Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

05 S197 "Dark Ace" Project

Old 01-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Heavy Metal Thunder

JCON,

I see you replaced the Bullit grille. Let me know if you are interested in selling it. You can PM or text me at 862-571-0101.

Also, I have MAC LT's, PC w/ high flow cats, and the MAC axleback. I am thinking of swapping the MAC axleback with the MAC Boom Tubes which is the same setup you will have once your LT's and PC are installed. Only difference is I have magnaflow high flows and you have slp high flows. Could you post a sound clip once you are done with the exhaust install. It would be really helpful for me to decide if I should swap the mac mufflers for the boom tubes. I used to have boom tubes on my old setup and liked them.

Thanks,
HMT
Old 01-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Heavy Metal Thunder

And congrats on the new ride!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:47 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

I will def load a video when its finished. I am having the LT's coated I think at the end of this month.

How much louder and deeper was it after you switched? I am concerned with the boomtubes being too loud after finishing the exhaust.

Check your PM
Old 01-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Jer5757
1st Gear Member

Nice ride Jcon. Coming together nicely
Old 01-07-2012, 11:38 AM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Thanks guys.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Heavy Metal Thunder

Originally Posted by JCON
I will def load a video when its finished. I am having the LT's coated I think at the end of this month.

How much louder and deeper was it after you switched? I am concerned with the boomtubes being too loud after finishing the exhaust.

Check your PM
Before installing the LT's I had: stock manifolds, o/r prochamber, MAC mufflers. It was loud, deep, and sounded nice and throaty.

After installing the MAC LT's it got noticeably quieter, noticeably deeper, and most notably, smoother and cleaner sounding.

then I installed the magnaflow high flow cats and it became a little more quieter, smoother and cleaner.

It's a myth that long tubes are louder. My stock manifolds were much louder than the MAC LT's, even before I had the hf cats welded in. That is why I think I may eventually go back to the boom tubes.

This is a list of exhaust setups I've run in order of most quiet to loudest... (not in the order that I had them).

stock
stock man., pypes H with Pypes HF cats, stock axleback
stock man., stock midpipe, Pypes violators
stock man., pypes H with Pypes HF cats, KR mufflers
MAC LT's, prochamber w/ magnaflow hf cats, MAC Mufflers
stock man., stock midpipe, Pypes Muffler Delete
MAC LT's, o/r prochamber, MAC Mufflers
stock man., o/r prochamber, MAC mufflers
stock man., o/r prochamber, KR mufflers
stock man., pypes H with Pypes HF cats, Boom Tubes

The best sounding setups I've had
MAC LT's, prochamber w/ magnaflow hf cats, MAC Mufflers - Best sound I've been able to create but quiter than I'm used to.
MAC LT's, o/r prochamber, MAC Mufflers
stock man., pypes H with Pypes HF cats, Boom Tubes - Loudest setup even though it wasn't off-road. Was more of a higher pitched chainsaw sound. Here's a vid of me with that setup - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ETn...eature=mh_lolz
stock man., stock midpipe, Pypes Muffler Delete

I did not like the KR's or the Violators.

Hope this helps.

And I will return your PM now about the Bullitt Grille.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Heavy Metal Thunder

JCON, couldn't figure out how to PM (I don't think it is enabled on my account yet) so I posted a visitor message on your member page instead.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Check the ground on the harness side. A bad ground can cause issues. Also did you connect the dimmer wire?
just side-tracking for a moment.
i finally got my relay soldered in correctly and can go into my brightness menu.
i noticed that it will swap back and forth from night/day constantly which is causing the 'pulsing' from it dimming the screen.
i know i soldered that wire in...dont think i messed it up any. thoughts?
Old 01-10-2012, 04:24 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

I think there might be option to change it. I never change my brightness but then again I have it at a set value. Hold down the menu button on the front and see what you find in the menu there
Old 01-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

I think there might be option to change it. I never change my brightness but then again I have it at a set value. Hold down the menu button on the front and see what you find in the menu there
Yea I had to fix my relay to get there.
But when I go there the menus change between day and night settings constantly. I'm not sure why. I just held the up button till they were both at the max. No pulsing but it's also on brightest setting

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 S197 "Dark Ace" Project