and strong, you'll like it a lot.

Personally though, 390's is not a gear I'd go with this blower; 373's or even 355's. You'll go through 1st so quick you won't believe it! But that's up to you.

What are your plans for tires? You'll need some better rubber to get that power to stick.

Pushing past 500 with the stock engine is risky, but there's no single magic number that your engine will be good to. A lot will have to do with the tune, fuel, etc. You can push things too far, still run and build power, but cause damage that'll eventually cause the motor to let go.

And welcome to the world of KB-blown Mustangs! ... we need a 'KB MFer' image...
This post was awesome, made my day... although... I am just finished boarding my flight to Vegas as I type this on my phone, vacation time! I dropped the GT CS off before leaving so... THE MAGIC OF IT ALL.. coming home from an awesome vacation to a fully blown GT super car of my dreams, it just keeps geting better! I am also looking forward to the hugely improved exhaust note from a full Kooks header/x pipe/muffler syste, install at the same time, BOAYH!!!

For wheels, I already have 22'' chromes on it with ZR rates rubber

7 days until I get to see it all come true, but first, VEGAS! Time to get tray tables and seats in their upright position! HAVE FUN EVERYONE.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:49 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

pics of 22s on car? Can't wait for your completed car reaction...
Old 09-15-2011, 08:55 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by highline
pics of 22s on car? Can't wait for your completed car reaction...
Just landed in colorado, almost to vegas.

I do have one picture of the twenty twos on her, but it is just in my driveway after a detail before taking her to the dyno tuners and installers, nothing artistic but I will be obsessing over her soon as we return so it will be amazing... also blacked out the windows and installed quarter louvers, wooooooo.

Quick Reply: FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!