Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 10:24 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by highline
thanks...same color & car here...was wondering what my car would look like with 22s...also wonder what it would look like with turrets...can't wait for the "finished" pics...
You're welcome What are turrets?

OFFICIALLY ORDERED EVERYTHING LAST NIGHT!!! Super Snake Hood, Super Snake vinyl matte black stripe kit, Shelby Hood Pin kit, Raxiom chrome LED headlights with the best bulbs offered, Cervini Ductail spoiler, Cervini Side Exhaust system with Side Skirts, Painted Headlight Splitters, Painted side scoops used on Shelby's concept car, Push Button Start, 9'' Shorty Antenna, Shelby Black Fuel Door, and DVD Navigation/DVD player!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenne Bell Supercharger Stage-2 and Intercooler System with 130mm Throttle Body and competition cone filter, plus full Kooks Exhaust System (X pipes, long headers, high flow cats) are being installed RIGHT NOW.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:11 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
I can understand you like the 22"s. although I HATE that size wheel.
It leaves no room for good rubber.

If you are supercharging your car with such power as you say then you obviously want the best bang for your buck.

Those 22"s are going to SLOW your car down buddy.
It makes no sense really to spend that much cash making a monster
power car and just slowing it down because of some "BLING".

You NEED good rubber for that power my friend.
You REALLY need to go to a lower sized wheel.
The rubber will make your car look much more like a beast as well and not just like some bling bling guy.

Don't forget the Mustang is a muscle car and muscle is built to have rubber and LOOK like it has the rubber to smoke others.

Really man... you will be doing yourself a HUGE favor if you drop that wheel size.
At least go with some 19"s or 20"s.

I know it's your car and your right but come on man.. you aren't driving a donk.
You are driving a muscled-out Mustang. Give the car it's due.
Some 19"s or 20"s will at least give you SOME rubber to show.

22"s in my opinion also make the car look like it has bicycle wheels with little tires.
Like a ten speed or something hehe.

You won't regret dropping those 22"s for some smaller tires when all is set and done.
In fact you will thank yourself later.
Your car isn't a "pimp my ride".

Your car is a "blow the doors off your competitor" car!
Drop those 22"s and put some muscle rubber on it!
That much power NEEDS good rubber my friend!
I hear ya loud and clear.... however, I am not a race car driver, and if I ever want to hit the drag, I will simply swap tires for the day. I unashamedly admit that this project is a life long pre-pubscent ambition finally come to frution, and if I am spending the $40,000 to make it all a reality, I need to never stray from my own personal vision of power, sound, AND yes aesthetics. Swapping wheels is easy peasy if the time should arise that I need to, but watering down something I am thrilled with from front to back as my own baby and project car for personal fulfillment simply to adhere to come purported dogma revolving around this type of car would be doing a major insult and dis-service to myself, my dreams, and my bank account. This super stang isn't for car shows or street racing, I care too much about people touching the paint, totalling the car, or seeing my insurance rates sky rocket to do that, it's about achieving something for personal enjoyment.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I think you may have traciton issues with how much power you are putting down. The 500whp "limit" on the stock block isn't entirely true, some people have blown their engines under 400whp, someone is running like 550whp by running race gas 100% of the time on the stock block with hundreds if not thousands of 1/4 mile passes.

If you are dead set on keeping the 22s (you might not be after you get the car back with the supercharger and can't get traction and cant get a good tire in that size) you can get some 4.10 gears to help make up for some of that. despite what someone else said someone I know with 4.10s and a KB supercharger still likes the 4.10s. It's like everyone telling me not to do 4.10s in my auto, info like that always comes from someone who hasn't done it.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:23 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
I think you may have traciton issues with how much power you are putting down. The 500whp "limit" on the stock block isn't entirely true, some people have blown their engines under 400whp, someone is running like 550whp by running race gas 100% of the time on the stock block with hundreds if not thousands of 1/4 mile passes.

If you are dead set on keeping the 22s (you might not be after you get the car back with the supercharger and can't get traction and cant get a good tire in that size) you can get some 4.10 gears to help make up for some of that. despite what someone else said someone I know with 4.10s and a KB supercharger still likes the 4.10s. It's like everyone telling me not to do 4.10s in my auto, info like that always comes from someone who hasn't done it.
Thanks for your input, I have looked at the gears before, but if anything after all these mods, I will only be buying a new shifter, clutch, flywheel, and Baer Extreme front and back brakes. I will only be going fast in a straight line, and when it is safe, like I said in my post above, I am not a race car driver and this project car is only meant to serve the completion of a dream and ambition.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:51 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

fulfilling dreams is awesome...congrats on this!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:58 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by highline
fulfilling dreams is awesome...congrats on this!
Thank you so much! Cervini has to wait on the tips before sending out the exhaust... which means, it will be about three months before it ships haha! They said "Monday,"I so we'll see; last time I ordered quarter window scoops they took TWO months!!! I called four times during those 2 months and was basically lied to with different answered EVERY time.

Lesson Learned: Order from American Muscle. They're quarter window louvers and side scoops shipped out the NEXT day both times I ordered over the last few weeks.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:03 PM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MAXIMUS-GT
Thank you so much! Cervini has to wait on the tips before sending out the exhaust... which means, it will be about three months before it ships haha! They said "Monday,"I so we'll see; last time I ordered quarter window scoops they took TWO months!!! I called four times during those 2 months and was basically lied to with different answered EVERY time.

Lesson Learned: Order from American Muscle. They're quarter window louvers and side scoops shipped out the NEXT day both times I ordered over the last few weeks.
You have one amazing car and it's getting better all the time! But right... Not to bash any other supplier but you cannot go wrong with American Muscle. I have ordered from a few suppliers, and can't say anything bad about them to be honest, but AM is on top of things and I've never had more than 3 business days before I got my parts, and I have never gotten a part that needed repaired or returned.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:05 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by OhEightGT
You have one amazing car and it's getting better all the time! But right... Not to bash any other supplier but you cannot go wrong with American Muscle. I have ordered from a few suppliers, and can't say anything bad about them to be honest, but AM is on top of things and I've never had more than 3 business days before I got my parts, and I have never gotten a part that needed repaired or returned.
Thanks for your kind words about the silver stallion

I wasn't bashing Cervini per-se, only highlighting the amazing service and turnaround time with American Muscle, I even shipped back a shift **** once and the credit was reflected on my card in a day or two, they are light years ahead. I like Cervinis parts, just spent another $1,500 on a side exhaust and $300 on their ducktail spoiler two nights ago online, but I can't stand their shipping and inventory issues

Looks like with shipping times, paint and prep work, tuning and everything else... this current nearly final phase of what I call the gym "Mustang Manifest" will be done by October 1st!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 02:34 AM
hollywub
2nd Gear Member

Good to see you made a decision on the KB.

I have 285/30/20's in the rear and I sometimes just bake them and sometimes i get decent launches. I do have my entire suspension done and a SPEC3 Clutch and 1 piece driveshaft that I think helps with feel...

Just go with what you like. I don't like the way 18's look on mustangs. So you get some drag from the wheels... its no more than 20 rwhp... It will feel better with light wheels and 18's though. That seems to be the favorite road race size...

When you have another 3k or 4k, I will give you the list of my suspension and drivetrain upgrades... It never ends.

Good luck!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:50 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

what brand of rubber you run on those 285/30/20s holly?

Quick Reply: FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!