Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!

Old 03-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
We went over it. Even the Kenne Bell guys stepped in to confirm that the Kenne Bell runs much hotter than the Whipple. Maximus is just amped about his car. I remember that "just boosted" feeling.

Welcome back Maximus. How's she running?
I will agree with the others. My KB runs hot at 15psi. Many have told me, shops and tuners, but I fixed the issue and it no longer is an issue.

The whipple 2.3 almost runs identical power numbers to a 2.6 KB. I love my choice and I would have been happy with a whipple too.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:25 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Ummmmm, After reading this insane thread, it sounds like you fall easily for advertising hype and have more money than sense.
It's always a pleasure to have such insightful and genuine fellow car lovers stop by to take time from their day to show was a jack off they are! Well done, you truly have perfect form. "Ummmmmmmm," gay.

Now, barring that you have any more super-dee-duper words of sarcastic wisdom to bestow upon us all, proving your true colors even more, feel more than free to go get back to the business of leading a spiteful arrogant life of mediocrity that evidently allows ample time to insert your infantile cute little comments as a weak-wristed attempt at insult. Awe, fail.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:32 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

We went over it. Even the Kenne Bell guys stepped in to confirm that the Kenne Bell runs much hotter than the Whipple. Maximus is just amped about his car. I remember that "just boosted" feeling.

Welcome back Maximus. How's she running?
HEY MY MAN! She's really running great! I still have a list a mile long it seems concerning mods I still have in the pipeline. The ultimate vision of course is to go fully forges, and see what sitting behind the steering wheel of a 900hp machine feels like. Is it because I'm a professional race car driver, a sponsored Ford Racing demo car, or I pitch tents at quarter mile tracks and obsess over shaving milliseconds off my time? Nope, I'm just a very enthused and dedicated car lover, for the sake of the American heritage and excitement of it. "Some" people just don't get that, I suppose we all have to conform to their restrictive little self-defined box of what auto-philes should truly be, lest we be insulted and poked fun at - what a great way to live a life huh, bouncing from thread to thread and putting people down.

Luckily though, aside from Mr. Wicked-Awesome above who showed me a thing or two and put me in my place, this thread and car culture isn't nearly as single minded or prejudiced against guys who merely work overtime every week and devote their ordinary income to an extraordinary pursuit. I must be some millionaire right, I mean, millionaires trick out Mustangs.

THANK YOU to all the great people of this thread, it's been a really fun time and a delight mostly, aside from the shock-and-horror I have exposed some people to when they see the number "2" following the first "2" and my wheels sinfully go two WHOLE inches over and above the commonly accepted circumference.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I would tell how retarded I thought your wheels/tires were if I saw you in person. But that doesn't make you any less of a Mustang fan as anyone else. It just means you have poor taste. I"m just kidding.

Tires and wheels aside, you're doing just fine. You won't get to 900 hp with that blower, but you can get some good numbers. With stock heads/cams/exhaust I make 565 rwhp @15 psi. Give me some heads/cams/long tubes and a 20 psi pulley and I can probably get close to the mid or high 600s.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:36 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MAXIMUS-GT
My wheels sinfully go two WHOLE inches over and above the commonly accepted circumference.
I'd say about 7" over my acceptable diameter.
A lot of guys on here can be abrasive, but it doesn't mean they aren't a wealth of knowledge. It's the web, brush it off. Keep updating!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:55 AM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
I would tell how retarded I thought your wheels/tires were if I saw you in person. But that doesn't make you any less of a Mustang fan as anyone else. It just means you have poor taste. I"m just kidding.

Tires and wheels aside, you're doing just fine. You won't get to 900 hp with that blower, but you can get some good numbers. With stock heads/cams/exhaust I make 565 rwhp @15 psi. Give me some heads/cams/long tubes and a 20 psi pulley and I can probably get close to the mid or high 600s.
Zing! Haha. I wish I could get high 600's, but I keep being told that the components and block couldn't handle that kind of pressure. Until I go forged, I think I'm in a rut. Ha, "rut," I don't mean that in a bad way, I love my car and I'm happy to have been able to finally make it a reality, but I have been in racing Vipers before over 800 horsepower, and it's a night and day difference, it's scary powerful around 800+ horsepower, THAT's what I want.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:02 PM
MAXIMUS-GT
2nd Gear Member

I'd say about 7" over my acceptable diameter.
A lot of guys on here can be abrasive, but it doesn't mean they aren't a wealth of knowledge. It's the web, brush it off. Keep updating!
Well, somebody better tell world famous and renowned accomplished race car champion and living American iconic legend Carroll Shelby that... because on his own custom manufactured wheels that come on his Super Snake from the Las Vegas Headquarters, he only uses 20'' wheels on power-machines that produce up to a THOUSAND horsepower and are meant for both the quarter mile or weekend leisurely driving.

Look, if I was gung-ho and obsessed beyond measure with seeing the amount of nano-seconds I could shave off going in a straight line for 1/4 of a mile... I would swap the wheels out, as I've mentioned so many times those keys on my keyboard are worn out - ha! However, this car represents an image that I've always had in my head since childhood, I've always had a natural and intense attraction toward cars, this is merely the embodiment of that aspiration. If I'm going to spend years sacrificing little things like cable, going out to eat, going on lavish dates, buying new clothes, and on and on, all so I can finally reach a certain number in my bank account to make this all come to fruition, I'm not going to build a snooze-machine 'by the book' that will be uninspired and yawn-worthy, lost in the innumerable crowd of other "me too" Mustangs.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:53 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Ur car looks badass
Old 03-20-2012, 11:28 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

he only uses 20'' wheels on power-machines that produce up to a THOUSAND horsepower and are meant for both the quarter mile or weekend leisurely driving.
I'm one of the few defending your right to huge wheels, but I can promise you that those 20" shelbys don't hook up for, much less were meant for, quarter mile racing.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Well, somebody better tell world famous and renowned accomplished race car champion and living American iconic legend Carroll Shelby that... because on his own custom manufactured wheels that come on his Super Snake from the Las Vegas Headquarters, he only uses 20'' wheels on power-machines that produce up to a THOUSAND horsepower and are meant for both the quarter mile or weekend leisurely driving.
carol shelby hasn't made a decent performance car in years, and the highest hp one he makes right now is the 2012 super snake at 800hp that reviewers say gets no traction at all and has too much power for the limits of the tires. it's a show car for collectors, not for racing, it gets terrible 1/4 mile numbers. If you want 20s and like the way it looks with them fine keep them, but dont try to claim performance is fine with them, it isn't, you lose performance and in your eyes/mind it gains in looks and it's worth it, Go for it, doesn't matter to me.

yeah, as far as your goals you'll want to get a turbo and forged engine, messing around with a supercharger now will be a waste of money, chevykiller kept trying to push different superchargers but in the end he had to cave in and get the turbo too. you can get a block capable of handling the power and the turbo, and fuel system for around $12,000, less if you wait for someone to part their car out. in the mean time you are blowing a lot of cash on things taht wont get you where you want to be. oh, you'll also need a new transmission.. depends on how you want to go for how much that will cost.

For your dreams/goals the cheapest way to do it is to buy one someone else already blew all their money on. all the time I see monster s197 GTs selling for 30-35k. I saw a 850whp 2004 cobra going for 22k a few years ago... but it all depends on what you want I guess..

and i'm sorry, but.. "I'm not going to build a snooze-machine 'by the book' that will be uninspired and yawn-worthy, lost in the innumerable crowd of other "me too" Mustangs."

your car so far looks exactly like a ton of other mustangs out there... if you want to be unique you'll need a different vehicle because mustangs are a dime a dozen. as are camaros, challengers, corvettes. Even with your mods i've seen tons of others that look nearly the same, minor changes dont really make it not yawn worthy.

even this car, which is one of my favorite s197s, looks like any other body-kit mustang till you see under it's hood or go down the track, and he has a lot of custom stuff, even some exterior custom custom, check out those window louvers, actually ducting that directs air to the brakes, how effective they are though.. meh, i wasn't convinced.

Last edited by Mishri; 03-21-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FINALLY: Time to SUPERCHARGE my GT-CS! Kenne Bell Mammoth!!