Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

05 Mustang GT Shaker 1000?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 10:13 PM
05 Screaming Yellow GT

Default 05 Mustang GT Shaker 1000?!?!

I recently bought an 05 Yellow GT with the Shaker 1000 in it and I am having issues with it. The radio works, however at night none of the buttons light up and the actual shaker 1000 subs in the trunk do not work at all. Also, oddly, in the menu, there is no option for the Shaker. I am perplexed as to what's going on with this radio as I have only had the car 3 weeks. I have no idea what the previous owner did with it.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:36 AM
05 Screaming Yellow GT

anyone?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:59 AM
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

the only thing I can think of is rip that radio out and check the wires in the back of it. Or check your fuses. Just for clarity does it says Shaker 1000 directly on your head unit?
Old 10-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

I have a 2012 GT with the shaker 1000. I dont know if they had it on the 05's but when I cycle through my radios menu there is an On/Off option for the shaker. Perhaps the previous owner turned yours off. Not sure why none of the radio buttons are illuminated. try playing around with the menu, you could take the car to the dealer and see what they could come up with. Or just call any Ford dealer and tell them the problem that you are having and see if they can come up with any suggestions. Also check the owners manual to see if it has anything about the shaker 1000 in it.

edit

the button on my car says "sound" and when you cycle thru that it has all of the different shaker options
Old 10-11-2011, 12:31 PM
05 Screaming Yellow GT

Originally Posted by ironh19
the only thing I can think of is rip that radio out and check the wires in the back of it. Or check your fuses. Just for clarity does it says Shaker 1000 directly on your head unit?
See that's another issue. The previous owner put a really sharp dash kit in the car, but he put it over the radio, so no, I can't tell what the head unit says. But why would it have the shaker subs in the trunk but the wrong head unit?

We checked the fuses and all the fuses are there for the shaker 1000, we were thinking if it didn't have it, the fuses wouldn't be there.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:32 PM
05 Screaming Yellow GT

Originally Posted by Maraman
I have a 2012 GT with the shaker 1000. I dont know if they had it on the 05's but when I cycle through my radios menu there is an On/Off option for the shaker. Perhaps the previous owner turned yours off. Not sure why none of the radio buttons are illuminated. try playing around with the menu, you could take the car to the dealer and see what they could come up with. Or just call any Ford dealer and tell them the problem that you are having and see if they can come up with any suggestions. Also check the owners manual to see if it has anything about the shaker 1000 in it.

edit

the button on my car says "sound" and when you cycle thru that it has all of the different shaker options
Not sure, yesterday my partner and I went out looking at other Mustangs on lots and sat in a 2006 GT with the shaker 1000 and all I had to do was push Menu and the 1st option was for shaker on/off.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Screaming Yellow GT
Not sure, yesterday my partner and I went out looking at other Mustangs on lots and sat in a 2006 GT with the shaker 1000 and all I had to do was push Menu and the 1st option was for shaker on/off.
Ditch the head unit and put in a nice Pioneer...you will be glad you did!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:55 PM
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Screaming Yellow GT
See that's another issue. The previous owner put a really sharp dash kit in the car, but he put it over the radio, so no, I can't tell what the head unit says. But why would it have the shaker subs in the trunk but the wrong head unit?

We checked the fuses and all the fuses are there for the shaker 1000, we were thinking if it didn't have it, the fuses wouldn't be there.
my line of thinking was, maybe the stock unit crapped out and the previous owner just slapped in any old unit. I know Mustang Headunits are garbage, I had to replace the one in my 99 twice.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:09 PM
05 Screaming Yellow GT

Originally Posted by ironh19
my line of thinking was, maybe the stock unit crapped out and the previous owner just slapped in any old unit. I know Mustang Headunits are garbage, I had to replace the one in my 99 twice.
Was thinking that too. It's still a stock head unit,we just don't know which one because of the idiot putting the dash kit over it so you can't see what it says. It's at least the 6 disc changer so it could either be the 500 or the 1000.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:12 PM
05 Screaming Yellow GT

is there a way to tell by looking at the back of the unit which one it is?

Quick Reply: 05 Mustang GT Shaker 1000?!?!