Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I need to vent....

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 07:39 PM
whackbag
1st Gear Member

Default I need to vent....

I put my order in for a 06 about six months ago, still waiting... I am seeing reports here of people getting theirs, and I have been driving by other dealers and seeing them in the lots. I called the dealer today and was told that mine is probably bottom of the list because of the x plan pricing... No build date, and no VIN.

I am getting really antsy....
Old 09-08-2005, 07:53 PM
dajohu
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I need to vent....

Not that this will help but I bet they are hoping you cancel that way you come back and buy the same car marked up and they make more $$$.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:15 PM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

i agree with dajohu...money is all that matters to car salesman..everybody knows that..that is why i refused to finance through ford credit since they tried to screw me over
Old 09-08-2005, 08:33 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

My 05' was selling for 3k more than I bought it for when it finally came in. Took 5 1/2 months and I saw the same thing your seeing. Be patient and save some $$$. Or not and drive, the choice is yours.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:22 PM
TomsEleanor
1st Gear Member

I would be mad too, i didnt even order one and i got mine a week ago off the lot with everything i wanted at 700 under invoice. im not tryin to rub it in, but you are getting screwed
Old 09-08-2005, 09:42 PM
2005MustangGtGuy
2nd Gear Member

I would order it again through a different dealer, sounds like they are feeding you a line of BS. I ordered my car through one of the larger dealers in cincinnati and it only took 4 weeks from the time I ordered the car til it arrived on the dealers lot and I payed about $1000 under sticker on mine..
Old 09-08-2005, 09:52 PM
KandyMan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChristopherCamel

i agree with dajohu...money is all that matters to car salesman..everybody knows that..that is why i refused to finance through ford credit since they tried to screw me over

whoa whoa whoa whoa...i take real offense to that.....money is not all that matters...lemme ask you a question..do you work to make money...or do you work for free...everyone is entitled to make a buck...and as long as people are paying high prices for mustangs...dealers will continue to charge higher prices....you never here about bentley owners saying they paid too much for a car...if you dont wanna pay it...dont buy it....im a real nice guy and have a decent customer following..salesmen dont quite make as much as you think they do...and for the few short months ive been on here..ive tried to contribute with some of the knowledge i have gained from my experience....and ive never once even asked someone to buy a mustang from me...in fact im not sure ive even mentioned what dealer i work for....and i know theres plenty of peopl on here that would like to buy one....but i havent even brought it up once...and i could very easily do so...but whatever...im tireed of people assuming we only care about one thing....and how did ford credit try and screw you over...by charging an interest rate more than what you think you deserve...btw if you want a car and dont wanna deal with us...call up FOMOCO and have them build it and goto dearborn and pick it up....good luck...[:@]
Old 09-09-2005, 12:58 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

I have been reading many posts here about the long wait in getting a new stang. I just ordered mine and was told I would have a VIN number in a week. Today was the end of the first week. The salesman gladly took my order using the x-plan and said it would be around 4-6 weeks. I had told him what I have been reading on the various posts and how long some people have been waiting for their new rides. He just laughed and said not to worry, they are a high allocation dealer along with the 3rd highest distributor of Saleens in the US. He had indicated it was about allocation and how many cars they sell in a given year. He also explained it didn't hurt that they were a minority owned dealer as well. I guess I'll believe him when the car shows up in about 4-6 weeks. One thing he also stated was the red interior upgrade is experiencing longer than usual delays due to supplier issues and shortcomings. I myself ordered the GT premium, white withthe parchment leather interior with the alarm system. Pretty basic. I too got mine for well under sticker using the x-plan. I will be posting my experience as it unfolds.

Just called the 800 number and got an update. The car now has a VIN and my build date is scheduled for the week of 9-26-06. Priority code 10. Yippie... I hope to have the new car sometime first to mid OCT.

Just called the 800 number and got a new update. The car is expected to be delivered 10-09-05 (4 weeks from my order), not bad considering what other wait times have been.

Stang arrived today (10-5-05) and picked it up (B4 the scheduled arrival date) !!... Yippee

A little late but here she is, my new filly...

[IMG]local://upfiles/21355/E6D1C718878245248DD7BB95C5AF2095.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

well, if you ordered the 06 6 months ago, they were'nt taking orders 6 months ago for 06's. I believe the order banks have only been open for 3 months. Maybe it was ordered as an 05, never got built, or never got reordered as 06? possible?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:44 PM
whackbag
1st Gear Member

The order was put in as an 05 model, knowing that it would be an 06. Good news is, the dealership called this weekend and they are expecting it on the 28th. Can't wait!!! I am just torn between getting a C&L or going right for the blower....

Quick Reply: I need to vent....