Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I feel like I'm being !@#$ed by ford.....HELP :icon_shrug:

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:44 PM
HBOMB44

I just feel betrayed by them as they basically told me to go !@#$ myself and didnt offer me a deal or anything. Those rims arent worth 900 CDN/unit and I thought they'd help me out as I've said I have gotten 2 new vehicles from them with intention's on another next year and they cant help me out. They try to make you feel all warm and fuzzy during the buying experience and then dont care.....screw buying locally any more there isnt a point when I can travel 2 hours and get a better deal...
Old 11-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by HBOMB44
So I was driving along today on a smooth paved when I heard a loud bang. I immediately felt the car start pulling to the right so I pulled off to the side of the road to check it out. I noticed my front passenger tire was flat and was like !@#$ !@#$ !@#$ !@#$.....anyhow I was almost to my destination so i limped the car the last block or so and pulled into a parking lot. Called the dealership and they said call roadside assistance so I did. As the tow truck pulled up I noticed the rear tire on the same side was also flat.....Upon closer inspection I noticed there was a huge gouge on the inside of the back rim and so I checked the front and same deal. It looks like a small volcano had popped up on the inside of each rip in a very similar fashion. So long story short it got towed to the dealership. They took a look and said nope you hit something big like a 3" rock or something and it transfered the energy through the tire and blew out the rim.....twice.....
Now I'm not an unreasonable person so I understand how this could happen. I argued with the fella for a while about how I had in fact NOT hit anything because as far as I know I hadn't. I was driving down a smooth, newly paved road when this happened. I looked behind me as soon as I heard the bang and saw nothing but pavement. So anyway down to my point.....
My local dealership wants 900/rim plus the tires are probably ruined as well because I drove a block on them with no air(no choice I was late for a class field trip). So what I would like is some input/thoughts on what to do here. The car is my summer only toy and has 5800km's on it and it's now back in my garage for the winter with 2 flat tires....Can I get these rims cheaper anywhere? Any brembo package guys on here wanna get rid of their's. What about tires?
oh ya pics....
my apologies for the pics being so large i tried to resize them via imgur but they are still huge...

Are the balancing weights still on the rim? I've had them come flying off before and they make a ton of noise. Never had one bust a rim but maybe its possible?

The weights are held on by double sided tape. You'll see where the weights were if you find the gummy stuff left behind.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:01 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Are the balancing weights still on the rim? I've had them come flying off before and they make a ton of noise. Never had one bust a rim but maybe its possible?

The weights are held on by double sided tape. You'll see where the weights were if you find the gummy stuff left behind.
Wheel weights could not do that. Not to mention the dent/crack is protruding the wrong direction.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I would think there would most definitely have to be tire damage if you hit something that large and hard to go that far in and damage a wheel. I would guess there is about 4-5" from the outside of the tire, to that inside part of the rim. Thats a long way for the rubber to travel while inflated and not cause tire damage, and not rattle your teeth out either!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:35 PM
HBOMB44

Originally Posted by Stoenr
I would think there would most definitely have to be tire damage if you hit something that large and hard to go that far in and damage a wheel. I would guess there is about 4-5" from the outside of the tire, to that inside part of the rim. Thats a long way for the rubber to travel while inflated and not cause tire damage, and not rattle your teeth out either!
There is no mark, dent, or even a scuff on either tire as far as I can tell from molesting the tires with my hands. I'm still pissed about this whole thing....Is there anyone from higher up at Ford I could be talking to about this? I'm not by any means looking for a free ride but considering I've spent 65k on cars there in the last 18 months I would appreciate some kind of deal. I've had a few people come over and check it out and the typical response has been "it's a brand new car what the !@#$ do you mean ford won't do anything?"
I'm also pissed about the fact that they offered my friend with a blown out tire on his '11 f150 warrenty. All he had to do is sign a piece of paper stating he hit a pothole and shortly after the tire blew out......
Old 11-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Did you PM the Ford rep that offered to help in this thread? Start there.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:47 PM
HBOMB44

Originally Posted by Derf00
Did you PM the Ford rep that offered to help in this thread? Start there.
Perhaps I'm blind but I never saw such an offer.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:46 PM
acquah20
1st Gear Member

I don't see what the issue is. Your complaining that ford won't give you a deal or the dealership won't give you a deal on TWO new rims and tires. The dealer isn't going to give you doscount on a rim if thats the price of the rim itself, otherwise they would be paying for part of the rim out of their pocket. I see this all the time at work at Ford and thats why when ppl buy cars the saleman offer a Ford maintence plan and wheel and tire plan for situations like this and if you deny to buy the either of the plans then your sol! Sorry but I don't feel the dealership should be paying for any part of your rim/tire since you ran something over. It is what it is, its a buisness
Old 11-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Im stuck on this one. With no markings on the tires what so ever, I have a hard time believing he ran something over. But on the other hand, wtf rim, why you break on me!

I have seen defective rims before. But both on the same side is odd. And never a failure this way.(19 years @ Goodyear) But it is possible, metal fatigue happens... so, I am up in the air.

The service writer can call Ford and give them the situation, and say hay, I have a really good customer here, and there is no proof of an impact here, can we help this customer out? But most are not willing to go that extra step it seems. Unfortunate.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:44 PM
1990lxhatch
2nd Gear Member

Ford allocated their customer goodwill funds to the dealerships to be used at their discretion. Rarely will Ford bypass this policy and offer something supplemental - especially in a case of obvious road hazard.

Forget that there are no marks on the tires. I bent a rim on a pothole 4 months ago and there was never any obvious sign of impact on the tire. Plus, although the sidewall was crushed enough to completely ruin my rim, I've been driving on it since with absolutely no issues.

As a dealer, I wouldn't help you out with this either. If you are a returning customer that's provided valuable patronage I'd consider selling you two new rims at dealer cost and only charging you my tech's time to mount/balance them but why would I waste my limited goodwill funds on a road hazard damage (that you should address through INSURANCE) when I may need to use those funds for a customer who's engine blows at 36,001 miles?

Quick Reply: I feel like I'm being !@#$ed by ford.....HELP :icon_shrug: