Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

4.10s gettin installed today

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:15 AM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Default 4.10s gettin installed today

Hey everybody, so I decided to go with a set of frpp 4.10s. I do all my mods myself, but IMO gears are one thing I'd pay to have installed. My shop told me they run the car through the heat cycles and test to make sure there is no gear whine. But I plan to take it easy for a while and slowly break it in. I heard the first 300-500 miles should be taken easy? Eitherway, I will update everybody after I pick up my car. I'm very excited, the car should accelerate much stronger. Just thought I'd share my new mod with everyone.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:42 AM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Congrats! On a side note, how're the pype bombs with the headers? Insanely loud I'm guessing?
Old 09-27-2011, 10:53 AM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HxCGuitars
Congrats! On a side note, how're the pype bombs with the headers? Insanely loud I'm guessing?
Very loud but they sound great. Surprisingly mild cruising around town, that is until I push the pedal even the slightest bit. But before i installed the headers I had an o/r x pipe and with the pypebombs it was so raspy. Now it's very loud but it atleast has a clean tone to it. Hope that helps lol. I this setup.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:13 PM
05SatinSilverGT
2nd Gear Member

You'll love the 4.10s! Well, I do anyway. Post the results ASAP. Also FWIW when Brenspeed installed my gears they told me no break-in. I did a few heat cycles then let 'er rip...I wanted to wait to get on it but I just couldn't help myself. :shrug:
Old 09-27-2011, 03:24 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 3vStang
Very loud but they sound great. Surprisingly mild cruising around town, that is until I push the pedal even the slightest bit. But before i installed the headers I had an o/r x pipe and with the pypebombs it was so raspy. Now it's very loud but it atleast has a clean tone to it. Hope that helps lol. I this setup.
Cool, thanks! Helps a lot! I'm sure you'll love the gears, I hope to do those down the road.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:15 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

I just picked the car up. Ironically my installer told me the same thing you just said 05satinsilvergt he said just take it easy on the way home, let it cool about an hour and go "have some fun" I can feel it's got a lot more pep and I barely touched the pedal I'm gona eat dinner and then take a cruise I will update when I'm done, I should be able to roast those stock tires pretty easy now lol
Old 09-27-2011, 08:22 PM
keester
2nd Gear Member

The stock tires will be toast. Just got my 4:10's a month ago. The stock BFG were not up to the task. Got some new Sumimotos(sp) last week. Much much better.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:32 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Can't wait to hear how you like them. How much was your install if you don't mind saying?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:43 PM
keester
2nd Gear Member

Mine were $525 total.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:55 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05SatinSilverGT
You'll love the 4.10s! Well, I do anyway. Post the results ASAP. Also FWIW when Brenspeed installed my gears they told me no break-in. I did a few heat cycles then let 'er rip...I wanted to wait to get on it but I just couldn't help myself. :shrug:
They told me the same so I let it rip and everything is still whine free

Quick Reply: 4.10s gettin installed today